Old 08-03-2008, 10:30 PM
just here for the .gifs

Default Mamma Mia: the movie

OH. MY. GOD.

it's the single most embarrassing piece of film-making I've seen in my life. there were certain parts where I had to cover my eyes. at one point, I tried to take a nap, but there were so many shrill screeching voices on the screen, that it was impossible.

none of this means I didn't weep like a pussy at a couple of parts. I kind of had a crush on stellan skarsgard in this movie too, usually I think he's creepy. and I love colin firth no matter what. he's darling.

the editing was insane too, strange cuts, extreme close-ups, unnecessary slow mo. I said "what the?" more than once out loud. by the end I had the giggles so bad on account of all the anxiety built up from being so embarrassed for the actors. at the climax of the movie, there's a wet freeze frame kiss of the young couple...but colin firth is shirtless and prancing in the background, and I just lost it. tears were streaming down my face, and I laughed all the way through the denouement (which was not meant to be funny).

anyway, because of that, I had a great time.

it's a terrible painful movie otherwise.

3/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebasser View Post
So wait, this guy is driving around in his jeep with his cat and his television in the back and he's got his favourite music blaring away and... I think I've missed the point.

Old 08-03-2008, 11:30 PM
technically insane

Default Re: Mamma Mia: the movie

I thought this movie was one of the best ever
First, because I never saw it and never will
It was great, because my wife left me for the night for a girls night out to see it, which left me open for beer and the bones KBG … “killer green bud”
The film was also great because of the Nintendo 64 game Golden Eye

earl@fuckyoumyman.com

Old 08-03-2008, 11:38 PM
for your health

On recent trips to London,walking along the underground tunnels to catch a ride I have felt a terror as not since in a long time on passing the huge posters advertising this film.
Now,everyone on the underground is usually frowning and nobody smiles or talks to one another and when something like the poster for Mamma Mia the movie has people,actors...smiling with perfect teeth it creates a 50/50 dimension of something.

I bet is hasn't got The Visitors song,my fave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echewta View Post
I've never been nor do I ever want to go to a party where dude takes his shirt off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DipDipDive View Post
I'm known to compliment a nice beard and I definitely have boobs and a vagina.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:19 AM
Tella Tillas

it was pretty obvious that this movie was gonna be poop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim wont fix it View Post
Hitler was RIGHT wing you stupid fuckbeast

Old 08-04-2008, 10:22 AM
Hashtag lad

Every time I see a poster for this film or hear the name mentioned, I get the song in my head and can't shift it. It also kick-starts an unwanted playlist of Abba tunes for the rest of the day. Horrible.

Blog: http://luminousplectrum.blogspot.com
Twitter: @luminousplectrm

Old 08-04-2008, 11:58 AM
just here for the .gifs

I read a funny review that brought up a good point. meryl streep is 59, and her movie daughter is 20...but when they do flash backs with the men who might be her father, they're hippies/70's looking. but 20 years ago it was 1988 and meryl streep (who was supposed to be all wild and slutty at the time) would've been 39...?

I guess maybe the movie could be set in the late 80's and meryl was just playing a part of a woman who should be at least 15 years younger. dang, that's a pretty big stretch though. strange lack of awareness in this one.

btw, I didn't think it was going to be "good", I thought it might be at least a little entertaining. bleh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebasser View Post
So wait, this guy is driving around in his jeep with his cat and his television in the back and he's got his favourite music blaring away and... I think I've missed the point.

Old 01-28-2010, 06:22 PM
eating corn, baby!

I had to dig this up!

The worst movie ever!!!!

No, maybe the second, the first is "The Man Who Murdered Jesse James"!

"It smells like ass soup in here!"

Old 01-28-2010, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy Wood View Post
I read a funny review that brought up a good point. meryl streep is 59, and her movie daughter is 20...but when they do flash backs with the men who might be her father, they're hippies/70's looking. but 20 years ago it was 1988 and meryl streep (who was supposed to be all wild and slutty at the time) would've been 39...?
I can't tell you how much that bothered me. The summer when she got pregnant was the summer of love (1968) but Colin Firth was into the Sex Pistols. The most reasonable explanation is that the movie is set in the 80s and you just have to forget the punk stuff. But you can't get past the fact that Meryl Streep was almost 40 when she had her girly summer fling. And if you take your cues from the songs and dialogue, she was an irresponsible young gal. So Meryl has to be playing someone 20 years younger than her actual age. And we're supposed to buy that, even though the hair and makeup is designed to make her look both old and girly. So I got flashes of What Ever Happened To Baby Jane.

That movie is on cable all the time. It stalks me. Every time I'm doing laundry or washing dishes it pops on and I accidentally see parts of it. It's so awful and I can't escape it.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:59 AM
eating corn, baby!

Yes! That's what I didn't buy at all! She's old enough to be her grandmother! I just agree with the whole thing. This movie was just not right. And boring as hell. I didn't like most of the songs. I thought it would never end. In the DVD cover, it says it's 80 minutes, but that's just to fool us! It's like 95 minutes of pure boredom.

"It smells like ass soup in here!"

Old 01-29-2010, 06:36 PM
Basic As Fuck.

my mum likes this movie but she is pretty much everything but picky
*cough*

-------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Gus
The friendship ended when I wiped my arse on his pillow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pres Zount
I don't really love you! Lyman zerga is on my ignore list, but you don't deserve it, you swine!
-------------------------------------

Old 02-23-2010, 10:04 PM
feeder

I'm watching it right now and actually finding it brilliant in an utterly rubbish way.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:53 AM
Basketball Jones

There's a movie thread for the last movie you watched. Its been hovering here forever.

I have to return some video tapes.