Old 11-04-2019, 02:58 PM
www.beastiemania.com

Default FS: Tibetan Freedom Concert Prints

On behalf of a friend who worked at Grand Royal:

Beastie Boys 1996 “Tibetan Freedom Concert” Limited Edition Serigraph *Signed Rare 1st Edition Artist Proof*.

Erin Potts and The Milarepa Fund commissioned artist Jim Evans (T.A.Z.) to do a series of limited edition serigraphs for the San Francisco, New York City, and Washington D.C. events.

Tibetan Freedom Concert featuring: Beastie Boys, Smashing Pumpkins, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters, Rage Against the Machine, Tribe Called Quest, Pavement, Sonic Youth, Beck, Bjork, and much, much more! - silkscreen concert poster

This 28”x35” limited edition serigraph is from the original 1996 limited edition first run (not the reissue from a few years ago) and is also a super rare “Artist Proof” for the inaugural Tibetan Freedom Concert in San Francisco, Polo Fields, Golden Gate Park, June 15–16, 1996. It is signed by the artist, Jim Evans (T.A.Z.), in the bottom right corner and there is the “AP” in the bottom left corner for “Artist Proof.”

Provenance: I worked with the Beastie Boys at Grand Royal in the 90s and just discovered this silk-screened poster in a poster tube while cleaning out my storage space. It is in immaculate condition. This original artist proof is ultra-rare.

If you have any questions please ask. Please check my other Beastie Boys listings.

Artist: TAZ

Venue: Golden Gate Park

Concert Date: 6/15-16/1996

Size: 28" x 35"

Condition: Mint

Notes: Signed and numbered by the artist in pencil. This silkscreen poster is on medium weight white colored paper.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/202804632177