Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Beastie Boys > General Beastie Boys Discussion

Old 05-12-2019, 11:01 PM

Default Re: Lots of rare items for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyndust View Post
I just realised that TT5B also didn't have any 45's

Yeah. And on top of that, the vinyl singles off the album weren't very good. Just instrumentals, a capellas, and some pretty bland remixes. I would have loved to have seen some sort of maxi single of some track like Rhyme The Rhyme Well with bonus tracks of Brr Stick Em and thr other non-album cuts.
Old 05-13-2019, 11:32 AM
Music est. 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuc70021 View Post
Yeah. And on top of that, the vinyl singles off the album weren't very good. Just instrumentals, a capellas, and some pretty bland remixes. I would have loved to have seen some sort of maxi single of some track like Rhyme The Rhyme Well with bonus tracks of Brr Stick Em and thr other non-album cuts.
Agreed, but that being said I really liked the Triple Trouble remixes, I think even better than the original, but that's only because I was so disappointed that they used an obvious Sugar Hill Gang sample for the original. That has always been my main beef with Triple Trouble (not crazy about the hook either).

I also really liked the Just Blaze Remix of Ch-Check It out and the And then I b-side. In fact, I really enjoyed all the b-sides from TT5B. Now I'm going off on a tangent. I guess I didn't really have that many problems with singles from TT5B singles, just that I wanted more, especially after such a long hiatus.

Nothing can beat the extra goodies that came with singles from CYH and IC era though. I listen to those singles as much as the albums.
Old 05-14-2019, 12:27 PM

Can I also just throw out there that I want the Pretzel Nugget EP on vinyl SO BAD? It was CD only however, but that lineup is the shit.
Old 05-18-2019, 10:55 AM

All of the SOB vinyl releases are posted for auction. If Ill Communication is your era, and you want something in particular, I'd like you to have it. If I can't sell it, I will help you find it.
Old 05-20-2019, 04:39 PM

Some very astute eBay buyers have figured out that I'm selling things of chronologically and picking items off as I list them. I am not complaining because that makes it super easy for me, but if y'all want anything in particular I'd be happier to get it to you than someone else, so the email is Bigfatlove06@yahoo.com.

That's all
Old 05-21-2019, 09:44 PM

Another testimonial for bigfatlove06. I just scored some pieces from his big Ebay blowout that I've been wanting to add to my collection for a long time. Super smooth transactions and his descriptions of the records are extremely detailed for all the collecting nerds like me. Highly recommended!
Old 05-28-2019, 03:27 PM
Da Pranksta

Yo BFL! Big fat thanks for the Rootdown Box. It made it in today and is in amazing condition.

"The chocolate easter bunny is like crack cocaine to a child."

-Mike D

Old 05-30-2019, 11:25 AM
Rest in Peace Yauch

Hi Pooty! Smooth transaction with Big Fat Love. Thanks again!

Thank You Adam Yauch

Old 05-30-2019, 11:45 AM

Thanks to Pooty, Laver, and tuc70021 for the feedback. I sometimes feel a little bit guilty for using the bbmb for advertising that I have duplicate copies for sale. I also feel guilty for asking you guys to leave feedback here. Nonetheless, if people keep getting stuff they want for a fair price, it will ease my guilty conscience.
Old 06-05-2019, 09:27 PM
Da Pranksta

Im Pooty T and im back from the dead...

"The chocolate easter bunny is like crack cocaine to a child."

-Mike D

Old 06-06-2019, 05:07 AM

... chillin in the bayou down at Club Med...
Old 06-06-2019, 05:11 AM

For those interested, I'll be posting another 45-50 vinyls this upcoming weekend. The rest of the Ill Communication stuff, Hip Hop Sampler, Aglio E Olio, The In Sound From Way Out, and all the Hello Nasty era stuff.
Old 06-07-2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatlove06 View Post
For those interested, I'll be posting another 45-50 vinyls this upcoming weekend. The rest of the Ill Communication stuff, Hip Hop Sampler, Aglio E Olio, The In Sound From Way Out, and all the Hello Nasty era stuff.
Oooooooooooo..............
Old 06-08-2019, 04:55 PM

If any of you want the Test Press for AEO it is there for 20% less than I paid for it.
Old 06-09-2019, 09:19 AM

Apparently is fine to unknowingly sell bootlegs on eBay, and NOT tell customers. Your listings only get removed if you actually tell them what they're actually bidding on. 😒
Old 06-10-2019, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Apparently is fine to unknowingly sell bootlegs on eBay, and NOT tell customers. Your listings only get removed if you actually tell them what they're actually bidding on. ��
Have you tried listing them as just "Unofficial"? I see lots of postings like that and they seem to stay up for a long time.

I agree that Ebay's rules are stupid with that stuff. And half the stuff I come across on there in bootleg with no indication that it's not an official release.

On a semi-related note, I saw on your Aglio e Olio Test Pressing listing that you've only come across 2. As luck would have it, I scored one from a former Grand Royal worker about a year or so ago, so there are at least 3!

Last edited by tuc70021 : 06-10-2019 at 09:14 PM. Reason: English
Old 06-12-2019, 01:44 PM
rebel in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuc70021 View Post
In due time... I'm seeing hipsters in the city pay $20 for freaking mix-tapes these days. I never would have thought that cassettes would make a come-back, but they are. I think cassettes might be where vinyl was in the late 90s/early 2000s (i.e. just starting to make a popular come-back). So I wouldn't doubt if the PB cassette lot sells for a pretty penny.
Cassettes have been a big thing for arty hipsters here in Stockholm. My friend's son has several bands and sound projects and on most of them their music is released on vinyl or cassette only. Another acquaintance has a coffee shop/record store where he sells loads of tapes and the weirdest music you can find. (I've bought LP's of Turkish psychedelia and Captain Beefheart, Cramps and Iggy bootleg videos and he has film screenings of all kinds of weird stuff (last month I saw a movie by Bee Gees done in the 70's, Monkees story, Detroit r'n'r venue docu and some weird Swedish shit) and live bands every now and then and art expo's as well... )

Quote:
There is a dude on facebook who took rips from the Paul's Boutique Show Vinyl, cleaned them up, had somebody do some cool artwork for them, and then produced 20 cassettes (all unique and professionally manufactured), then gave away copies refusing to accept payment. Old School Gratitude, and love for the Beastie Boys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micodin View Post
collect experiences? explain.
I usually collect more experiences as well. I saw the Beasties about 20 times, every time they were in Stockholm (which wasn't that many), followed one UK tour, one European festival tour and the gala tour, a few gigs around Europe. All those gigs are treasured memories, I remember things from each one of them. Met loads of board people on the last tour and during the UK tour had a chance to meet the band several times, and I still have the olive pit Yauch spat down the stairs backstage in Belfast....

As I've always been listening to vinyl (must've been the last gal in town to get a cd-player) I have quite a bundle of vinyls, but alas, I've never had a well payed job I do not have any real rarities (and I always liked to spend my money rather on travelling), but there is one white 12" that I still want (and Country Mike, black or red). Also I'm extremely happy that someone from this board sent me the dices from MTV2 gig in Las Vegas!

So This Is What I've Got To Say To You All
Be True To Yourself And You Will Never Fall

Old 06-14-2019, 02:34 AM

Unrelated to this particular sale, but any idea what this could be?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vinyl-Rec...Rw r#viTabs_0

The fact people are bidding is intriguing.

Quote:
DIAMOND: He wishes he could be here right now. So do we.

Old 06-14-2019, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave790 View Post
Unrelated to this particular sale, but any idea what this could be?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vinyl-Rec...Rw r#viTabs_0

The fact people are bidding is intriguing.
It's this one

http://beastiemania.com/discog/show....it12irishcream
Old 06-15-2019, 02:05 AM

Superb knowledge, thanks

Quote:
DIAMOND: He wishes he could be here right now. So do we.

Old 06-25-2019, 05:53 AM

Is the great haul all up on Ebay, or can we expect TT5B and HSCP2 nuggets in the future? I'm uh.....asking for a friend.
Old 06-25-2019, 11:42 AM

It's not even close to up. I've got another couple of hundred vinyl that need to find homes. After that I'll move on to either the cassettes (around 250) or the CD's (around 1,000). It'll take years unless I find collectors who want bulk. That's what happened with the vinyl.
Old 07-11-2020, 05:14 PM

Just FYI for anyone interested, I am selling all items off. It isn't practical to try to do that on widely varying platforms, and this platform really shouldn't be used for selling items even if some folks are interested. So I'm primarily relying on eBay, and email to engage interested buyers.
Old 07-11-2020, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyndust View Post
I was so disappointed that they used an obvious Sugar Hill Gang sample for the original. That has always been my main beef with Triple Trouble.

I also really liked the Just Blaze Remix of Ch-Check It out and the And then I b-side. In fact, I really enjoyed all the b-sides from TT5B.

Nothing can beat the extra goodies that came with singles from CYH and IC era though. I listen to those singles as much as the albums.
I agree with everything said here. I like the b-sides from TT5B better than at least 4 songs off of the album.

Somehow have never listened to the Triple Trouble remixes (or I have and I just forgot) but this Graham Coxom remix is pretty insane!

message board

Old 07-12-2020, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Just FYI for anyone interested, I am selling all items off. It isn't practical to try to do that on widely varying platforms, and this platform really shouldn't be used for selling items even if some folks are interested. So I'm primarily relying on eBay, and email to engage interested buyers.
Just checked Ebay and I see a few of your items up there - I'll definitely be checking regularly to see when you post new stuff!

Also, out of curiosity, do you mean you're selling ALL of your items or just duplicates and stuff you're trying to unload?