Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2007, 04:31 PM
Devil's Advocate

Default The new puppy thread....

So it looks like we might be getting a new puppy in about a month. we already have a dog who is 10 years old but very young at heart. and i have to say deciding to get a new puppy is about on par with deciding to have kids (or have another kid)
  1. we need to puppy proof our home
  2. are we ready to get up in the middle of the night to take it wee? (and other potty training issues)
  3. How will our other dog adjust? (scientists say an adult dog has the menality of a human two year old in terms of words it understands and need for attention, etc.)

this will be like having a second child for us. We will have to balance our attention so that our current dog doesn't feel left out and unloved. It's going to be alot of work and I'll likely have to get up earlier than I like to for a while, but it should be worth it for all the puppy kisses I should get

we have quite a few parents on the board, but how many of us are animal parents? This is certainly a thread for those of us with furry children. (of course you may have both furry children and regular children too.)

anyone got any helpful tips for me? I'm an expereinced dog owner, but I'm open to suggestions. Espcially if you've had expereince with the old dog/new puppy dynamic.

Cookiepuss

('vajina')

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Padster View Post

Remember, women are more than just a pair of tits and you have to capture the mind before you can take that ass hostage.

Last edited by cookiepuss : 10-22-2007 at 04:36 PM.