Old 09-28-2004, 05:55 PM
gimp dressed as a pimp

Default Re: Why I dislike the new album

ive heard the album afew times at college and to tell u the truth i love it

still cant beileve there like 40 tho....... pure greatness

http://www.insomniafm.co.uk/upload/f...flash-triv.gif

Old 10-13-2004, 10:18 PM

Wink Re: Why I dislike the new album

How can you not like it?? Listen up stupid heads, Its all about us...for real...4 u 4u 4u 4u 4u 4u!
As for not attracting women...maybe not 14 yr olds...rolleyes: they just get sexier and sexier

Listen when I tell you Dawg..I'm in your Crawl Space.....

Old 10-21-2004, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triv
ive heard the album afew times at college and to tell u the truth i love it

still cant beileve there like 40 tho....... pure greatness

I'm 35 and suffering from male pattern baldness...we're still young and at least the BB's still have their hair. I look like Clint "Friggin" Howard.

My broker is E.F. Hutton, and E.F. Hutton says...

Old 10-21-2004, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wints
That is deeply disturbing...

why, I'm rather attractive...

My broker is E.F. Hutton, and E.F. Hutton says...

Old 10-31-2005, 01:03 AM
Penetrating skulls

Default I love TT5B

Aside from some cool posts that paint a positive picture of the album, what this thread did for me was force me to consider how lousy the education system- in English-speaking countries, at least- must be. Not because people can't spell or use grammar correctly, but because people from English-speaking countries can't develop or express a coherent thought in their (presumably) first language.

Yo mama don't wear no drawers
I saw her when she took them off
standin' on a welfare line eatin' swine
tryin' to look fine with her stank behind

Old 02-07-2005, 11:23 AM
woo ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeh, im not much into the new album hey they could put a little punk in it also

grunt part1 grunt#1 me have bad feeling about this! grunt#2 you always have bad feeling! you had bad feeling about moring food nipple! grunt part 2 how come there never be arbiter grunt?

Old 05-13-2005, 03:29 AM
B-boy limpin'

i like TTFB alot cause i live in the UK and bought it when i was in manhattan on holiday so all i had was my discman and ttfb and it was ace.

woulda been cool to have a few instrumentals in there, though thinking about it im not sure if it would have blended very well with the rest of the songs.

dont know why. anyway- PEACE!

WEllS
Old 06-16-2005, 08:36 AM

maaaaaaaad MC's kick the government's testicle's
the govnt defly needs a tune up, they just making it clear
they might be gettin old,...but it doesnt show, and MCA's had gray hair since he was like 12 so who cares

the albums exist on some kind of parabola
if this is the last and u only count the basic albums
license to iLL and TT5B....all rappin tracks
paul's boutique and hello nasty, far too complex to ever be appreciated and similar with mass amounts of variation
iLL Comm. and Check your head, 20 tracks each instrumentals and raw funk beats
i dont know but i always noticed this strange pattern

that's fresshhhhhhhh

Old 06-16-2005, 01:50 PM
there it is

Lightbulb Re: Why the new album dislikes you

Thanx lastbb for taking the minute.

I can appreciate it. And who knew you were going to trig out trigonometry...

For those who may not know, I took the liberty of looking it up. A parabola is the curve formed by the edges of a plane when cutting through a right circular cone at an angle parallel to one of it's sides... Or latin for just, placing side by side. In any case it's straight up and flipped it's ready to spin.

It's all just so fantasticly lovely.

"... and so strange But it was empty until you came..."

Ok let's take it from here.

PS Who in the hell is ever going go to figure the new title out? Degeneration X can't even figure out Y. I might as well ask them to figure out the theory of relativity in the meantime, or in realtime, or even in good time.

Last edited by ericg : 06-16-2005 at 03:21 PM.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:37 PM
old crow

i have been a beastie fan for MANY years and i was very disappointed with the new album--- i didnt like the serious and political talk--- and you cant dare say that i am not a fan or i am not maturing with them because the reason we are all still listening and we are all still fans is because we dont want to mature-- we aren't going to throw in the towell like everyone else-- so i say f#*% all the political junk, we want to hear what we have grown up listening to---- dead, pure, off the wall b-boy style--- its the new style ya know
Old 11-11-2005, 08:56 PM
more than meets the eye..

don't be silly,to the 5 boroughs is the best...it's inspired me to visit New York.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:29 PM
1% klepto, 99% MANIAC!

i love this cd!!!

most people prolly just like their old stuff better...i do too, but i most definitely do not hate TT5B

SHAZAM!
Old 05-15-2006, 11:48 AM
www.steve-onpoint.com

Arrow Re: Why I dislike the new album

This gem of an album was originally titled To The Five Burros since some of it was recorded near the Grand Canyon.

Did you know that donkeys can work for as many as 30 years? Look it up!

I wish we were still at camp, goofin' off and listening to Zappa.
Website
Facebook
Twitter

Last edited by steve-onpoint : 05-15-2006 at 11:52 AM.
Old 08-07-2004, 04:45 AM

At first listen of tt5b, I was disappointed, Check it out is a killer track.
I've now listened to the album a good few times and there are only two tracks that I don't like, that's the advantage of a skip button on your deck...

I don't think that this album will ever be my fave B Boy album, but it still has the stuff that makes me want to listen.

Sharp lyrics, Humour and dope beats

I don't care if the guys are 40 or 60 as long as they still rhyme the rhyme well.

Man I'm 31 and I never Thought I 'd use 'Dope' in a sentence
Old 08-07-2004, 01:31 PM
BUDDHA

what track was released before the album came out?

Dip dip dive so-socialize
Open up your ears and clean out your eyes
If you learn to love you're in for a surprise
It could be nice to be alive

Old 08-13-2004, 01:49 PM
Rappin' Cracka'

Exclamation Re: Why I dislike the new album

If you don't like it don't post anything on a Beastie Boy fan website. NO ONE CARES!!!

I'm Benny Mac and I get respect. Clean kicks, bling-bling and the chrome Detroit hat.

Old 08-14-2004, 09:09 PM
-=Tezza-D=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny_salmon
word. it's always awesome when they switch off like that. hence why "paul's boutique" is my favorite. it makes the music that much more fun and attention-catching. the whole formula thing they've got going on is a little weak. however, that's the only thing that bothers me about the album, and it doesn't even bother me that much. i think "to the 5 boroughs" is awesome. i love the political lyrics and the beats...everything is great. except the predictability.
Do you think they don't know what they are doing? like they have done it all befor and they have picked their formula for a reason. You say it's too predictable? comon a song is supposed to build an atmosphere and their delivery has no weak holes init. What they are doing with this formula is makeing songs to the point and dense and no point in the song where there is a lull , it's constant flux within a framework. The only problem I have is with some of the brilliant songs like the bruhaha and crawlsapce and tripple trouble is that I just don't want the song to end. They could of made some 4-5-6 verse songs :P... Next album we will see the full range of their skills and this album will make a whole lot more sense to alot of ppl.
Old 08-17-2004, 12:25 PM
will turn the party out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Tezza-D=-
Do you think they don't know what they are doing? like they have done it all befor and they have picked their formula for a reason. You say it's too predictable? comon a song is supposed to build an atmosphere and their delivery has no weak holes init. What they are doing with this formula is makeing songs to the point and dense and no point in the song where there is a lull , it's constant flux within a framework. The only problem I have is with some of the brilliant songs like the bruhaha and crawlsapce and tripple trouble is that I just don't want the song to end. They could of made some 4-5-6 verse songs :P... Next album we will see the full range of their skills and this album will make a whole lot more sense to alot of ppl.
what the fuck? this came from another thread i posted in.

anyways, chill pal. if it wasn't for "to the five boroughs" i wouldn't be posting 'cause i didn't know the first thing about the beastie boys before it. since purchasing it, i have purchased all the other albums and know them backwards and forwards. in my opinion, "paul's boutique" is their best cd, and part of why i like it so much is the switch offs they do. after listening to that it took away from "to the five boroughs" a little, 'cause they don't do it very much on that album. but i still love it. i'm not saying it blows or anything.

the girl is crafty like ice is cold!
the girl is crafty - she knows all the moves
i started playing records - she knew all the grooves.

Old 03-18-2005, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Mackin'
If you don't like it don't post anything on a Beastie Boy fan website. NO ONE CARES!!!
now thats jus plain unfair. The whole point of a message board is for people to post their views and opinions on stuff and discuss it with everyone else, Not to give a fair opinion and have everyone who doesnt think that way bicker and squable like school kids. this has happened on every board ive ever bin a meber of, and theres always been a post like this, reminding people what a board is and that other peoples opinions count even if u dont share the same view...but hold up...if i dont like it then dont post here, correct?

Old 09-16-2004, 06:02 AM

I couldn't disagree more. I think this album is a lot more raw and goes back to the old school rap style. Something the beastie boys helped pioneer. The beats are really put together well, and their ryming is really on time and tight.
I'm from NYC and love the fact that its a tribute album.
I also love the way they still joke around a lot, with funny samples and shit.
Its a real throwback.
Def one of their best.
Old 09-16-2004, 06:56 AM

See...I love when people speak their minds and share their viewpoints on something important. I don't like politics either! However, if someone feels so strongly about something they should express it if they so chose. Though, I do not like when people express themselves in a way where they force or try to persuade others to think like them.

I like the fact that TT5B, is an album about expressing yourself in an open and (freedom of choice) manner. I may agree with how the Beasties go about expressing themselves and using unnecessary examples.

I am just happy with the fact they are sending more stimulating rap in the world! Though, I do and don't like hearing the politics. See it may not offend much what their views are on some things because I may agree. However, they are things I may not agree with and is put off by! So, I can see how this may come into play because I can look at it from both angles.

Honestly, I rather hear beasties talk about real life matters and issues. Then, bit$&%& and hoe$ like SNoop Dogg. He has to be the most stupid, ignorant, whorish, backwards, low on vocab ba$tard I have seen in my life.

His so pathetic, that I don't think he can even stand himself. That is why he is an anoexric bitc^. Afterall, even he calls himself a dog and a ni@@er.

I am hairy, I am all natural and I am being stalked by the beasties! Help...call (fill in the blank)

Last edited by yetti_n_wa : 09-16-2004 at 09:30 AM.
Old 01-16-2005, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetti_n_wa
See...I love when people speak their minds and share their viewpoints on something important. I don't like politics either! However, if someone feels so strongly about something they should express it if they so chose. Though, I do not like when people express themselves in a way where they force or try to persuade others to think like them.

I like the fact that TT5B, is an album about expressing yourself in an open and (freedom of choice) manner. I may agree with how the Beasties go about expressing themselves and using unnecessary examples.

I am just happy with the fact they are sending more stimulating rap in the world! Though, I do and don't like hearing the politics. See it may not offend much what their views are on some things because I may agree. However, they are things I may not agree with and is put off by! So, I can see how this may come into play because I can look at it from both angles.

Honestly, I rather hear beasties talk about real life matters and issues. Then, bit$&%& and hoe$ like SNoop Dogg. He has to be the most stupid, ignorant, whorish, backwards, low on vocab ba$tard I have seen in my life.

His so pathetic, that I don't think he can even stand himself. That is why he is an anoexric bitc^. Afterall, even he calls himself a dog and a ni@@er.

Firstly get a day job. You talk to much about shit, get a Job on 4 corners or something. You make a good point about snoop dog and you made me laugh.
Old 02-06-2005, 09:31 PM
motherfuckin hubbub

At first, I didn't love it, but now I see the light.

Best fucking album EVERR !!! Especially for the time it came out in.. come on how can you not see it !?

put a quarter in your ass cause you played yourself

Old 09-16-2004, 08:25 AM
hotchedder

YOU SUCK

http://www.ronpaul2012.com

I love you MCA. Thank you for everything.

Old 09-16-2004, 08:27 AM
en korvbit balanserade...

no one cares, plus there are already 100 threads about the exactsame thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futterman's
I dont know very well the new.But,yes,the hardcore is shit(Excepts music).
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandra's mom
"duvor är fina och fet, som hönsor."

Old 09-23-2004, 06:38 PM
Still rockin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves_sasquatch
no one cares, plus there are already 100 threads about the exactsame thing...
Exactly, that is why I complained about this thread - not that he didn't like the album (whatevah!), but that he signed up and his first post is a new thread rehashing 100 other threads... Can't you people read:
"Frequent Post Archive
Frequently discussed topics. If you're a new member this is a great place to start."

Although I do find it really weird that someone goes to all the effort of coming to the website and creating an account just to bitch. Pretty trollish behavior IMO...

The idea is to keep the green alien landing craft from taking your humans from the ground and changing them into mutants. A mutant is very dangerous to you, because he flies faster than you do, and shoots at you.

Old 09-16-2004, 09:43 AM

IF U DONT LIKE THE NEWS THEN PRESS EJECT AND DEAL WITH IT. STOP COMPLAININ[quote=vcurtains]
Old 09-16-2004, 10:40 AM
aj

i think its funny how people are quoting tt5b to dis who ever started this..
its .. well its silly really.
but who else would be quoted here. its cute. .. its sweet..

okay yeah. enough of that. i like the new album. .. its nice. if i were to quote it as a dis.. id use.. "dont mean to bring static" except i would change "dont mean" to "no need" .. see what i did there? "no need to bring static" yeah.. okay...

and i agree that people need to stop posting the same thing over and over again.. "i hate blah blah blah" or "i think blah blah blah is hot" or "they're too political...blah blah blah" ..

and to all the people who get overly worked up about it.. big deal.. its not like ur gonna die if someone doesnt like every word on a beastie cd... lighten up. its just the interent.. its not like you're gonna throw down in a dark and dank alley way...

but who knows i could be wrong..
ash

"someone in our family had taken to wiping their ass on the bath towels. what made this exceptionally disturbing was that all our towels were fudge colored..." - sedaris

Old 09-16-2004, 10:45 AM
Who do you think you are?

One love.

"I'm gonna stick my dick in the mash potatoes"

Old 09-17-2004, 01:34 AM

Talking Correction

I meant in my original post that I do not like Beasties need for using unneccessary examples. I think this tactic hurts them greatly. All these dogs, sasquashes. There touching on dangerous territory...which is causing them to do what they are doing right now. Flip flop back and forth like pre=schoolers on different subject matter.

They are way to cool for that....they say that themselves!

The beasties have stayed gone too long and its seems they are using what I consider to be too many gimmicks and irrationally lame jokes to prove a point. Which most may not get. However, since living in crazyville, wa I get.

Afterall, I am starting to Hate the beasties though I was never a fan in the first place. I am just pretending to be a fan! Until this summer I couldnt have told you who they were.

Sike!

I am hairy, I am all natural and I am being stalked by the beasties! Help...call (fill in the blank)

Last edited by yetti_n_wa : 09-17-2004 at 01:38 AM.