Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Beastie Boys > General Beastie Boys Discussion

Old 05-16-2019, 05:01 PM

Default Re: Why have'nt they released HSCPT1 yet?

the difference between part one and two is the mixing and sequencing. and a song or two. that’s it. og mix vs zdar mix.
Old 05-17-2019, 12:01 AM

Why has'nt anyone asked them directly about the HSC other part and if its ever gonna released, recently on the book tours?
There has been enough interviews, just the same tired questions about how they started off as a punk band and how new york used be back in the day

"I don't wanna go to a health farm,I just wanna have a good time"

Old 05-17-2019, 05:59 AM
Never-Nude

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm0ney View Post
I've always been of the opinion that Hot Sauce Committee Part 1 was a joke. I don't think they ever had more than one full album worth of tracks to release, and that it was no different than their "we recorded Hello Nasty in a submarine" shtick. I wouldn't get my hopes up of ever hearing an album's worth of unheard material from this era.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micodin View Post
the difference between part one and two is the mixing and sequencing. and a song or two. that’s it. og mix vs zdar mix.
I agree with both of you, but I do think that the HSC era did result in music that I don't think we've heard yet. Like people have said, I'm sure the OG mix will leak someday, which would have been the original HSCP1. Then if they wanted to release other stuff they worked on during that time they could call it HSCP1...but who knows. And who knows if it's really "completed" tracks. I personally don't mind, I'd love to hear anything from this time.

The proof is in the puddin'

Old 05-17-2019, 09:09 AM

Arrow Re: Why have'nt they released HSCPT1 yet?

I always suspected the same as Pm0ney. The whole story about it being Pt2 was crazy sounding and, based on everything (I think) I know about the band, the Pt2 thing was just an inside joke about them re-doing the album with Zdar and they ran with that joke.

I also don't know why they'd release the pre-Zdar mix. They obviously felt it was lacking.

I'd think its more likely that they release tracks they made after Hot Sauce was put out.
Old 05-17-2019, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir SkratchaLot View Post
I always suspected the same as Pm0ney. The whole story about it being Pt2 was crazy sounding and, based on everything (I think) I know about the band, the Pt2 thing was just an inside joke about them re-doing the album with Zdar and they ran with that joke.

I also don't know why they'd release the pre-Zdar mix. They obviously felt it was lacking.

I'd think its more likely that they release tracks they made after Hot Sauce was put out.
They said the pre - zdar mix sounded "MUDDY" after re-listening to it after time had passed

Old 05-17-2019, 03:18 PM
crazy sniffable

the original TMR and Lee Majors that came out (singles?) were pre-Zdar mixes, and they were most definitely muddy. i noticed right away, and thanked my lucky stars when they opted to bring in a pro to re-mix, as they had mixed the original themselves.

it's just 2 wheels and me, the wind in eyes...

Old 05-17-2019, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother McDuff View Post
the original TMR and Lee Majors that came out (singles?) were pre-Zdar mixes, and they were most definitely muddy. i noticed right away, and thanked my lucky stars when they opted to bring in a pro to re-mix, as they had mixed the original themselves.
Try as I might, I've consistently sucked at understanding sound reinforcement. Can someone explain at a 5th grade level why a song would sound "muddy" if some person mixes it, but then nice and clean if someone else remixes it?

I totally agree that the pre-Zdar mixes sound muddy, but.... why? The band plays the music, it goes onto a tape (or onto a hard drive these days), and then they can mix it. Why can't they just follow some standard operating guide for making music not sound like it's played through a gym sock? It is just they don't have the ear for it, but when they hear it done well they're like "Oh shit, that does sound a lot better."?
Old 05-18-2019, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother McDuff View Post
Oddly enough l couldnt tell difference between the two versions of lee majors and l definatly prefer the video mix of two many rappers, even though the downloaded version l bought off amazon at the time was shit, l always thought it was amazons fault because it was the first and last download l ever bought, lm a CD man.

Old 05-18-2019, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir SkratchaLot View Post

I was thinking more along the lines that the album was completed and they were already doing press and sending advance copies to DJs for remixes, before it was delayed. So it wasn't like they thought the mixes were unworthy, More so they just decided to tweak things along with the album cover, track listing, title, and whatever else. Even if they never decide to release them as part of a commercial project, those advance copies are still out there somewhere, and eventually they'll surface.
Old 05-18-2019, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatlove06 View Post
I was thinking more along the lines that the album was completed and they were already doing press and sending advance copies to DJs for remixes, before it was delayed. So it wasn't like they thought the mixes were unworthy, More so they just decided to tweak things along with the album cover, track listing, title, and whatever else. Even if they never decide to release them as part of a commercial project, those advance copies are still out there somewhere, and eventually they'll surface.
agree completely. they’re out there.

i personally want to hear them because imo the pre-Zdar Part One mixes sound a lot closer to the CYH, IC, HN, Mario C vibes. my fav Beastie eras. The Zdar mixes are a little too slick and modern for my liking. they sound like remixes to me.
Old 05-18-2019, 09:40 AM

Quote:
i personally want to hear them because imo the pre-Zdar Part One mixes sound a lot closer to the CYH, IC, HN, Mario C vibes. my fav Beastie eras. The Zdar mixes are a little too slick and modern for my liking. they sound like remixes to me.
That is where my head is. Which versions are better is a matter of preference like Dave790 says. My thing is that I want to hear all of it. We'd all shit ourselves if we got a studio version of Desperado. I know it is not a fair comparison in terms of different versions of songs vs unreleased songs, but the original HSCP1 to me is like a demo. It is a demo that I want to have the same way some of us take the time to compare different pressing of clean versions of Get It Together to spot differences. That's just me though. Not a matter of quality, just a matter of perspective (and love for the band).
Old 05-19-2019, 10:58 AM
Up in your Crawlspace

Quote:
agree completely. they’re out there.

They allowed people to hear the original. Here is a review from the time.

http://drownedinsound.com/in_depth/4...committee-pt-1

I loved that cover. I was SO disappointed with the new cover when Part 2 was released.

Keep it on