Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Beastie Boys > General Beastie Boys Discussion

Old 09-25-2021, 11:54 AM

Default For the old heads LTI Live deep dive

Lots of us have played around with our collections and created playlists. This one that a buddy of mine encouraged me to collaborate on. I think it is nice.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...eKy71LbHdmxBa_
Old 09-27-2021, 08:06 AM

Thumbs up Re: For the old heads LTI Live deep dive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatlove06 View Post
Lots of us have played around with our collections and created playlists. This one that a buddy of mine encouraged me to collaborate on. I think it is nice.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...eKy71LbHdmxBa_
Nice!
Old 09-27-2021, 02:13 PM
space cake cookie

Default Re: For the old heads LTI Live deep dive

it must be a conflicting sort of existence when your whole life is caught on film or audio, to have all those things you grow to despise readily available for every new generation to discover. especially in the case of these guys who genuinely escaped the crazy LTL era & became better people in every possible sense. and for them to do it at such a young age is even more perplexing, and I think that speaks volumes to yauch and how beyond his years he truly was. it takes most people well into their 30's / 40's to grow and mature and these guys did it after barely hitting 21. he wasn't the leader perse but mike and adam seem kinda lost post-2012, i think a lot of us kinda did like uh-oh the roadmap is lost. as good as the book is you can't help but to think it's a bit "cold". i don't know what the fuck i'm trying to say... i will say this, i was a hurra purist for a long minute and around TT5B's i decided that MMM is def better for band and a better DJ, but i still missed cane so ended up going lifetime tie game.

musings while working and listening to the playlist. thank you for sharing.

thank you adam adam & mike

Old 09-27-2021, 07:37 PM
R.I.P. Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust monkey View Post
around TT5B's i decided that MMM is def better for band and a better DJ,
i pretty much agree but in terms of live shows which era do you prefer? now i know the band had mellowed out big time as individuals and as a band by the time MMM joined but those shows with hurricane touring for CYH and IC are something else.

"Hurricane, MCA, Hurricane, MCA, Hurricane, MCA, Bass from the back of my car feel soothing"... that shit gets me all the time watching on youtube
Old 09-28-2021, 10:41 AM
space cake cookie

my fav era shows as a whole would be CYH and IC years, but those experiences were more than just a concert.

the best most dialed in shows in terms of performance were post HN and TT5B's. they were on cruise control but the shows were always tight.

thank you adam adam & mike