Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Beastie Boys > General Beastie Boys Discussion

Old 07-23-2018, 09:14 PM
crazy sniffable

Default Re: Hello Nasty 20th Anniversary. Favourites?

Delighted you came around on HN, P. Not a perfect record by any stretch, but an impressive exhibition nonetheless, with some high highs.

If we're talking specific breaks, I'd be remiss to not give it up for the harpsichord break in The Move, wherein Mike D is "crazy sniffable". Can't pinpoint the sample off-hand, though it is indeed a needle drop of epic proportions.

it's just 2 wheels and me, the wind in eyes...

Old 07-23-2018, 09:59 PM
Current Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother McDuff View Post
Delighted you came around on HN, P. Not a perfect record by any stretch, but an impressive exhibition nonetheless, with some high highs.

If we're talking specific breaks, I'd be remiss to not give it up for the harpsichord break in The Move, wherein Mike D is "crazy sniffable". Can't pinpoint the sample off-hand, though it is indeed a needle drop of epic proportions.
Yeah I think one of my favourite things about the boys was that perfection was never the objective.

Shout at the Devil!

Old 07-23-2018, 10:23 PM
crazy sniffable

Amen to that. I love a record with warts. A healthy explorative spirit has a tendency to galvanize the whole; the peaks and valleys together paint a larger panoramic.

It reminds me of Sandinista in a way. Song for song it reveals holes, but as a singular entity frames a stimulating window into their self discovery.

And some slammin' headnodders never hurt either

it's just 2 wheels and me, the wind in eyes...

Old 07-24-2018, 10:20 AM

Now that the infomercial is popping back up it reminds me. Did they ever release the 3 MC’s version from it? Or does anyone know why it wasn’t? I’m sure this has come up before, but I’m curious.

Yes Adam yauch was very spiritual yes he raised awareness about the situation in Tibet yea he was a great father , husband and friend but most of all he was a dope MC one of the greatest to ever pick up a mike his voice will be missed- Chris Rock

Old 07-24-2018, 10:51 AM

I thought it was cut because of sample clearences. I have the version of 3MCs with the two samples that were later replaced (The Skinny Boys and Snoop Dogg), and it's titled "uncleared samples version". That could be wrong though - it's just what the file was called when I downloaded it from Napster a million years ago.
Old 07-24-2018, 11:09 AM
Music est. 1986

You can get that version of 3mc's 1DJ and the Can't Stop Won't Stop on the Japanese release (along with MMM pseudo live remix of slow and low) and on the European releases I believe.
Old 07-25-2018, 07:18 PM

Hmmm... I had the European release with the live slow and low. I think I have that on vinyl actually. I guess I never played the rest of the album just the live slow and low.

Yes Adam yauch was very spiritual yes he raised awareness about the situation in Tibet yea he was a great father , husband and friend but most of all he was a dope MC one of the greatest to ever pick up a mike his voice will be missed- Chris Rock

Old 07-26-2018, 06:49 AM

Arrow Re: Hello Nasty 20th Anniversary. Favourites?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyndust View Post
You can get that version of 3mc's 1DJ and the Can't Stop Won't Stop on the Japanese release (along with MMM pseudo live remix of slow and low) and on the European releases I believe.
The Snoop sample is not on any official release. Can't Stop Won't Stop from the Euro and Japanese versions does have the original Flash is on the Beatbox sample though.

I can't believe more people haven't mentioned Shame in Your Game. That might be my favorite track on the whole album.