Old 01-13-2021, 02:38 PM
there it is

Default religion for dummies

Not to be crazy religious guy but so many ppl can't interpret what's written and not that i know it all, but i'll write about what i do know...
Jesus did not die so you could sin, as so many tend to want to think.
He died because He was murdered.. which is a sin.
If He lived, it would have been peace on earth and good will towards men.
However, we went straight into the dark ages.
The cross is a satanic symbol.
Oh and it was not Jesus who came out 3 days later. It was satan controlling the flesh. Jesus's spirit went up 'and the heavens were rent..".. which was witnessed and written.
Each side has a god of war, but God is really about love and peace.
Jesus will not be returning to war for anyone.
Hitler's Christianized army was backed by the vatican.. go figure.
If christians don't have someone to war with, they'll fight amongst themselves. The lords prayer is a prayer to satan, not God.. God does not tempt, nor can He be tempted.. as the prayer goes.. think about it. Oh and it's interesting to watch amenstop productions.. and what amen really means.. of course as long as you mean well when saying it... it's about holiness of spirit.. that's how we become closer to God in his image.
just some thoughts about shit.

emckannon.wix.com/mc-kannon

Last edited by ericg : 01-13-2021 at 06:28 PM. Reason: 'take that ... rewind it back'
Old 01-16-2021, 05:37 PM
just here for the .gifs

Default Re: religion for dummies

That’s an interesting interpretation.
Are there books or writing that expand in these ideas?

I never understood people using forgiveness from Jesus as an excuse to sin. I think I was taught to try to live without sin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebasser View Post
So wait, this guy is driving around in his jeep with his cat and his television in the back and he's got his favourite music blaring away and... I think I've missed the point.

Old 01-20-2021, 10:50 AM
there it is

my dad, rick or rector, appropriately named, has read the bible more than once and through his teaching i've picked up this and that along the way. still, the bible is freaking greek to me to be honest. i learn better through other ways. my dad should have his own am station. anyway, he's far from knowing everything and is definitely not perfect but he'll make ya think about things you've never thought about before like it's just inherent common sense. a lot of soldiers have keen religious beliefs. my dad retired a major, with two tours in vietnam flying helicopters and would've been colonel... if he stayed but retired at 20.. because he had enough of the killing and corruption. he's written pages and pages of intel to the government about strategy and so much in so many areas but so far it's fallen on def ears.. seemingly. actually in one instance he took his case to the supreme court but it died 5 to 4.. which would've been in his favor if one of the justices hadn't been blackmailed. i won't go into much here but it's a small world after all.

Old 12-04-2021, 12:38 AM
user

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericg View Post
Not to be crazy religious guy but so many ppl can't interpret what's written and not that i know it all, but i'll write about what i do know...
Jesus did not die so you could sin, as so many tend to want to think.
He died because He was murdered.. which is a sin.
If He lived, it would have been peace on earth and good will towards men.
However, we went straight into the dark ages.
The cross is a satanic symbol.
Oh and it was not Jesus who came out 3 days later. It was satan controlling the flesh. Jesus's spirit went up 'and the heavens were rent..".. which was witnessed and written.
Each side has a god of war, but God is really about love and peace.
Hitler's Christianized army was backed by the vatican.. go figure.
If christians don't have someone to war with, they'll fight amongst themselves. The lords prayer is a prayer to satan, not God.. God does not tempt, nor can He be tempted.. as the prayer goes.. think about it. Oh and it's interesting to watch amenstop productions.. and what amen really means.. of course as long as you mean well when saying it... it's about holiness of spirit.. that's how we become closer to God in his image.
just some thoughts about shit.
The Bible is Greek to you because a person can read it til the cows come home but if they don't have the Spirit of Christ dwelling in them, they will never understand it:

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the person without the Spirit does not receive what comes from God’s Spirit, because it is foolishness to him; he is not able to understand it since it is evaluated spiritually.

Jesus died to destroy the works of the devil. What are the works of the devil? Sin. What is sin? Transgression of God's law. We are slaves to sin until we repent and believe the Gospel, and only then can we receive the gift of the Holy Spirit, which gives us power over sin.

Jesus said we must be born again to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. What does this mean? We must die and be born again. The Bible says Jesus, by His death on the cross, made a spectacle of Satan and his camp to all of heaven and earth. But the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing. You call it sin, yet you have no idea what He actually did for you that day. The day of the greatest victory this world has ever seen!

Please seek the Lord while He may be found. Satan, Lucifer, is the "god of this world" for a time, given power by the One True Living God Almighty. Don't be deceived. He deceived one third of the angels, who served God. The Bible says he deceives the whole world in the end. I know the Lord. He is loving, but He is to be feared. You know deep down you have it wrong. Repent and turn from your sin, and turn back to the Lover of your soul.
Old 12-04-2021, 01:14 AM
user

I feel led to explain something. By one man's sin (Adam) many were made sinners. God created man in His image and likeness, and sin marred that image, and each generation after Adam was born in sin, with a nature that desires it. Jesus. Who was God in the flesh, as a sinless man, took on our marred nature on the cross, and crucified it. He now offers us HIS image in exchange for our old crucified image. If we believe by faith that we have been crucified with Him, we can then believe that we shall he raised from the dead into New Life with Him.

We are all born spiritually dead. The walking dead, literally. We must be born again spiritually, where our spirit is quickened and brought to life, in Christ Jesus. This is so serious, I hope the message reaches someone.
Old 01-16-2022, 05:15 PM
there it is

and i thought i was crazy

Old 01-21-2022, 11:19 AM
user

Quote:
and i thought i was crazy
Not crazy, just not deceived

2 Corinthians 4:3-4
[3]If the Gospel we preach is hidden behind a veil, it is hidden only from people who are perishing.
[4]Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don’t understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.
Old 01-31-2022, 07:55 AM
technically insane

I love studying the Words of Jesus. Since birth, I have always attended places that studied the Bible and other Jesus related history. Personally, I became most interested in making sure what I was saying was correct. I recall countless times saying what I thought the Bible said, then going back and reading it for myself and realizing I was not correct/smart. During my study quest I did talk with several people and asked a lot of questions, so I did rely on other people for information. To this day, odds are I am wrong, and you should figure it out for yourself. Personally I like the ESV Study Bible, but I will tell you my faith on certain points is weak.
SO here is a little exam I made to test my personal growth with Jesus. I plan on taking this test then checking my answers just so I can see how I am doing.
Check all answers that apply.

Jesus said the following:
A: Call yourself a Christian
B: Join a group and apply a label, only the correct label wins
C: Look for common ground
D: Love your neighbor, (refer to story of good Samaritan)

When reading the Words of and about Jesus, one should:
A: Take every word and apply it to every person and do not consider who Jesus was delivering the message to.
B: Take every word 100% literal, especially when Jesus is speaking in parables.
C: Make sure you believe what other people told you Jesus said.
D: Let other people tell you what the Words mean.

When finding study material on the words of Jesus
A: Make sure you only study the correctly labeled Bible as supplied by the correctly labeled organization.
B: Consider all historical evidence.

Church is
A: A building
B: Not a building
C: Any place 2 or more gather to Celebrate God.
God is for:
A: Select group
B: Everybody
C: You alone

earl@fuckyoumyman.com

Old 02-12-2022, 12:59 AM
user

Matthew 13:3-23
[3]He told many stories in the form of parables, such as this one:“Listen! A farmer went out to plant some seeds.
[4]As he scattered them across his field, some seeds fell on a footpath, and the birds came and ate them.
[5]Other seeds fell on shallow soil with underlying rock. The seeds sprouted quickly because the soil was shallow.
[6]But the plants soon wilted under the hot sun, and since they didn’t have deep roots, they died.
[7]Other seeds fell among thorns that grew up and choked out the tender plants.
[8]Still other seeds fell on fertile soil, and they produced a crop that was thirty, sixty, and even a hundred times as much as had been planted!
[9]Anyone with ears to hear should listen and understand.”
[10]His disciples came and asked him, “Why do you use parables when you talk to the people?”
[11]He replied, “You are permitted to understand the secrets of the Kingdom of Heaven, but others are not.
[12]To those who listen to my teaching, more understanding will be given, and they will have an abundance of knowledge. But for those who are not listening, even what little understanding they have will be taken away from them.
[13]That is why I use these parables,
For they look, but they don’t really see.
*** They hear, but they don’t really listen or understand.
[14]This fulfills the prophecy of Isaiah that says,
‘When you hear what I say,
*** you will not understand.
When you see what I do,
*** you will not comprehend.
[15]For the hearts of these people are hardened,
*** and their ears cannot hear,
and they have closed their eyes—
*** so their eyes cannot see,
and their ears cannot hear,
*** and their hearts cannot understand,
and they cannot turn to me
*** and let me heal them.’
[16]“But blessed are your eyes, because they see; and your ears, because they hear.
[17]I tell you the truth, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see, but they didn’t see it. And they longed to hear what you hear, but they didn’t hear it.
[18]“Now listen to the explanation of the parable about the farmer planting seeds:
[19]The seed that fell on the footpath represents those who hear the message about the Kingdom and don’t understand it. Then the evil one comes and snatches away the seed that was planted in their hearts.
[20]The seed on the rocky soil represents those who hear the message and immediately receive it with joy.
[21]But since they don’t have deep roots, they don’t last long. They fall away as soon as they have problems or are persecuted for believing God’s word.
[22]The seed that fell among the thorns represents those who hear God’s word, but all too quickly the message is crowded out by the worries of this life and the lure of wealth, so no fruit is produced.
[23]The seed that fell on good soil represents those who truly hear and understand God’s word and produce a harvest of thirty, sixty, or even a hundred times as much as had been planted!”
Old 02-28-2022, 01:38 AM
Jay

Quote:
Oh and it was not Jesus who came out 3 days later. It was satan controlling the flesh.

No. This is false. I don't know who or what convinced you of this, but re-read scripture and don't trust the claims of man. Not even your own radical assumptions. Trust the Word of God as the Word of God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Guy View Post
This is a quote.

Old 03-12-2022, 11:26 AM
technically insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjacobson16 View Post
No. This is false. I don't know who or what convinced you of this, but re-read scripture and don't trust the claims of man. Not even your own radical assumptions. Trust the Word of God as the Word of God.

and for those without faith, like doubting Thomas I believe there will be an explanation.

earl@fuckyoumyman.com