Old 05-05-2012, 07:31 PM
You hear that fkn brass?

Default Re: Adam Yauch - 1964-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. Guevera View Post
I'm listening to "Looking Down The Barrel Of A Gun" and MCA saying "Life comes in phases/Take the good with the bad" stung me.
I can imagine because even reading your post got me.
Btw y'all the beastie boys are artist of the month on comcast on demand, they have a whole bunch of music videos on there I watched all of them it was Intergalactic, Root down, Pass the mic, chcheck it out, Sabotage, Fight for your right, and a few more. They're great quality right on your tv (:

www.theillestfans.webs.com
Welcome to the site of illest proportions.

When you've got so much to say
It's called GRATITUDE
& That's RIGHT.

(R.I.P Adam Yauch.)

Every thought in the mind
is a planted seed.

Last edited by MCAadROCKMiKEd7 : 05-05-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:37 PM
The Illest Jew-O-Rican!!!

SNL is new tonight. I wonder if they'll reference Yauch. They performed on the show twice, after all.

We Love You MCA!

Old 05-05-2012, 07:41 PM
You hear that fkn brass?

Dude I bet you they will. Gonna scope that

It's called GRATITUDE
& That's RIGHT.

(R.I.P Adam Yauch.)

is a planted seed.

Old 05-05-2012, 07:42 PM
B-Boy fan in Newfoundlan'

Quote:
I like what this writer for Late Night With Jimmy Fallon had to say on Twitter:

I don't think the Beastie Boys will ever realize just how much they really meant to people and just how many lives they have touched.
The B Boys have just been a constant for many of us for many years, they've just been 'there'. They've also been a solid group with none of the celebrity drama like some other groups...a group to look up to and respect. They've been like buddies to me, friends I would hang out with and have some laughs.

As unfortunate as this has been to loose Yauch, this is it for the Beastie Boys as we have known them. It can't be helped and I wouldn't blame Horowitz or Diamond for going out and do their own thing (duo or solo) from this point on. I wouldn't be surprised if they released another album of their vaulted stuff to close the book on the Beastie Boys and semi-retire, or just do something different. I'll be waiting in anticipation and wish them luck for the future.

Kick the wicked rhymes like a fortune tella'

Snowmobiling in Newfoundland
http://www.sled-headz.com
http://www.lewishillbillies.com

Old 05-05-2012, 07:48 PM
NYC Brouhaha Division

Chuck D and LL inducting Beastie Boys now

Long Burn The Fire. Rest In Peace Adam.

Old 05-05-2012, 07:49 PM
Beasties#2fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain_Cat_1M View Post
The B Boys have just been a constant for many of us for many years, they've just been 'there'. They've also been a solid group with none of the celebrity drama like some other groups...a group to look up to and respect. They've been like buddies to me, friends I would hang out with and have some laughs.

No celebrity B.S. just solid working guys who do what they do... Guys you can respect.

www.Beastiemixes.com
Beastie Boys Remix Hosting/Downloads, Rare Tracks. blah, Blah, etc...
---------------------------
www.Beastieboyslive.com
Live Show Downloads

Old 05-05-2012, 07:49 PM
One Fly Gemini

I found out at work yesterday afternoon. I've been fighting off tears, hasn't happened yet.

I just never thought this day would come, like they would go on to be those old dudes from the Ricky's Theme video and Anthology.

Just as the band dedicated "Gratitude" to my dog in 2007, I'm sending it back to MCA for gratitude.

Rest In Peace Adam Yauch and I dedicate this song by Pete Yorn to you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUN3s4BgVD4

"We're the Beastie Boys from New York City, this song is dedicated to Macy" - Adrock introducing "Gratitude" at Virgin Festival.

Macy (Jan 3, 2000 - Aug 3, 2007)

http://www.facebook.com/daveblev

Old 05-05-2012, 08:16 PM

Quote:
SNL is new tonight. I wonder if they'll reference Yauch. They performed on the show twice, after all.
I watched the performance from 94 on VHS earlier today. I recorded it when it was first run before they could bleep out MCA saying "I use a bullshit mike, that's made out of plastic.." on live TV.

"MCA, where have you been?"

In our hearts, and he always will be.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:17 PM
Quarry Swimmer

I've been trying not to, but I've been shedding tears for the past 2 days. It's amazing how much Adam Yauch and the Beastie Boys really mean to me and so many others.

It's been kind of hard for me to listen to them honestly... for alot of people the beastie boys have been past tense since license to ill, and its easy for them to just turn it on and celebrate his life. But for me, the beasties already were a huge part of my everyday life, you know? I'm reeling.

I just watched Horovitz read Yauch's letter on the rock n roll HOF induction, and it was pretty heavy, but... hearing it finally, he got his chance to say goodbye to all of us. And I feel alittle more at peace now. I know Adam would want me stay positive, maintain inner peace and happiness, do something to help the world around me, and jam out to some motherfucking beastie boys...forever.

I love you Adam Yauch. Thanks.

Call me Dwight Schrute the way that I eat beats.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain_Cat_1M View Post
Just want to say my few words...

Been a fan since 86. I was shocked when MCA announced he had cancer...and I was just after finishing a 6 month go of chemo 2 months prior for small bowel cancer. So his announcement hit home for me. I thought for sure he would beat it given it seemed localized and treatable. It is baffling how one person can beat it and another can't. My tumor was likely 10x bigger than as his and 10x more lymph nodes affected but its been 3.5 years since surgery to remove all the cancer and 3 years since I finished chemo and no signs of reoccurance. How I am alive is beyond me. So when someone like MCA can't beat it, someone who really made a difference for so many, it really gets to me. Because I'm just a regular joe who was very damn lucky.

I'd like to say he went out first class and didn't go out coach but there is nothing first class about his death. One thing is for certain his life was first class and he was a child of the earth. R.I.P MCA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentonkyle23 View Post
Hey everyone,
MCA's passing is going to be one of those moments where I will always remember where I was when I heard the news. He (along with the rest of the BBoys) meant that much to me. Very sad news. I had the fortune to see the guys four times over the span almost 20 years.

My buddy let me post some rarities, deep cuts, and b-sides in an MCA tribute podcast I made last night. If you are the type of fan that knows Cooky Puss and 33% God etc. then I think you'll dig it.
You can find it at http://hotshotscott.com/

Let me know if you want me to share the Playlist with you via Dropbox (hopefully we are allowed to do that on this site).

RIP Adam
yes please send to my dropbox....ok well first tell me what info you need my friend just set it up for me and I am technology challenged.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:49 PM

First I would like to send my condolences to his family, parents and members of the Beastie Boys. May Adam rest in peace. He is in a better place now.
For his loving wife and daughter....nothing anyone can say or do will fill the void left in your hearts, but rejoice in knowing that he is in the heavens watching down on all of us and that one day you will be reunited.
Time heals all wounds but never forget what a wonderful person Adam was. It saddens me to think the last time they were in Austin that that would be the last time I saw the group preform. They were always the best live show that I had and ever will see.
Adam you will be missed always.
I can not remember a time since the 80's that I did not listen to them. Nothing will stop that ever. To my dieing day I will always hold a special place in my heart for the BEASTIE BOYS. Even now, I still can not believe he is gone. Rest in peace my brother.

Your loving fan always, from Austin Texas
Aimlessly

Last edited by aimlessly : 05-05-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:49 PM
You hear that fkn brass?

Watching pranked on MTV and they had an MTV news update about him.

It's called GRATITUDE
& That's RIGHT.

(R.I.P Adam Yauch.)

is a planted seed.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:54 PM
Super Villain

I read that Adam went to the hospital the day of the Hall of Fame ceremony, and reading the obituary, that his family was all with him when he passed. It's so very sad. But its beautiful that they were there with him. I've been listening to them all day, but that's nothing different, I listen to them every day. They were my favorite group of all time. Still have License on vinyl, that was the first album I bought when I was 13 in 1986. I'm sorry that I only got to see them live once, at Nassau Coliseum in 2004.
It just is still so unbelievable...

I feel selfish saying my life won't be the same, that's how much I love the B-Boys.

If there is some kind of afterlife, I hope Yauch is having fun. If there isn't, at least he is free from pain.
Typing this is the first time i am tearing up about this. I guess it's finally hitting.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:54 PM
NYC Brouhaha Division

7 minutes left on the R&R HOF show. they ought to be airing the tribute section pretty soon. but they still have to induct RHCP.

edit: it goes one more half hour

Last edited by YoungRemy : 05-05-2012 at 09:00 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:04 PM

They already did the tribute section and Yauch wasn't there.

We Love You MCA!

Old 05-05-2012, 09:12 PM

First off, I want to thank this wonderful community. I have been dying in my skin for the past 1 1/2 days, sort of out on an island because I'm really the only person I know in real life that loved the Beastie Boys as much as I did. Reading through this thread though, it's made me feel a bit more connected to my brothers and sisters who are out there on this same, terrible journey with me. And for that I wish to say -- I don't know you, but for your testimonies I love you all very much.

Second (and most important of all I say here), I wish to express condolences to MCA's family, Mike D, Adrock, all of MCA's friends and his fans. Your loss is certainly almost too tough to bear -- but know that me and all of the Beastie community walk this road with you. To Mike D and Adrock -- if you were to do any kind of fund raising for cancer awareness, or perhaps some sort of musical event as a send-off for MCA and a charitable event to support the causes he held dear... I would be supportive, either by presence, by donation or other means.

MCA taught me many things, he taught me how to appreciate hip hop and when he brought social consciousness to the group, he taught me how diverse of a message music can carry. MCA elevated my level of thought by listening to those amazing flows and encouraged me to care about things that weren't inside my tiny bubble. Being a fan of the Boys was an honor, for being a fan, at least to me, meant also being passionate about groove... about hip hop... and being honorable. Knowing that MCA was absolutely on the quest for harmony, truth and enlightenment, it pushed me in that same direction. And now that I'm 35 and smart enough to understand what it was that was pulling on me when I was just 17 and listening to "The Update", among other tracks... I'm grateful for the role that he played in shaping the man that I am today.

It's up to us now, gang. Consider yesterday's events graduation. Adam once said, "I think every person has the ability to affect change... Every one of us effects the world through our actions... through our thoughts, through our every word, the way that we interact with people we're constantly affecting the world." If we all REALLY wanted to pay tribute to MCA, then we've gotta take his example and practice those principles in our daily lives. And that is in the end what I hope MCA's legacy is really known for, that because of his actions he encouraged a mass of people to push forward, and keep his dreams alive.

RIP... Rap in paradise... Mister Adam "MCA" Yauch.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Stone View Post
I feel selfish saying my life won't be the same, that's how much I love the B-Boys.

I feel the same way. It's still hurting. A few minutes ago I was think about looking forward to feeling better about this situation. Then I realized that they have been a huge part of my life since I was 11...I'm now 36. I don't think I will get over this totally. I'll just try to make the best of the situation. Part of the allure of the Boys that they were such awesome people. My goal now is to try to be the best person I can be, and Yauch's influence will help me do that.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
They already did the tribute section and Yauch wasn't there.
Because he was still alive when the show was filmed.

I think they're supposed to just put up a card at the end of the telecast tonight, dedicating the show to him?
Old 05-05-2012, 09:26 PM
NYC Brouhaha Division

I was referring to the edited change in the telecast that HBO announced.

they used a photo from what looked like the Hip Hop Honors era photo shoot with "In Memoriam- Adam Yauch" on the closing credits

it was subtle and simple.

Old 05-05-2012, 09:33 PM

SNL's on now in the East Coast. I'm still wondering if they'll reference the Beasties.

We Love You MCA!

Old 05-05-2012, 10:09 PM
Registered Snoozer

Rest in peace, Mr. Yauch. Lots of respect for what you said and did in your time here.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:17 PM

Old 05-05-2012, 10:24 PM

EVERY Beastie Boys video on YouTube is getting tons of hits and comments now. And I mean EVERY. Even rarely seen videos and interviews.

I actually found a rare video, in fact: Yauch plays basketball and promotes Gunnin' For That #1 Spot in 2008: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=spKML2DdHfg

We Love You MCA!

Last edited by M.C. Guevera : 05-05-2012 at 10:30 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:30 PM
Super Villain

Quote:
EVERY Beastie Boys video on YouTube is getting tons of hits and comments now. And I mean EVERY. Even rarely seen videos and interviews.

I actually found a rare video, in fact: Yauch plays basketball in 2008: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=spKML2DdHfg
Coincidence, I had JUST linked to that video on my Facebook...
Old 05-05-2012, 10:50 PM
MCA 1964 - 2012

I remember when I first watched this video and was shocked but hopeful

you could see MCA taking it lightly and then adrock says "It's not funny" and you can see how serious he feels - but then they lighten up again - that's who they are serious and silly in one sentence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=u7CH3M7cECI#!

kickin' in the tears again

Just because you have one doesn't mean you have to be one

Old 05-05-2012, 11:20 PM

Quote:
i couldnt get on this site on the 4th, so youtube, twitter, and facebook all i had...luckily i found some fans...

Old 05-05-2012, 11:21 PM

Yep, even SNL did something. They showed a brief clip of the Beasties performing "Sure Shot" in 1994 and then showed a screencap of Yauch from the performance with "ADAM YAUCH" written underneath it on a black screen in total silence. Then fade to black. This was right after Weekend Update ended.

We Love You MCA!

Old 05-05-2012, 11:29 PM
You hear that fkn brass?

Quote:
Yep, even SNL did something. They showed a brief clip of the Beasties performing "Sure Shot" in 1994 and then showed a screencap of Yauch from the performance with "ADAM YAUCH" written underneath it on a black screen in total silence. Then fade to black. This was right after Weekend Update ended.
I turned off SNL when rhianna came on assuming at that point they weren't gonna show something so I perfectly missed it >

It's called GRATITUDE
& That's RIGHT.

(R.I.P Adam Yauch.)

is a planted seed.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:57 PM
Beasties#2fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser soze View Post
kickin' in the tears again
You're not alone... I really should not have watched that video again......

Yauch was so apologetic about disrupting people's plans to attend shows... I'd like to think he planned his death so most of of us could have the weekend to deal with it. I know that sounds crass, but I know if he had the choice he would have done that.. I've been here like a lump since I got home from work Friday and I don't plan on thinking about life until Monday when I HAVE to go to work, and Adam will still be on my mind....

tl;dr Yauch, looking out for us til' the very end.

www.Beastiemixes.com
Beastie Boys Remix Hosting/Downloads, Rare Tracks. blah, Blah, etc...
---------------------------
www.Beastieboyslive.com
Live Show Downloads

Old 05-06-2012, 12:01 AM
Current Member

Attack the week though. Try.

Shout at the Devil!