Old 01-21-2020, 01:06 PM
Mad Child

Default Missing Interview

I stumbled upon a clip from an 2018 interview where Beastie Boys were interviewed by LL Cool J on his Rock The Bells siriusXM station. I can't find it anywhere and even looked through the forums archives for maybe a link or something. I mean, LL Cool J and Z Trip interviewing Mike and Adam is like a dream... and I can't find it anywhere. Damn. Here's the clip that I found and if anyone has any info on where we could possibly hear the full deal please let me know. I have Sirius XM and listen to Rock the Bells all the time but they never replay old interviews.

https://www.okayplayer.com/music/bea...ll-cool-j.html

Thats insane, you're stupid...you should sleep late man, it's just much easier on your constitution.

Old 01-21-2020, 06:37 PM
R.I.P. Brooklyn

Default Re: Missing Interview

yeah, i think i posted about the same thing when the interview actually happened but couldn't get anything. Are there archives on the sirius website at all?

I was also hoping the live LL bboys interview for pauls boutique anniversary would appear but nothing man NOTHING!!!!
Old 01-22-2020, 11:00 AM
Mad Child

Yeah man, what a bummer! I checked the sirius archives and there were dead links. So at some point they had them up but they seem to be gone. Just thinking about the three of those guys sitting around talking about the old days is just... damn. What a shame we can't hear it. Thanks for the reply!

Thats insane, you're stupid...you should sleep late man, it's just much easier on your constitution.

Old 01-22-2020, 02:51 PM
space cake cookie

this was a great interview. too short but very good. def a mutual admiration/respect and interesting cause they were in same circles but i didn't get the sense they were super close back in the day. i recall LL maybe saying some negative stuff about their antics on that one tour with whodini, LL, etc..

i figured it would stick in the sirius RTB's archives but nope it's gone and that's too bad. i hope they bring it back one day or make available.

thank you adam adam & mike

Old 01-22-2020, 09:38 PM
Mad Child

Yup. LL did an interview back in the 80's where he was upset that the Beasties would tear up the stage with the beer and the women and stuff. He thought they brought a negative attention that detracted from his own set. The interview is all over youtube, I saw it years ago.

One little anecdote I may as well throw in here... I was at the Garden for the show that eventually became Awesome I Fucking Shot That. That same night I distinctly remember LL Cool J playing Radio City Music Hall. I thought that was the coolest thing ever that these two icons from Def Jam who made their bones back in the fucking mid 80's were still selling out major venues in NY twenty years later. And here they are thirty years after that talking about their careers and still doing big things. Two of the best of all time. No doubt about it. It's a farce that 2pac and Biggie are in the HOF but LL isn't.

Old 01-22-2020, 10:15 PM
space cake cookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm0ney View Post
It's a farce that 2pac and Biggie are in the HOF but LL isn't.
love what you said. i have a playlist called together forever and it's LL, Beasties, Run DMC and PE. only songs from LTI, Nation, Raising Hell and B&D. arguably each made much better tracks on any one of their other records but there was something very special about these years, this time, those records. i had rap cassettes from before these came out but those 4 albums are when for me i absolutely was locked and loaded and truly fell in love with this music and culture and all that stuff everyone here already knows. beasties of course my fav.

anyway total shame LL not in hall.

thank you adam adam & mike