Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Beastie Boys > General Beastie Boys Discussion

Old 03-11-2015, 04:32 AM
Scientist

Default Ad-Rock and Money Mark debut new track for June 2015 David Byrne Shows

This "contemporary color" track should be interesting, once it is released this June. Wonder if a DVD will be made or whether or not they will stream the performances in the future.

"A lot of record companies look at the numbers and they'll be like, 'Your first record sold 5 million and your second record sold only 800,000. What happened? You guys fell off, I think the band all feels that the record did really well. Most musicians I grew up playing music with would probably shoot me if I ever complained about selling 800,000 records."

Last edited by Michelle*s_Farm : 03-11-2015 at 08:11 AM.
Old 03-11-2015, 12:53 PM

Default Re: Ad-Rock and Money Mark debut new track for June 2015 David Byrne Shows

Nice. Glad they are still hanging out/working together.

message board

Old 09-22-2020, 01:13 PM

Default Re: Ad-Rock and Money Mark debut new track for June 2015 David Byrne Shows

I couldn’t find this track anywhere, but the full Contemporary Color documentary is on Kanopy. It’s a streaming app mostly focused on documentaries and educational stuff. If you have a library card you may be able to use it to watch stuff for free.

Just came across it as I was browsing Kanopy and remembered watching the trailer and seeking out the song to no avail. So here’s a way to watch the film for free for anyone interested.

If this is gonna be that kind of party, I'ma stick my dick in the mashed potatoes!

Old 09-22-2020, 01:51 PM

Sweet. Thanks for the heads up!

message board

Old 09-22-2020, 03:03 PM
Music est. 1986

I posted this about 5 years ago but here again is the bootleg of the track and a little video I put together with some of the photos I took from the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejI3wTa0TC0