Old 10-26-2018, 03:46 AM
italiana

Default Re: Book Tour

Definitely we should meet in London!
I am attending both events at EartH and Picadilly.

*We gonna party for the muther fucking right to fight*

Old 10-26-2018, 04:03 AM
Unorthodox Game

Ooof! No joy, sadly. Was primed and ready to go at 10am, but it's just been saying 'tickets unavailable' all morning, despite reloading the page and things plenty of times. Not sure if my internet connection at work is a bit shit?

Would have been nice to see Adam and Mike again. Hope everyone enjoys these events. The book looks awesome, so at least I've still go that to look forward to.

Peace and Love to Yauch.

Heavy Gyroscope (blog)
easy 3 Soundcloud
easy 3 bandcamp
easy 3 insta
http://www.facebook.com/djeasy3

Old 10-26-2018, 04:07 AM
Current Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave790 View Post
For like 10 seconds, sure thing!
Fair fucking play! Stoked for you, man.

Shout at the Devil!

Old 10-26-2018, 04:08 AM
(¯`·.,¸¸.-»

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura View Post
Definitely we should meet in London!
Beastie Board meeting London!
Old 10-26-2018, 05:28 AM
Dear New York

I am lucky enough to have got a ticket this morning to meet Mike and Adam for the book signing so chuffed right now! they must of sold out within minutes again.

30 years I've been waiting for this moment, and Im not leaving until i have a selfie

I'll post some pics up from the 2nd Dec

www.musicfanclubs.org/beastieboys

If I had a car it would be a cadalac, Rockin on the mic, I'm not the wacky wack!

Old 10-26-2018, 05:44 AM

^^^

Yes I wonder how strict they’ll be on policing the no selfie rule. A pic would be nice, but it’s not the be all and end all personally. Still, these days it takes what, 5 seconds to strike a pose and take a quick snap? Seems very tight. I’m tempted to sneak an old concert ticket into the book as a bookmark for them to sign too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Presentable View Post
Fair fucking play! Stoked for you, man.
Thank you KP! Much appreciated. Are you still in Australia mate?

It’s easy to say now but I just knew I’d score a ticket. I’m not usually overly fussed about meeting musicians, actors etc that I admire but the Beastie Boys have had a profound effect on my life. Not sure what else I can say to them really apart from that. It will be surreal!

I’m sorry to anyone who couldn’t get tickets who has to put up with such unbridled excitement. There’s no place in the world more deserving of such opportunities than the BBMB.

Quote:
DIAMOND: He wishes he could be here right now. So do we.

Old 10-26-2018, 07:27 AM
The name Praying Mantis

I was lucky and got two tickets(rear stall) for the 29th November...have that and the Friday booked off work now so will be in London early afternoon.
Deffo up for a meet up if anyone is around then
Old 10-26-2018, 11:08 AM
italiana

I will be in london from friday afternoon till sunday.
I am attending friday event at EartH and signing copies at Picadilly circus.

Old 10-26-2018, 06:05 PM
Current Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave790 View Post
^^^

Yes I wonder how strict they’ll be on policing the no selfie rule. A pic would be nice, but it’s not the be all and end all personally. Still, these days it takes what, 5 seconds to strike a pose and take a quick snap? Seems very tight. I’m tempted to sneak an old concert ticket into the book as a bookmark for them to sign too!

Thank you KP! Much appreciated. Are you still in Australia mate?

It’s easy to say now but I just knew I’d score a ticket. I’m not usually overly fussed about meeting musicians, actors etc that I admire but the Beastie Boys have had a profound effect on my life. Not sure what else I can say to them really apart from that. It will be surreal!

I’m sorry to anyone who couldn’t get tickets who has to put up with such unbridled excitement. There’s no place in the world more deserving of such opportunities than the BBMB.
Watching and enjoying from afar; in Oz yup.

Shout at the Devil!

Old 10-27-2018, 03:52 PM

Quote:
DIAMOND: He wishes he could be here right now. So do we.

Old 10-28-2018, 07:35 AM

Their going to be on Fallon next week. Not sure what day.

Yes Adam yauch was very spiritual yes he raised awareness about the situation in Tibet yea he was a great father , husband and friend but most of all he was a dope MC one of the greatest to ever pick up a mike his voice will be missed- Chris Rock

Old 10-28-2018, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesleyOHSnaps! View Post
Their going to be on Fallon next week. Not sure what day.
Wednesday 10/31 - Mike D & Adrock are guests on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon.
Old 10-28-2018, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarenceAlabama View Post
Wednesday 10/31 - Mike D & Adrock are guests on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon.
A little bday treat for me I guess

Yes Adam yauch was very spiritual yes he raised awareness about the situation in Tibet yea he was a great father , husband and friend but most of all he was a dope MC one of the greatest to ever pick up a mike his voice will be missed- Chris Rock

Old 10-28-2018, 12:11 PM
Online Since 1999

Quote:
A little bday treat for me I guess
October 31st, that is my date of birth
I got to the party and you know what I did the Smurf

beastiemixes.com

Old 10-28-2018, 05:21 PM
crazy sniffable

prop bet on whether mike and adam dress up for halloween appearance on fallon?

it's just 2 wheels and me, the wind in eyes...

Old 10-28-2018, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uru-Nitro View Post
October 31st, that is my date of birth
I got to the party and you know what I did the Smurf
Pretty much

Old 10-28-2018, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother McDuff View Post
prop bet on whether mike and adam dress up for halloween appearance on fallon?
I’d be really happy if they just came in as a Deviled Egg.

Old 10-29-2018, 06:12 AM

Tour starts today!!!

Old 10-29-2018, 09:05 AM
italiana

Quote:
Tour starts today!!!

Old 10-29-2018, 03:07 PM
(¯`·.,¸¸.-»

Anyone going to tonight's show, enjoy!
And please post a report.
Old 10-29-2018, 06:05 PM
Call me pip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Zip View Post
Anyone going to tonight's show, enjoy!
And please post a report.
"You need words that's bullsh*t"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Presentable
Pip has the best avatar.

Old 10-29-2018, 06:10 PM
crazy sniffable

here now, in my seat. waiting for the jam to start.

- exhibit is quaint but has a few bodacious pieces (wont spoil)
- MMM’s playlist is like 8 songs deep (good, but on short repeat)
- the vibe is joyous and familial
- solid merch
- my drink is about half full
- very psyched

lots of genuine folks came out. good peeps, good feels. goddamn i love this fam. hugs all around

it's just 2 wheels and me, the wind in eyes...

Old 10-29-2018, 06:19 PM
Current Member

Quote:

- solid merch
- very psyched

lots of genuine folks came out. good peeps, good feels. goddamn i love this fam. hugs all around

Shout at the Devil!

Old 10-29-2018, 06:38 PM
Music est. 1986

Quote:

- solid merch
- very psyched

For those of you who are not going to make it to the event can you post more details in the spoilers thread?
Old 10-30-2018, 07:24 AM
PhD In Parapsychology

I actually got to go last night! I got everything setup a while ago but I thought for sure that something was going to come to that would prevent me from going.

The exhibit was really cool. There were glass cases filled with pictures, lyric sheets, tour items and all kinds of random promo items. There was also a room setup to show off the new Sonos speaker playing the tracks that were sampled on PB.

I wasn't really sure what to expect from the show, but it was somehow very true to Beastie spirit while being something wholly new unto itself. They told stories from the book, often reading straight from the book (well, a teleprompter displaying the book text). You could see that this was well rehearsed (which was funny because Adam kept saying "seriously we rehearsed this" whenever things seemed to go off script). Mike seemed to take more liberties and try to keep it a bit looser which seemed to frustrate Adam a bit haha.

As expected the stories were great and got tremendous reactions from the audience. Some of them were familiar (the Bob Dylan pro-smoking concert story) but there was a good amount of fresh material as well. My favorite story was actually the one Adam opened with. I won't spoil it, but I'll just say it is the story about a ring someone gave him. Again it was all in good fun and the whole night felt like a celebration of the band, especially Yauch. There were a few bittersweet moments (the story of the last concert).

They didn't do a q&a and there weren't any special guests, which was fine but kind of a bummer just because the show description said there would be. They mentioned several times that they were running long so hopefully they weren't just cut for time.

Overall it was wonderful seeing them doing their thing! They got a standing ovation at the end which they seemed genuinely surprised by and appreciative of. I really hope that it encouraged then to keep working together in some capacity. Obviously I'm not expecting make any more Beastie Boys albums but they're too good together to hang it up.

"There's more to me then you'll ever know." - Adam Yauch, Hey Ladies

Old 10-30-2018, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatlove06 View Post
... as in there will be a Beastie Museum?
yes....i could say it now

they saved EVERYTHING!

i know it'll be tough to do, but tonight will top last night.......

thank you Adam.

Old 10-30-2018, 09:41 PM
R.I.P. Brooklyn

Just coming home from Brooklyn show.

I give it a nice B-, C+, I wasn’t disappointed, I actually enjoyed it but there’s only so much a book talk can give you.

I believe they had to skip many parts cuz they got backed up. I would’ve enjoyed more hello nasty era talk. They Had many fuck ups but their on the spot reactions to mistakes made it fun.

What I enjoyed most about it were the never before seen photos. there were a good deal of them.

It wasn’t as advertised though. Perhaps the future shows will be? No special guest or moderators , no Q and A,

But it was nice
Old 10-31-2018, 07:40 PM

I went to the Brooklyn show last night and it was an incredible experience. But through all the laughter, and there was a LOT of that, I had a lump in my throat the entire night.

As I walked up Flatbush Ave in Brooklyn, I realized this was THE best place to see them, as the I passed "Bimbo Nails" and a few hole in the wall chicken joints and a couple of storefront churches, the neighborhood reminded me of what so much of New York used to be like. To me it not have been a more fitting place for this. And like a beacon and portal into another world, I could see the grand marquis from a distance as I approached:

KINGS
BEASTIE BOYS
TONIGHT

...indeed.

Right then it I realized I didn't think I'd ever see such a sight again. It made me giddy to relive the experience of walking into a BBoys show once again, a feeling I put away since I guess the day Yauch died. And as I approached it hit me that when I was a kid I never in my wildest dreams thought they'd become the institution they became, that we'd be looking at their lives in this museum-like way. The glass cases containing these incredible pieces of history and all the stoners, NY hip hop kids, school cafeteria punk table gangs now all grown, looking with reverence upon these relics of our past - did any of us imagine this day would come?

And as I waited for my guest to get inside, I just stood there taking it all in. Not the memorabilia displays, or the looooong awaited book that had just been handed to me, not even the beautifully ornate venue - it's gorgeous on the inside - but the PEOPLE rolling in.. all with smiles and joyful looks on their faces. So many familiar faces, I even met a few people I've known over the years, but just generally I recognized SO many people from the countless Beastie Boys shows and events through the years. These were the now grown up kids we were around all those times. I occurred to me that this might be he last time I ever see these people who all share the love for all that is Beastie Boys all in one place. I have never before wanted to just walk up to random 'stranger' and hug them like I did last night. We all grew up. We all made it through. It was bittersweet.

Of course, there was the occasional whaft of pot here and there and most everyone was dressed like they probably did back in the day but I overheard so many bits and pieces of stereotypically adult conversations like, "gotta get home to the babysitter" or "not tonight, I gotta get into the office early".. that it made both sad and happy. Sad because this is what I never wanted to become but happy that through life and the Beastie Boys I learned to embrace growth. Thank you, guys for leading the way. Thank you.

A little FUCK YOU to the chick who yelled out "CREEP!" (more than once!) as Adam told the story and sincerely apologized for the way they let go of Kate. That was so cowardly, childish and unnecessary. He smoothed right past it just fine but I really wish she hadn't done that.

The show was in-fucking-credible, filled to the brim with stories, jokes and anecdotes in a way that felt like that dream we all have of hanging out with them in what felt like a very casual way. I hope that it's being filmed for those who don't get a chance to see it like because it's a really special, one of a kind experience. I'm so glad I went and so grateful for the opportunity to see it in the company of this group of fellow bboys and bgirls

Beastie Boys Forever.
Old 11-01-2018, 06:14 AM

MXY - incredibly well written. Couldn't have summed up my thoughts any better.
Old 11-01-2018, 07:54 AM

MXY

Well said, my sentiments exactly.

I loved every single minute of it.

I could have sat there for hours more listening to them gabber on about anything.

It was bitter sweet though, as you said, as I knew that this was it. Perhaps I'll still hold out hope for an album of lost archives.

And of course, missing Yauch was hard, really had to hold back the tears at times.

(and Mike D slapped my hand as he walked down the aisle---nice!!