Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Non-Beastie Boys > General Political Discussion

Old 03-08-2012, 10:44 PM
USA

Default This is why we all cant have guns.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/family...-leader/nLNq9/

Kid goes to a store, ends up getting shot in a gated community... By overzealous neighborhood watch. Poor kid killed.

Not everyone has the mental capacity and decision making processes that trained soldiers or police have.

Seriously. Neighborhood watch.

Old 03-09-2012, 08:02 AM
technically insane

Default Re: This is why we all cant have guns.

no one in jail, that is bull shit.

earl@fuckyoumyman.com

Old 03-09-2012, 08:22 AM
Teflon Man

He asked for it.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:42 AM
Basic As Fuck.

barely anyone here owns shooting guns

stop living in the barbarian past!

-------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Gus
The friendship ended when I wiped my arse on his pillow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pres Zount
I don't really love you! Lyman zerga is on my ignore list, but you don't deserve it, you swine!
-------------------------------------

Old 03-09-2012, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helvete View Post
He asked for it.
he was asking to be shot and killed by a 26 year old Neigbhorhood Watchman for walking in his family's gated neighborhood with a bag of Skittles?

please, do tell.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:47 PM

Arrow Re: This is why we all cant have guns.

What was he wearing?
Old 03-09-2012, 06:30 PM
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbott View Post
no one in jail, that is bull shit.
I know. What the fuck. This murder. Kid has skittles and tea on him. No weapons. Nothing.

Old 03-10-2012, 03:29 AM
Teflon Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout18 View Post
I know. What the fuck. This murder. Kid has skittles and tea on him. No weapons. Nothing.
Let me just play devil's advocate for a second here. Kid is walking through a strange area and spotted by neighbourhood watch man, he thinks the guy (let's be realistic, not all 17 year olds are like children) is acting suspicious for whatever reason. He confronts this strange person going through his neighbourhood as to his purpose of being there and is met by verbal abuse and attitude.

This escalates into threatening behaviour and the 17 year old makes neighbourhood watch man think he's going to be attacked. Shit happens and the boy gets shot.

Yes, this situation sounds bullshit, but the article is very biased and there is always 2 sides to a story. I am not justifying his actions of shooting someone but just putting the idea across that it wasn't just some young boy minding his own business when a shot rings out from across the street and kills him.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:30 AM
Teflon Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout18 View Post
If you've got a gun and I've got no weapons, but I'm bigger and stronger than you and make you believe that I'm going to stomp your brains in, you'd shoot me.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:51 AM

In America, Neighborhood Watch is not a vigilante group or volunteer police force. They are community members who are trained to contact authorities when they are witnessing a CRIME occuring.

By 'acting suspicious' and big and menacing, what you really mean is that a black dude is in a white neighborhood and shouldn't be there.

In Florida, this not a crime last time I checked.

The shooter was a kid himself. How can you interpret their difference in size from an article that showed a picture of the murder victim in his little league uniform?

Last edited by Turchinator : 03-10-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:01 PM
Teflon Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turchinator View Post
In America, Neighborhood Watch is not a vigilante group or volunteer police force. They are community members who are trained to contact authorities when they are witnessing a CRIME occuring.

By 'acting suspicious' and big and menacing, what you really mean is that a black dude is in a white neighborhood and shouldn't be there.

In Florida, this not a crime last time I checked.

The shooter was a kid himself. How can you interpret their difference in size from an article that showed a picture of the murder victim in his little league uniform?
Your news is so biased, I can't believe you put up with it. Putting words into people's mouths 'HE WAS BLACK, THE SHOOTER WAS WHITE, THIS IS WHY THE BLACK BOY IS DEAD AND THE WHITE SHOOTER IS NOT IN JAIL'.

Let the police conduct their investigation and find out the fact themselves.

A person walking down the street is not suspicious. If the kid was going about his business he would have walked through the area and nothing would have happened. How was he in the same place long enough for someone to make a call to the police? How did this confrontation ever take place? Was the kid hanging about and looking into people's properties? He must have be doing something!

There is no way a person would be walking from point A to B without doing something on the way (apart from being black) that would have resulted in this incident.

I just don't believe this case is as simple as it seems.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:00 PM

you're right- it's not.

it turns out the shooter, (28, not 26 as I mentioned) has a record of resisting arrest and battery on a police officer, charges also dropped.

the crazy biased media told me this, as confirmed by the Orange County Clerk of Courts.

the victim has no criminal record of sorts.

Quote:
A person walking down the street is not suspicious. If the kid was going about his business he would have walked through the area and nothing would have happened. How was he in the same place long enough for someone to make a call to the police? How did this confrontation ever take place? Was the kid hanging about and looking into people's properties? He must have be doing something!
you don't know shit. why are you twisting this?

the police told the shooter not to pursue the guy. he was walking home.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:04 PM

vigilante justice- some angry white guy in a rich community isolated from reality sees a black kid, calls it suspicious, and calls it in...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1332756.html

Quote:
In the "Committee News" section of last month's issue of the gated community's newsletter, "Retreat Reflections," the neighborhood watch committee asked for additional volunteers and warned: "Please keep your eyes open" and "If you see something suspicious or out of place, report it!"

For more information, it said, call George Zimmerman.

UPDATE:

Chief Bill Lee of the Sanford Police Department on Thursday evening said the account given by Martin’s family and attorney is correct, that Zimmerman saw the young man walking home from the store. He said that Zimmerman did indeed call 911 and report a suspicious person, and that he was told not to follow him.

“For some reason he felt that Trayvon, the way that he was walking or appeared seemed suspicious to him,” Lee said. “He called this in and at one part of this initial call [the dispatcher] recommends him not to follow Trayvon. A police officer is on the way at that point.”

Lee said that Zimmerman instead followed Martin.

“I believe that Mr. Zimmerman was trying to, by his account, find an address to give the officers and also trying to keep Trayvon in eyesight.”

Zimmerman told the police that Martin noticed that he was being followed and asked, “what’s your problem?”

That's when a physical confrontation ensued, Lee said. And moments later, Martin was shot.

Lee said that Zimmerman has a legal permit to carry the weapon used in the shooting, and that he told police that he shot Martin in self-defense.

“He felt the need to defend himself,” Lee said. “ I don’t think it was his intent to go and shoot somebody” that night.

The chief said the police have met with Zimmerman on two to three separate occasions, and that their investigation should be wrapped up this week. He said all of the evidence in the case will be delivered to the Seminole County State Attorney’s Office soon after.

“We’re going to present all the information and if they feel that based on all of the evidence that we’re able to produce that Mr. Zimmerman has satisfied the requirement that he shot in self defense, they may, but if not, he would be charged with some type of homicide or manslaughter,” Lee said.

“It is certainly and absolutely a tragedy, especially for the Martin Family,” Lee said. "No one expects their teenage son to go the store and never come back.”
Old 03-10-2012, 06:07 PM
MCA 1964 - 2012

911 instructed him not to pursue the "suspicious" person

the asshole couldn't follow the rules of the organization he was head of - fuck him, he may survive a stiff criminal sentence but you bet your bottom dollar he won't be living in a gated community in a couple years cuz a civil suit will fuck him up

Just because you have one doesn't mean you have to be one

Old 03-10-2012, 07:04 PM
Teflon Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turchinator View Post
you're right- it's not.

it turns out the shooter, (28, not 26 as I mentioned) has a record of resisting arrest and battery on a police officer, charges also dropped.

the crazy biased media told me this, as confirmed by the Orange County Clerk of Courts.

the victim has no criminal record of sorts.

you don't know shit. why are you twisting this?

the police told the shooter not to pursue the guy. he was walking home.
I was trying to get my head around a situation which I could not fathom how it happened. Now more details are coming out, the picture is becoming clearer. I like to hear all sides of the story and make my assessment based on that, rather than jumping the gun. Turns out your initial judgement seems like it was right, but it might not have been.

In my job, if I just took things at face value and from one source, I'd be really shitty at it!
Old 03-12-2012, 02:18 PM

Arrow Re: This is why we all cant have guns.

Quote:
Your news is so biased, I can't believe you put up with it. Putting words into people's mouths 'HE WAS BLACK, THE SHOOTER WAS WHITE, THIS IS WHY THE BLACK BOY IS DEAD AND THE WHITE SHOOTER IS NOT IN JAIL'.

There is no way a person would be walking from point A to B without doing something on the way (apart from being black) that would have resulted in this incident.

LOL. It would make a lot more sense to you if you were from the U.S.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:34 PM
good reactions, etc?

Quote:

the shooter could be a cunt

sometimes people are cunts and sometimes they own guns and use them to kill people who aren't cunts
Old 03-20-2012, 01:10 AM
just here for the .gifs

I heard the 911 calls today, the police clearly told the neighborhood watch guy not to follow the kid. And he basically said he looked suspicious because he was walking down the sidewalk with his hand in his pocket.

I honestly don't think the shooter can get away with this. He's claiming he acted in self defense, but it can't be self defense if he was following the kid in the first place. That in itself makes him the aggressor. If some asshole confronted me from behind after following me, I'd put up a fight too. it's a tragic situation, but Zimmerman should be punished. You can't just go around confronting people you think look suspicious.

And the only reason he wasn't arrested was because the conservative gun nuts applied castle laws to the streets, so people can get away with killing someone as long as it's in self defense. The jerks who wrote the law should get sued for wrongful death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebasser View Post
So wait, this guy is driving around in his jeep with his cat and his television in the back and he's got his favourite music blaring away and... I think I've missed the point.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:43 AM
MCA 1964 - 2012

Teenage girl reports she was on phone with Trayvon just before the shooting. He felt he was the one in danger....and apparently so.

The guy who killed him should be locked up as we speak - there was no self-defense, just murder.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-mar...7#.T2hfLNlZV_Y

Old 03-20-2012, 10:21 AM

wait, he was wearing a hood and it was raining simultaneously?

STAND YOUR GROUND
Old 03-20-2012, 05:36 PM
I'm flowing prose to cons

He followed and harrassed and killed that poor kid in cold blood. In my perfect little world George Zimmerman would be tied to a tree and stoned to death, but since that's not possible I hope justice will come for Trayvon Martin.

I'll never turn back 'cause that's the way I've got to live.....

https://twitter.com/beastieboysnews

Old 03-20-2012, 06:04 PM
Teflon Man

You're obviously joking about the 'in a perfect' world bit, that's ridiculous.

Zimmerman was clearly looking for trouble and had hate on his mind, why is he not facing charges?
Old 03-20-2012, 06:10 PM
USA

This is such a mind boggling story because Its so simple, yet Zimmerman hasn't been charged yet.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:44 PM
I'm flowing prose to cons

Quote:

Zimmerman was clearly looking for trouble and had hate on his mind, why is he not facing charges?
No I wasn't joking, but I do realize that my idea of punishment is just a pipe dream.

I'll never turn back 'cause that's the way I've got to live.....

https://twitter.com/beastieboysnews

Old 03-23-2012, 05:44 PM
good reactions, etc?

Quote:

even if you somehow read the florida self defense laws in his favor and make him not guilty, at the very very damn least you take a case like this and run it through the criminal justice system to make sure. you don't just say "ah it's probably fine" and don't make any arrests, surely

baffling
Old 03-23-2012, 06:26 PM
Peace & Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
even if you somehow read the florida self defense laws in his favor and make him not guilty, at the very very damn least you take a case like this and run it through the criminal justice system to make sure. you don't just say "ah it's probably fine" and don't make any arrests, surely

baffling
The way you have presented the case (a speculative view) is one of the more relaxed views. In Florida under certain situations, killing people shouldn't be as complicated as parking ticket enforcement.

baffling and to me... I see it as malfeasance bordering on complicity in murder.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YXKLqVCz8SA
I'm going dowwwwwn
[/url]

Old 03-23-2012, 06:30 PM
Peace & Love

plus, I'm done walking around in Florida.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YXKLqVCz8SA
I'm going dowwwwwn
[/url]

Old 03-23-2012, 07:32 PM
MCA 1964 - 2012

blame

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=rkvRYg2ZmY0

Old 03-24-2012, 03:11 AM
Teflon Man

There's been all sorts of reports coming out that 'witnesses' saw Martin beating up Zimmerman, as if it's some sort of justification for the shooting. I don't think so. You don't needlessly pursue a guy, start giving him hassle, pull out a gun and possibly make a guy fight for his life thinking he was going to get shot. Oh, and then shoot him.

My bet is on the gun was already drawn when Zimmerman confronted Martin and Martin of course freaked out.
Old 03-24-2012, 04:32 AM
MCA 1964 - 2012

looks like the murderer assaulted an LEO in the past

http://nancylockhart.blogspot.com/20...zimmerman.html