Old 12-11-2012, 01:44 PM

Default PE made the RnR HOF

"It's a great piece of news for the genre and our intention was to spread the light that our music is as legitimate as any other music," Chuck D said as the group traveled through Wyoming on tour Monday. " ... So this is significant to be alongside Grandmaster Flash and The Furious Five, Run DMC and the Beastie Boys and just to be able to say this accomplishment, we don't think it's solely due to us."

Chuck D

thank you Adam.

Old 12-11-2012, 01:54 PM

Default Re: PE made the RnR HOF

nice.

message board

Old 12-11-2012, 04:03 PM
Mad Child

Amazing and absolutely deserved. One of the best music acts of all time easily. Give me PE over The Rolling Stones any day of the week.

With that said, it's fucking time to get LL Cool J in there. We need an old school Def Jam wing in the HOF. For my money that's the best era in music history.

Thats insane, you're stupid...you should sleep late man, it's just much easier on your constitution.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:29 PM
I'm flowing prose to cons

The Beastie’s exhibit is so small. So is Run-DMC. I know Hip Hop is new to the RRHOF but seriously I hope they expand it. There is so much more they could add!

Anyway on that note, amazing news!!! Congrats PE!

I'll never turn back 'cause that's the way I've got to live.....

https://twitter.com/beastieboysnews

Old 12-11-2012, 06:13 PM
technically insane

Yea Boy...

earl@fuckyoumyman.com

Old 12-11-2012, 07:02 PM
NYC Brouhaha Division

so-signing everyone here.

my opinion is that the 4 year old Grammy Museum is quickly becoming the better showcase for bands like this.

PE already had a retrospective exhibit, and both them and Beastie Boys, featuring the artwork of Cey Adams, was a major part of last year's Hip Hop Legends exhibit.

it is a really cool place and their artifacts seem so much cooler. I've never been to R&R HOF, but I read that this year's induction, for the first time ever, will be at LA Live Center, in the same complex as the Grammy Museum. they should collaborate on something huge.

I also want to see a BBoys exhibit at the Grammy Museum one day. this is where Yauch's decks are currently on display...

Long Burn The Fire. Rest In Peace Adam.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:13 PM
High Plains Drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm0ney View Post

With that said, it's fucking time to get LL Cool J in there. We need an old school Def Jam wing in the HOF. For my money that's the best era in music history.
Yeah, RNRHOF seems reluctant to acknowledge Hip Hop solo artists. LL Cool J and Eric B & Rakim need to be in there. I am sure LL is next, though which would be cool.

"BEASTIE BOYS Will Forever Be 1 of the BIGGEST inspirations 4 me in music & life."
-Busta Rhymes

Old 12-11-2012, 08:16 PM
space cake cookie

Quote:
X-tra Strength Posse
Old 12-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Fair Use

PE is a no-brainer, but N.W.A. didn't get in and that's weak. "I don't drink Brass Monkey, like my beats funky, nickname Eazy-E, yo, 8 Ball junkie."

They're going to need to start inducting a lot more than one hip hop group a year to keep pace.

©MMIX. All rights reserved.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:16 PM

that's dope! people hate on russell, but he managed legends in his hey day.

RUSH ARTIST MANAGEMENT
Old 12-12-2012, 02:56 PM
Mad Child

"so who we Rollin with then?"
"we Rollin wit Russ!"
"ah, Rushtown management."

"so check this out, since we talkin over this def beat right here that l put together I wanna hear some of dem def rhymes, know what Im sayin? And together we can get paid in full."

Thats insane, you're stupid...you should sleep late man, it's just much easier on your constitution.

Old 12-12-2012, 07:30 PM
Rest in Peace Yauch

PE! Bring that beat...y'all wanna hear that beat right?

Thank You Adam Yauch

Old 12-12-2012, 08:41 PM

The museum itself is lame all around. I love museums but I've never liked music in museums (except maybe a Bob Dylan exhibit at that library museum in NYC because it had a lot of odd ball stuff). It's probably a personal thing for me -- museums work better for me when I don't know much about the subject matter. If you know too much you second guess all the choices they make.

But I'm very happy for Public Enemy and Randy Newman. Well deserved. And Chuck D gave a hell of a speech in April. I'm sorry HBO chopped it up so bad.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:58 AM

Quote:
"so who we Rollin with then?"
"we Rollin wit Russ!"
"ah, Rushtown management."

"so check this out, since we talkin over this def beat right here that l put together I wanna hear some of dem def rhymes, know what Im sayin? And together we can get paid in full."
another legend RAKIM...i think he was nominee along with beastie's. i feel most of the rappers who will be in the rock n roll hall of fame have a connection with rick or russ.

p.s. tribe, de la, and epmd were under rush artist management..the roster is just ridiculous!
Old 12-13-2012, 11:07 AM
I'm flowing prose to cons

It is actually a cool place. I mean the exhibits on Elvis, Stevie Nicks, Jimi Hendrix…all of those I loved. They had Hendrix’s clothes on display. He was a tiny guy! And then they had the old 50’s do-wop groups which was pretty cool to have attended last year because they had the surviving members of those old bands come on stage. So I am glad they have it, but they could do a better job with it. Run-DMC has a small space if you even want to call it that. Not even a display wall but a small box positioned inside of a glass table.... Beasties exhibit were a lot bigger though. I will have to go back now to see PE’s.

I'll never turn back 'cause that's the way I've got to live.....

https://twitter.com/beastieboysnews