Old 08-31-2006, 11:30 AM

Default Mc Serch tries to Join Bboys?

I knew about the beef the Bboys and 3rd Bass had, but I read on wikipedia that MC Serch tried to join the group unsuccessfully. Does anyone know more about this? How did he go about trying to join?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3rd_Bass

Its like a Oo la la, Oo Oo la la, rhymin' over old breaks like a Mardis Gras

Old 08-31-2006, 11:37 AM
Da Pranksta

Default Re: Mc Serch tries to Join Bboys?

They have yearly auditions in a top secret location somewhere's around brooklyn. It is on the same date every year. I believe it is held on April 20th. Well search decided back in 1994 he wanted to join a very successful band but got shot down with a quickness after they, the Bboys, notice he had on parachute pants and pennyloafers.

"The chocolate easter bunny is like crack cocaine to a child."

-Mike D

Old 08-31-2006, 12:01 PM
Change your direction

Professor Booty killed them with class. 3rd Bass can eat big ass. Clowns that tried to be down after they signed to Def Jam. Peace to Beastie Boys.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pootytang
They have yearly auditions in a top secret location somewhere's around brooklyn. It is on the same date every year. I believe it is held on April 20th. Well search decided back in 1994 he wanted to join a very successful band but got shot down with a quickness after they, the Bboys, notice he had on parachute pants and pennyloafers.
As funny as that was, I don't think thats how it really went down.

Its like a Oo la la, Oo Oo la la, rhymin' over old breaks like a Mardis Gras

Old 08-31-2006, 05:09 PM
Scientist

For those not in the know, this website is like the BeastieMania of 3rd Bass: http://www.thirdbass.net/

With the Message Board and everything...
Old 08-31-2006, 06:17 PM
Change your direction

Even if Mike D had said before that he was sure if Beastie Boys hadn't emerged when they did, someone else would have, nobody can do it quite like them. Fuck the flash in the pans. Thank you, Beastie Boys, for continually being creative and invoking thought and feeling in me.

I found this in my little snoop across cyber space today. Hammer put a hit out on 3rd Bass. Don't know how much truth there is to this since it is from another message board but it is interesting.

from http://forums.televisionwithoutpity....=3119288&st=30

Anyway, the story is that 3rd Bass dissed Hammer pretty hard in the video for "The Gas Face," and EPMD, Flavor Flav, Run-DMC, and others joined in the fun. But what Hammer got really heated about was Pete Nice's lyric that "The cactus turned Hammer's mother out," which was less a ya mama joke and more a play on Hammer's song "Turn This Mutha Out" (which, by the way, was a dope song). But Hammer took it as a mama joke and contacted his brother, Louis Burrell, who was still fairly criminally connected. When 3rd Bass headed out to LA to do promotions and whatnot, Louis contacted some high-ranking Crips and put the hit out on 3rd Bass, then contacted Russell Simmons to let him know that his latest signees would be dead soon. Russell pleaded, Louis said the hit couldn't be called off (though he did offer to "only break their legs so you can still film them for TV from the waist up"), then finally, through Mike Concepcion, a deal was struck wherein he (Mike) would assign a Crip to protect 3rd Bass in exchange for a seat next to Michael Jackson at that year's American Music Awards. And so it was.

Serch even tells the story of how he thought the whole hit thing was bullshit and kind of resented having this Crip accompany them everywhere, so finally, at the mall, the Crip says, "Fine, if you want to deal with your public, go ahead," and walked around the corner. As soon as he did, all sorts of guys started tying bandanas over their faces, pulling guns, and coming after them until the Crip guy whistled at the other Crips and got them to stop, at which point the guns and bandanas got put away, and everybody who was about to shoot them said, "We really like your music."

Pretty good story, huh? I mean who would've thought Hammer could've gotten 3rd Bass killed and that as a result, Mike Concepcion ended up sitting next to Michael Jackson at the AMAs. That's some Too Hot for TV shit right there, but I'm not really faulting VH1 for neglecting such a story. it would've been great if they told it, though.

Last edited by wrongwayandugg : 08-31-2006 at 06:27 PM.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:41 PM
Current Member

RE:The thread. I'd say somebody is being a little zealous with the truth there. Wikipedia is good like that.

Shout at the Devil!

Old 09-01-2006, 04:23 AM

[quote=wrongwayandugg]Even if Mike D had said before that he was sure if Beastie Boys hadn't emerged when they did, someone else would have, nobody can do it quite like them. Fuck the flash in the pans. /QUOTE]

Are you serious? I'd hardly call 3rd Bass 'flash in the pans', they are one of the most influential middle-school hip-hop groups around. Also, MC Serch's first 12" dropped in '86, so it's not like they were new jacks when they blew up a few years later. Both Serch and Pete Nice went on to do some excellent solo albums.

The kids on here who say stuff like "ZOMG THRID BASE SUX LOL11" don't know jack shit about hip-hop. Seriously, have any of you guys actually heard any 3rd Bass/Serch/Pete Nice albums or heard MC Serch freestyle? And i'm sorry to say this, but Serch would kill any of the Beasties in a battle.

Edit: And that thing on wikipedia about him 'trying to join' the Beastie Boys is bullshit.

"Got fat basslines like Paul B steals bootlegs"

Last edited by splatter-house : 09-01-2006 at 04:26 AM.
Old 09-01-2006, 04:47 AM
Banned

K-Fed tries to join Public Enemy
Old 09-01-2006, 11:10 AM
Change your direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatter-house
The kids on here who say stuff like "ZOMG THRID BASE SUX LOL11" don't know jack shit about hip-hop. Seriously, have any of you guys actually heard any 3rd Bass/Serch/Pete Nice albums or heard MC Serch freestyle? And i'm sorry to say this, but Serch would kill any of the Beasties in a battle.

3rd Bass can eat big ass.
Old 09-01-2006, 12:08 PM
Banned

hell yeah, (ok, i like eating big ass too) let's say third bass can eat big face, HA!
Old 09-01-2006, 12:12 PM
Jmoney like Newcleus

WOW! news to me!

Yo money, don't chump yourself. Put that shit back on the shelf
Light rays blazin' you're out of phase and my crews amazin
We're working on the record J so stay patient.-MCA

Old 09-01-2006, 12:24 PM
Current Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongwayandugg
3rd Bass can eat big ass.
I can respect an opinion, but perhaps your hate is based only on Professor Booty? Cause I mean, 3rd Bass were pretty good in their day, man.

Shout at the Devil!

Old 09-01-2006, 12:38 PM
a

yes.

i like them.

cant understand this shit, they better be proud to be one of the first white rap performers. well they are either way

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurdBerglar
rap sucks

Old 09-01-2006, 04:59 PM
FEVER RECORDS

i remember an article where Mike D said that MC Search used to his house and hang out with them and by the end of the night, they would kick the crap out of him and throw him out of the house somewhere in queens.

catch the FEVER! Get Fever t-shirts just like the ones the BEASTIE BOYS wore on the VH1 HIP HOP HONOR 2006 AWARDS!! www.FEVERRECORDS.com

Old 09-01-2006, 08:15 PM

Serch was recording long before 3rd Bass' Def Jam days. Both of them were pretty nice. Serch is working on releasing some of the tracks that he and Pete Nice recorded back in 1999/2000 when there were talks of a reunion.
Old 09-02-2006, 02:37 AM
Banned

MC Serch is like a baby moose!