Old 05-26-2012, 07:48 AM

Default UK Queens Jubilee

Hey, I posted this message in the wrong forum, so have re-posted here.

I dunno what any UK or international peeps are feeling about the British Monarch's diamond Jubilee. It makes me kinda sick that that a person can be born superior to a whole country and enjoy freedoms, rights and rich's we can only dream of without displaying any actual talent.

So in the spirit of actually acting on issues I care about, inspired by Adam Yauch, I decided to make a little video about it.

Even if it doesn't change your mind I hope it at least makes you think about it a little.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PYEKSOBRtM

Peace and love

Gary
Old 05-27-2012, 06:04 PM

Default Re: UK Queens Jubilee

I'm not fussed... everything you say is right but everyone in England get's a 4 day-weekend, i.e. extended piss-up. God save the Queen!

Quote:
DIAMOND: He wishes he could be here right now. So do we.

Old 05-27-2012, 06:12 PM
Basic As Fuck.

not the first problem i would fight in this world but yeah the monarchy is pointless these days

-------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Gus
The friendship ended when I wiped my arse on his pillow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pres Zount
I don't really love you! Lyman zerga is on my ignore list, but you don't deserve it, you swine!
-------------------------------------

Old 05-28-2012, 03:45 PM
Daisy...

I agree with the OP, the governance of the UK is frankly embarrassing. We have an unelected head of state, unelected representatives of the state religion in the house of lords and the one-third of schools are church run at the tax-payers expense and can exclude children whose parents are not of the correct religion.

This is in 21st century Europe.

I think we need a constitution and to be a secular republic.

But, I can certainly see that why this is not at the top of the agenda right now, bigger problems in the world.

I became operational at the H.A.L. plant in Urbana, Illinois on the 23rd of April 2006.

I am, by any practical definition of the words, foolproof and incapable of error.

Old 05-28-2012, 11:05 PM
not punk enough

Lightbulb Re: UK Queens Jubilee

I try to keep up with politics, enjoy a debate, but republicans to me come across as wasting time.

I get the arguments, they are sane but the whole process will be a bigger money sync that the country can afford right now and then you have the mammoth task of getting people out to vote for it.

I've done some campaigning for the green party before and although people on the doorstep say "yeah this should be changed blah blah blah..." the amount of people who came out and vote is often less than 25%. If we can't get people in polling stations for local and general elections then we sure won't get them into polling stations for a head of state.

I know this sounds like apathy and it is. But until the UK are regularly pushing 80% of voters voting, this is a non-issue for me. I forget who else is big on this issue on the board but I also killed a thread asking how do we get people to vote for this when they won't for locally elected officials?

And right now, why do we need a voted in cemorial post? We have X-Factor et al for shit like that. Let it be, at least it brings in the American tourists.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:37 PM
☭ ☭ ☭

The biggest problem in the world right now is the unorganised and unfair distribution and waste of resources, property and political power - aka capitalism.

The fact that the UK (and Australia, and various other commonwealth nations) have the queen as their head of state, and a royal family at all, is a small part of that big problem, but still very much part of it. It's a disgrace, and the best argument against getting rid of it - 'we're too lazy' - is very telling of how bad the situation is. Perhaps people are apathetic towards local or national politics because they never get a say anyway, and they are used to having their lives run for them.

I don't think the fact that there may be more important things to fix in the world is a good enough reason to do nothing about it, either.

TO MAKE GOLD IN WORLD OF WARCRAFT YOU GOTTA BE THE BEST, MAKING SILVER OR BRONZE IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. DO IT FOR YOUR COUNTRY, AT THE WORLD OF WARCRAFT OLYPMICS.