Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Beastie Boys > Frequent Post Archive

Old 07-29-2004, 06:45 PM

Default Why I dislike the new album

Well I was listening to music on my ipod in my car and one of the new beastie's tracks came on, I changed the track immediately and realized why I dislike the new album. I like "check it out" and one other track that was released before the album, I forget it's name, but as for the rest of the album I can't stand it.

The boys have insane rhyming skills, but what I can't stand is them trying to be touchier and preachy. It just doesn't fit, the boys are close to 40, all gray haired, and looking like chemo victims. This tough guy attitude might work for younger, new audiences but I can't stand it.
Old 07-29-2004, 06:47 PM
geTTin RoPe YaLL!

Default Re: Why I dislike the new album

"If you don't like the news then press eject "
Old 07-29-2004, 07:14 PM
crazy sniffable

I'd rather hear them preach about politics than hear you preach about your lame opinion.

But that's just me.

it's just 2 wheels and me, the wind in eyes...

Old 07-29-2004, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother McDuff
I'd rather hear them preach about politics than hear you preach about your lame opinion.

But that's just me.
wow build a bridge and get over it

It is my opinion and I'm sure others share it too.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:19 PM
Still rockin!

How many threads is this now, from someone bitching about the boys being 'preachy' or for having political lyrics? And again, from someone who signed up specifically to bitch about it...

Last edited by sea_dragon : 07-29-2004 at 07:29 PM.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea_dragon
How many threads is this now, from someone bitching about the boys being 'preachy' or for having political lyrics? And again, from someone who signed up specifically to bitch about it...
Nicely Put!

She's got a gold tooth, you know she's hardcore. She'll show you a good time than she'll show you the door.

Old 07-29-2004, 07:56 PM
Fighter of Foo

That's why this is a perfect thread to move to the Frequent Post Archive!

wOOt!

Old 07-29-2004, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea_dragon
I'm sorry sea dragon that you don't like my point of view, why don't not complain about me complaing and actually understand what I wrote
Old 07-29-2004, 08:12 PM
Innocent Bystander

Admittedly, after the very first listen I felt a little let down for some reason. However, it has since grown on me big time as I realize the importance of their message and also their Inexhaustible tallent for innovation and humour.

Musically, they have minimalized the sound to the bare essence of early 80s hip hop drum machine driven beats, amalgamating snippets of their previous albums as well. Lyrically, they have matured just enough I thought, some songs can appear to be border-line preachy however, never cross that line, seemingly just enought to bite the ignorant and brainwashed on their arses.

Two thumbs up from me as I await their next release, which I think will not take as long this time round.

MD

Atleast I know Russell Crowe's band's a fuckin pile of shit.

Old 07-29-2004, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaestroDenis
Admittedly, after the very first listen I felt a little let down for some reason. However, it has since grown on me big time as I realize the importance of their message and also their Inexhaustible tallent for innovation and humour.

Musically, they have minimalized the sound to the bare essence of early 80s hip hop drum machine driven beats, amalgamating snippets of their previous albums as well. Lyrically, they have matured just enough I thought, some songs can appear to be border-line preachy however, never cross that line, seemingly just enought to bite the ignorant and brainwashed on their arses.

Two thumbs up from me as I await their next release, which I think will not take as long this time round.

MD
The problem is that they are not innovative enough, their music and skills aren't growing with them, intergalactic was an incredibly innovative album, it's just like the beasties to give us something we don't expect.
Old 07-30-2004, 03:10 AM
loves people

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcurtains
intergalactic was an incredibly innovative album
You can say that again. Everybody always votes for Intergalactic every time we have one of those Favorite BBs' album threads.

Gotta spread love before the world goes [cookoo]

Read, Black & Green
-green.earth.al

My Rap Name is Alex

Old 07-30-2004, 04:11 AM
Grand Master OG Member

And if you dont like it then hey FUCK YOU.

can we say R-E-D-U-N-D-A-N-T

STILL PRAYIN' FOR YAUCH

Old 07-30-2004, 04:23 AM
Shabadoo shabadee

Hi everyone,
Come on, why so much trouble about AN ALBUM?? Don't you get anything else to do?? If you don't like it, the only solution is DON T LISTEN TO IT!! It's not difficult I'm sure you can do it!!
It's too political? Go buy a Steven Seagal CD (I swear I saw this!! Wouaahaha!!!) if it's too clever for you...
You know what? I have a better solution, a radical one:
IF YOU DON T LIKE IT THEN HEY FUCK YOU!!!
Voilààààà....
Peace all over the world
Julie.

P.S: go to the movie to see the new Michael Moore movie Farenheit 9/11 ...
P.P.S: maybe not those who don't like TT5B, it might be too political for them... and everybody knows that politic is stupid and not useful and that we don't have to care about it ... but politicians rule the world for us don't forget that...

J'ai des bonbons pour vous manger

Old 07-30-2004, 07:04 AM

well,they`ve got a new fan in me!
bought my first bb cd last month,and i love it!!now i have to buy the other ones s well!
Old 07-30-2004, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcurtains
The boys have insane rhyming skills, but what I can't stand is them trying to be touchier and preachy. It just doesn't fit, the boys are close to 40, all gray haired, and looking like chemo victims.
Umm...you mean, "chemo patients." These people are generally "cancer victims" I have seen many, not many who look like them.
Old 07-30-2004, 08:52 AM

I'll be honest...i'm a HUGE fan and they could probably produce shit, and I'd still buy it and enjoy it.

Me and a couple friends are still waiting for them to have a show within about a 5-hour radius of us.

.................................................. ........................................

This is a forum, so people are going to bitch about stuff you don't agree with.

Although then again, if you don't LIKE the Beastie Boys, then maybe you should find a different forum.
Old 07-30-2004, 11:33 AM
From Parts Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEarthAl
You can say that again. Everybody always votes for Intergalactic every time we have one of those Favorite BBs' album threads.
Intergalactic?????????? HELLO NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-30-2004, 12:03 PM
insert clever line here

^

He was making fun of the nutcup that called it Intergalactic.

I can't believe I'm even posting on one of these threads .. it goes against my moral fibers!!

You should be ashamed too GEA!!

Quote:
Good evening .... I'm Ron Burgendy?

Old 07-30-2004, 04:46 PM

well I don't mind a message in music if it's done right. Like hello nasty had, but this is so much in your face, it's like they want their way and don't want me to think about other points of view.

The reason I'm pissed is because I've waited so long for some new beastie's and this is what I get....
Old 07-30-2004, 06:54 PM
Professor Booty

Write a freaking poem, emo.

Egg Man's Beastie Boys Remix Site - Real Phat

Old 07-30-2004, 07:02 PM

wow you guys are wannabe hard touch guys, losers.
Old 07-30-2004, 07:08 PM
zonin talkin on the phone

If you are not feeling the beastieboys new cd "to the five burroughs" believe me when i say, i am!

Sending Love From Austin Texas , Forever in my thoughts! Space.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey
totally dude. it was my pleasure. today was so amazing for me, and i love my bbmb fam.

Old 07-30-2004, 07:58 PM
PWR2BEASTIES

I loved TT5B and i´m happy cuz they donn act like 40, they make me laugh with the lyrics and the videos.my father is 40...and he is a good father...but he is not funny, not like the beasties, I cant realize he sayin something like:hey son you better listen stuck in your ass is a electrician...

"Time to count MC's in this place to be
Not five, not four, not two, just THREE!"

Old 08-03-2004, 12:08 AM

I like the album, but not as much as I like their other albums yet. It generally takes me a while to fully realize he genius behind albums. It took me fours years before I was able to appreciate Pink FLoyd, 5 for Sublime, 2 years for Hello Nasty. I think I just have to wait for a point at which I understand Music on some deeper level.
The reason that I am not yet impressed with the album, is also what impresses me about it.
I love the fact that they are taking a pure hip hop approach to this album, it is great to hear them delving head first into hip hop, it gives me a whole new feel for the Beasties. However I miss their instrumentals that not only showed me a new side of the beasties, but also a new side of music, that I hadn't really been exposed to.

Plus the instrumentals were wayyy cooler to listen to while lifted.

Namaste

Old 08-07-2004, 04:45 AM

At first listen of tt5b, I was disappointed, Check it out is a killer track.
I've now listened to the album a good few times and there are only two tracks that I don't like, that's the advantage of a skip button on your deck...

I don't think that this album will ever be my fave B Boy album, but it still has the stuff that makes me want to listen.

Sharp lyrics, Humour and dope beats

I don't care if the guys are 40 or 60 as long as they still rhyme the rhyme well.

Man I'm 31 and I never Thought I 'd use 'Dope' in a sentence
Old 08-07-2004, 01:31 PM
BUDDHA

what track was released before the album came out?

Dip dip dive so-socialize
Open up your ears and clean out your eyes
If you learn to love you're in for a surprise
It could be nice to be alive

Old 08-13-2004, 01:49 PM
Rappin' Cracka'

Exclamation Re: Why I dislike the new album

If you don't like it don't post anything on a Beastie Boy fan website. NO ONE CARES!!!

I'm Benny Mac and I get respect. Clean kicks, bling-bling and the chrome Detroit hat.

Old 08-14-2004, 09:09 PM
-=Tezza-D=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny_salmon
word. it's always awesome when they switch off like that. hence why "paul's boutique" is my favorite. it makes the music that much more fun and attention-catching. the whole formula thing they've got going on is a little weak. however, that's the only thing that bothers me about the album, and it doesn't even bother me that much. i think "to the 5 boroughs" is awesome. i love the political lyrics and the beats...everything is great. except the predictability.
Do you think they don't know what they are doing? like they have done it all befor and they have picked their formula for a reason. You say it's too predictable? comon a song is supposed to build an atmosphere and their delivery has no weak holes init. What they are doing with this formula is makeing songs to the point and dense and no point in the song where there is a lull , it's constant flux within a framework. The only problem I have is with some of the brilliant songs like the bruhaha and crawlsapce and tripple trouble is that I just don't want the song to end. They could of made some 4-5-6 verse songs :P... Next album we will see the full range of their skills and this album will make a whole lot more sense to alot of ppl.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:25 AM
What the bloodclot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriely
I loved TT5B and i´m happy cuz they donn act like 40, they make me laugh with the lyrics and the videos.my father is 40...and he is a good father...but he is not funny, not like the beasties, I cant realize he sayin something like:hey son you better listen stuck in your ass is a electrician...
Really, thats weird, my Dad has been saying that to me for years and he's 52, LOL.

Time and money for girls covered with honey

Old 08-17-2004, 12:25 PM
will turn the party out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Tezza-D=-
Do you think they don't know what they are doing? like they have done it all befor and they have picked their formula for a reason. You say it's too predictable? comon a song is supposed to build an atmosphere and their delivery has no weak holes init. What they are doing with this formula is makeing songs to the point and dense and no point in the song where there is a lull , it's constant flux within a framework. The only problem I have is with some of the brilliant songs like the bruhaha and crawlsapce and tripple trouble is that I just don't want the song to end. They could of made some 4-5-6 verse songs :P... Next album we will see the full range of their skills and this album will make a whole lot more sense to alot of ppl.
what the fuck? this came from another thread i posted in.

anyways, chill pal. if it wasn't for "to the five boroughs" i wouldn't be posting 'cause i didn't know the first thing about the beastie boys before it. since purchasing it, i have purchased all the other albums and know them backwards and forwards. in my opinion, "paul's boutique" is their best cd, and part of why i like it so much is the switch offs they do. after listening to that it took away from "to the five boroughs" a little, 'cause they don't do it very much on that album. but i still love it. i'm not saying it blows or anything.

the girl is crafty like ice is cold!
the girl is crafty - she knows all the moves
i started playing records - she knew all the grooves.