Old 02-24-2019, 02:41 AM
Music est. 1986

Default Beastie Boys NYC Tour Map

So inspired by the Book and the Oscilloscope Tour thread I created an NYC Tour Map

It includes all the spots listed on the Map in the back of the book, plus various other important spots including restaurants, landmarks, streets referenced in albums and songs.

I would like to have each pin be interactive with photos, sound bytes and stories. Kind of what I did with the Chung King House of Metal spot which includes a photo and a little snip of the audiobook mixed in with samples:

https://soundcloud.com/emceecarter/s...-notes/s-JeIgp
This way you can walk around NYC with your headphones on and give yourself a self-guided tour.

I've also included Spotify playlists and links to songs. When you click on the Danceteria pin you can click on the link for the Danceteria playlist. On the Rhana Harris pin, there is a link to Kiss Me Deadly by Generation X.

Which brings up another thing, would anyone be interested in meeting up for MCA day this year and doing another walking tour like they did back in 2012? I wouldn't have a problem leading it, but it would be cool if a local could help me out and maybe co-lead it.
If that works out well, it would be awesome if a local New Yorker would be interested in running a Beastie Boys NYC tour regularly, say like once a month? If you live there and are interested in the idea PM me and I can put you in touch with some companies that can help you out.

Speaking of help, if anyone wants to help me out on this Beastie Boys Map project, let me know and I will open the editing options for you.
I think a few of the locations might be off and it could use some editing.

ps, if anyone is an app developer and graphic artists, it would be cool to make the google map into a cleaner looking polished product.

Last edited by brooklyndust : 02-24-2019 at 03:05 AM.
Old 02-24-2019, 11:27 AM
crazy sniffable

Default Re: Beastie Boys NYC Tour Map

stranded in nyc right now. sitting on my ass at this very moment wondering wtf im gonna do today, with my one day off of work.

thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

it's just 2 wheels and me, the wind in eyes...

Old 02-24-2019, 02:49 PM
Music est. 1986

Let me know how it works! I will open up the editing options for you so you can tweak and fine tune things that might not sync up.
Old 02-24-2019, 03:34 PM
NYC Brouhaha Division

I made this thread/map many years ago based on the mural tributes in NYC that were up at the time, many of them no longer, but it’s a nice little adventure through lower Manhattan and Brooklyn that can be extended to include many other side trips including Yauch Park in Brooklyn Heights amd many more locations in and around Brooklyn.

http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=98213

keep up the good work.

This makes me think I’ll do the same thing for LA one of these days, a formal version of the informal tour that I like to show my friends when they visit.

Long Burn The Fire. Rest In Peace Adam.

Old 02-24-2019, 04:34 PM
Music est. 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungRemy View Post
I made this thread/map many years ago based on the mural tributes in NYC that were up at the time, many of them no longer, but it’s a nice little adventure through lower Manhattan and Brooklyn that can be extended to include many other side trips including Yauch Park in Brooklyn Heights amd many more locations in and around Brooklyn.

http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=98213

keep up the good work.

This makes me think I’ll do the same thing for LA one of these days, a formal version of the informal tour that I like to show my friends when they visit.
Awesome, do you know or anyone who is reading this does, which, if any of those murals still exist and want to add them to the map?

An LA tour would be amazing (especially, Atwater Village, Gson, glendale blvd)
maybe part of the proceeds can towards homelessness.
I know some people who run tours there too, that I can get you in touch with.