Old 11-01-2018, 08:54 AM

Default Re: Book Tour

Great write up MXY

Quote:
DIAMOND: He wishes he could be here right now. So do we.

Old 11-01-2018, 03:45 PM
One Fly Gemini

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave790 View Post
Great write up MXY
Loved it! I thought I heard someone say something but it wasn't sure during the moment, "creep" it is. I was sitting next to an annoying dude in a skeleton t-shirt that kept yelling out "Donny Osmond" while they were talking about Paul's Boutique. He had an obnoxious lap. I almost cried when Adam read about the last show.

"We're the Beastie Boys from New York City, this song is dedicated to Macy" - Adrock introducing "Gratitude" at Virgin Festival.

Macy (Jan 3, 2000 - Aug 3, 2007)

http://www.facebook.com/daveblev

Old 11-01-2018, 05:43 PM

Could not have written it better myself, MXY.

It was not I who yelled "creep", but I did yell "Clarence" at the beginning.

Overall, it was a great experience and was made better by sharing it with so many other people whose lives have been greatly impacted by the Beasties.

I did shed some tears, but I laughed a hell of a lot more.

Thankful to have been there, and even more so for Adam, Mike and Adam.

Adam, you will be forever missed.

Old 11-02-2018, 02:28 AM

Thanks guys

Sharon.. were you at Brooklyn Bowl for that MCA night right after he died, where Questlove DJed? Either way I think I got a quick video of Mike running down the aisle hi-5i'ing everyone. I was right on that side but a little too far in to reach out.. you got one - yeeeeah!

I heard the Donny Osmond guy... and I heard "Clarence!!" too hahah.

One of the funniest moments for me was when Mike referenced Danceteria and a lot of people cheered.. And Mike said something to the effect of "maaan shut the fuck up, you know nothing about Danceteria". Keeping it real!
Old 11-02-2018, 04:35 AM

Arrow Re: Book Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by M|X|Y View Post

A little FUCK YOU to the chick who yelled out "CREEP!" (more than once!) as Adam told the story and sincerely apologized for the way they let go of Kate. That was so cowardly, childish and unnecessary. He smoothed right past it just fine but I really wish she hadn't done that.
I haven't gotten this far in the book yet but this might be the part of the book I'd like to check out the most. I didn't even learn about the early days of the band until 1992 or so, but for the last 25 years I've read/heard many interviews and I've never seen a real thorough explanation of what went down there. Certainly never an apology, that always seems like it was well needed. I'm pretty happy to see them going there and can't wait to read this part.
Old 11-02-2018, 05:19 AM
Current Member

Audiobook is great.

Shout at the Devil!

Old 11-05-2018, 07:02 AM

How long have the shows been?

Yes Adam yauch was very spiritual yes he raised awareness about the situation in Tibet yea he was a great father , husband and friend but most of all he was a dope MC one of the greatest to ever pick up a mike his voice will be missed- Chris Rock

Old 11-05-2018, 08:45 AM
Rest in Peace Yauch

Shows have been a little over two hours.

Thank You Adam Yauch

Old 11-05-2018, 09:28 AM
NYC Brouhaha Division

If you want a high five from Mike, sit at the end of the rows near the aisle/walkway in the right side of the audience. If you’re in the middle section, Mike will come down the row to your right, those seated on the right will see him come down to your left during the “talk show” segment.

What I’m saying is that Stage Right and Stage Left are complicated theater terms, and this feels kind of like a play, so be prepared for costume and set changes as well as ambience/mood/lighting.

I don’t want to spoil, but the three ending segments were deeply emotional so I hope to come back to discuss with those who are lucky enough to catch this.

It needs to be seen more than five times in the world. It’s so cathartic and healing.

Long Burn The Fire. Rest In Peace Adam.

Old 11-05-2018, 10:18 AM
Kid Crafty AKA Burger Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by M|X|Y
BEASTIE BOYS
TONIGHT

...indeed.

Right then it I realized I didn't think I'd ever see such a sight again. It made me giddy to relive the experience of walking into a BBoys show once again, a feeling I put away since I guess the day Yauch died. And as I approached it hit me that when I was a kid I never in my wildest dreams thought they'd become the institution they became, that we'd be looking at their lives in this museum-like way. The glass cases containing these incredible pieces of history and all the stoners, NY hip hop kids, school cafeteria punk table gangs now all grown, looking with reverence upon these relics of our past - did any of us imagine this day would come?

Beastie Boys Forever.

Thank You

"He Won Big In Atlantic City" - Mike D - 12-14-04

Old 11-05-2018, 03:30 PM
Klingons don't smirk.

I was insanely lucky enough to go to both LA shows (shout out to YoungRemy on this board for letting me know 3MTA was selling his tickets here).

What an amazing show.

It was truly a tribute to New York and how they grew up. How they were just young kids obsessed with music, going out every night to shows and playing music all the time. They made sure to give owe to their biggest influences. There was this amazing video I'd never seen before, of Adrock sneaking onto a TV show that Afrika Bambaatta was on and asking him if he'd heard of a song called Cookie Puss. Hahaha.

The guys were super goofy the whole time. There was some "skits" and costumes. At the very beginning Mike just straight up leaves the stage and says he has something else to do haha. They would make fun of each other and go on tangents. They also have some inside joke whenever things would falter. One would look at the other and say "You know, you should get a dog." Obviously some kinda joke they've had for a long time.

They spent a lot of time on the early years .They acknowledged that when they became the beer-spewing, moshing, nasty Beasties that they kinda pushed Kate out of the group, and eventually realized they'd become toxic assholes.

They talked about the move to Los Angeles and made fun of AdRock's acting career by showing a clip from Lost Angels. Where the car goes into the pool and Adam makes a sexual kind of noise. They replayed this noise over and over haha. They talked about the crazy 70s house they rented and the clothing they found inside. The amazing Bob Dylan story as voiced by Tim Meadows.

It was all wrapped up with some beautiful tributes to Yauch. I'm sure this is all stuff covered in the book but man. It was pretty cool to see it in person.

People spotted: Mario C, Monkey Mark, Beck, Kathleen Hanna, John C. Reilly, Cut Chemist

If you wanna see some pics / videos you can see them on my instagram here - https://www.instagram.com/babs_gray/

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEIRESS View Post
*summits*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Webb View Post
1. watch as many woody allen movies as possible
2. ???????????
3. profit

Old 11-05-2018, 06:05 PM
Kid Crafty AKA Burger Boy

i still need a ticket for tonight, anyone with an extra text me five10-378-5835

"He Won Big In Atlantic City" - Mike D - 12-14-04

Old 11-06-2018, 02:47 AM
italiana

Thank you everybody for the reviews, full of true emotions.
I really cant wait to see the show in London

*We gonna party for the muther fucking right to fight*

Old 11-06-2018, 08:46 AM

Man what an amazingly funny, sweet, honest, and touching tribute to Yauch. Last nights show was so great. I’m really glad I was able to go. Thank you Mike & Adam.

Yes Adam yauch was very spiritual yes he raised awareness about the situation in Tibet yea he was a great father , husband and friend but most of all he was a dope MC one of the greatest to ever pick up a mike his voice will be missed- Chris Rock

Old 11-06-2018, 12:54 PM
space cake cookie

great show. line to see the exhibit was a snail, and moving like a snail but it was awesome to see. merch is nice, show was nice, went by much too quick and it was over 2 hrs. i started taking pics but was so enamored I realized after that my phone was pretty much in my lap the whole time. I don't think I was alone either. so much love in the room. it was us....all still dressed the same, all smiling, all telling stories and sharing nods and complimenting each other's fandom, and all just a little bit older but I could pick out each and all Beastie fans as we were enjoying a few spots around the venue before it began. i miss that part so much...

thank you everyone and God damn thank you to the band. pretty sure they needed this for at least some closure, I know I did.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:42 AM
space cake cookie

here is a pretty shitty album of pics from SF....in case anyone wasn't lucky enough to catch a show. sorry but once they started i just didn't want to waste time picking up phone to take pics hence the pretty shitty part.
Old 11-21-2018, 11:22 AM

I was feeling the same... do I want to record to enjoy later or do I want to watch with my eyes as wide as possible and just be in the now?.. only time I've ever wanted Google glasses
Old 11-29-2018, 07:49 AM
The name Praying Mantis

Email from Ticketmaster states that the exhibition from the USA shows will not be there, either at all or in a reduced form which is a little disappointing as I was looking forward to seeing it.

Whilst I am super excited for tonight (gf and I are getting the train to Marylebone, London shortly) this and the fact that the advertised "guest moderators" who were absent according to reviews from the stateside shows has me wondering about the slight lack of organisation behind the scenes...

Also anyone who booked tickets in the UK, the tickets have been resent via email as the first ones did not have the lead bookers name on them. Please check to ensure you've printed the ones with the name on them AND take ID for the lead bookers or you'll be stood in the cold very unhappy tonight or tomorrow!
Old 11-29-2018, 11:16 PM
Current Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterclamp View Post
Email from Ticketmaster states that the exhibition from the USA shows will not be there, either at all or in a reduced form which is a little disappointing as I was looking forward to seeing it.

Whilst I am super excited for tonight (gf and I are getting the train to Marylebone, London shortly) this and the fact that the advertised "guest moderators" who were absent according to reviews from the stateside shows has me wondering about the slight lack of organisation behind the scenes...

Also anyone who booked tickets in the UK, the tickets have been resent via email as the first ones did not have the lead bookers name on them. Please check to ensure you've printed the ones with the name on them AND take ID for the lead bookers or you'll be stood in the cold very unhappy tonight or tomorrow!
No Yauch, you see.

Shout at the Devil!

Old 12-01-2018, 10:23 AM
(¯`·.,¸¸.-»

Talking Re: Book Tour

Such a great weekend! Yesterday the book show in London, and today the book signing event. Although the signing went very rapidly i got a chance to shake hands, say a couple of things to them and got 2 books signed.
Met some people from the board as well as other fans. Unforgettable!
Old 12-01-2018, 10:51 AM

I saw them last night at earth Hackney.l was only about 5 metres away the whole show, l got lucky with the picking of a seat, It was crazy being so close.
Even though l had read the book before going to the show, l had a smile on face the whole time and it was really touching at the end when adam could'nt finish reading the words about their last concert show at bonnaroo 2009 and this irish woman from the crowd had do it for him.
Mix master mike was amazing and l told him so instagram (which he liked).
I tried and failed to get a ticket for the book signing today which will haunt me!
The rare photos shown on the large screens from the Pauls Boutique era are something somehow l need to obtain

"I don't wanna go to a health farm,I just wanna have a good time"

Old 12-03-2018, 01:53 AM
(¯`·.,¸¸.-»

Here's a photo of me at the book siging event.
Old 12-03-2018, 02:53 AM

Friday was an unforgettable moment. We sat down next to the sound desk which was as close as we wanted to be. Such a privilege to be there for the last show as it felt as they were drawing a line under it all. The Don Cornelius/Soul Train part was so funny, which I told Mike on Saturday. Bumped into Don Letts and Simon Pegg at Fridays show too.

The signing was another great moment but very over organised and at times heavy handed. Was a waste dragging that Spike Jonze deck around for two days just on the off chance but hey ho. The guy at Waterstones in charge looked like ex-military so there was no point trying to take the piss.

Had a brief chat with Adam who was super friendly and welcoming. Mike was a little stony faced throughout but still got some smiles from him about the Soul Train part. Joked about the weather and that was it ushered off to the side very quickly.

What a weekend though. Now onto Cypress at Brixton on Wednesday for more Mix Master Mike
Old 12-03-2018, 07:13 PM

its cool to hear about other musicians as fans at these.. someone said somewhere that beck was at one of the shows
Old 12-13-2018, 11:33 AM
Legoland

For some reason I didn't think of looking for recordings of one of the shows, but course it is up on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8hRUreTLwU
Old 12-14-2018, 01:45 AM
(¯`·.,¸¸.-»

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friis gal View Post
For some reason I didn't think of looking for recordings of one of the shows, but course it is up on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8hRUreTLwU

Thanks for posting!
Old 12-14-2018, 07:35 AM
technically insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Zip View Post
looks like a dream i had

earl@fuckyoumyman.com

Old 12-17-2018, 08:19 AM
Dear New York

I was the guy right behind you! how bazaar

www.musicfanclubs.org/beastieboys

If I had a car it would be a cadalac, Rockin on the mic, I'm not the wacky wack!

Old 12-17-2018, 11:16 PM
CANADA'S BIGGEST BBOY FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Zip View Post
hell yes, so happy for you man!

http://mic-to-mic.blogspot.com/

Old 12-23-2018, 10:50 AM

This interview is short and funny. I hope they continue to work together in 2019...

https://www.npr.org/programs/wait-wa...-d-and-ad-rock