Old 04-27-2011, 10:52 PM
I'm flowing prose to cons

Default Beasties Running teh show. ;)

I didn't know House of Pain was kicked off their tour? Anybody remember this? And did they do it to anybody else? Just curious!

http://youtu.be/h0SnyZ8cSII

ps- I love the way Mike just coolly said you know not all groups can fit into that.

I'll never turn back 'cause that's the way I've got to live.....

https://twitter.com/beastieboysnews

Old 04-28-2011, 12:13 AM
crazy sniffable

Default Re: Beasties Running teh show. ;)

rad video, never seen any of those interviews before. sounds to me like it was Mike D that House of Pain had some trouble getting along with (according to Danny Boy singling out Adrock and MCA as cool guys).

If you take yourself too seriously, then you end up Al Di Meola. (I hate that guy)

that's great.

it's just 2 wheels and me, the wind in eyes...

Old 04-28-2011, 12:29 AM
One Fly Gemini

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLovesMCA View Post
I didn't know House of Pain was kicked off their tour? Anybody remember this? And did they do it to anybody else? Just curious!

http://youtu.be/h0SnyZ8cSII

ps- I love the way Mike just coolly said you know not all groups can fit into that.
Yeah when you got to the venue, it had a sign that said "House of Pain will not be performing tonight"....the word of mouth rumor back then was that Mike D beat up Everlast. A lot of people that had tickets saw the sign and left...too bad it was great Beastie Boys show..my first one. L7 Rocked the house too! Here's my ticket stub.

In all fairness, House of Pain was blowing up back then so they should've headlined their own tour...dude was cocky back then.

They still have mad love for Beastie Boys...I happen to be an Everlast fan (I'll take the heat for that), he dropped a verse on one of his solo albums "I'm crazy like the Beastie Boys but still dusted".

Danny Boy posted a photo of them a month ago on his fb page

I love the La Coka Nostra stuff. Oh and low behold, House Of Pain's 20th Anniversary tour has them backed up with live instruments so he can longer say "the similarities end there".

"We're the Beastie Boys from New York City, this song is dedicated to Macy" - Adrock introducing "Gratitude" at Virgin Festival.

Macy (Jan 3, 2000 - Aug 3, 2007)

http://www.facebook.com/daveblev

Old 04-28-2011, 04:36 AM

I seem to remember a article with HOP talking about how they bought all these guns on the tour stop (AK-47's, 9 Mils, etc...) and they brought them on the B-Boys bus. All of the B-Boys flipped.

Whomever was telling the story said HOP should of been called the Beastie Boys because they were more manly... or some shit.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:52 AM

Good they sucked, don't know where the new found respect for them has come from, I always remember them being considered fake and wack and probably more responsible than the Beasties are for Limp Bizkit and ICP and every other fat goaty beard alpha as fuck white rapper. I'd kick them just for their anti abortion lyric in All My Love.

no

Last edited by Odie : 04-28-2011 at 04:57 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:04 AM
Mad Child

Its just funny to me watching basically every white rapper not named the Beastie Boys get interviewed and they are just trying so fucking hard to be black. Its hysterical.

Thats insane, you're stupid...you should sleep late man, it's just much easier on your constitution.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:10 AM
Adrock

Havnt seen that, good work girl !

Back On The Mic Its The Anti-Depressor

www.youtube.com/lauriehammy

Old 04-28-2011, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm0ney View Post
Its just funny to me watching basically every white rapper not named the Beastie Boys get interviewed and they are just trying so fucking hard to be black. Its hysterical.
the house of pain never thought they were black. if you listen to their first album, all they talked about was being IRISH and proud. i loved the house of pain. dj muggs and dj lethal had great beats. also the "jump around" remix by pete rock is CLASSIC!

the bottom line of them getting kicked off was strictly based on they did not fit in.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:25 AM
Mad Child

Im not saying they weren't proud Irish guys. They acted like they were black. Theres a distinction.

Thats insane, you're stupid...you should sleep late man, it's just much easier on your constitution.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:20 AM
I'm flowing prose to cons

Quote:
Yeah when you got to the venue, it had a sign that said "House of Pain will not be performing tonight"....the word of mouth rumor back then was that Mike D beat up Everlast. A lot of people that had tickets saw the sign and left...too bad it was great Beastie Boys show..my first one. L7 Rocked the house too! Here's my ticket stub.

Nice! Really cool you still have that ticket stub to that. Honestly I am surprised they didn’t go off on a tangent for being kicked off. Usually that’s what you get so I gotta give them props for that. And if Everlast isn’t letting the past get the better of him then good for him. I ain’t gonna lie I still own a cassette copy of their debut album and use to play the Shit Kickers song all the time. Of course they don’t hold a candle to the Beasties so if Mike wants you gone then BYE BYE!!!

Quote:

I don’t know what it is but a lot of them maybe tried too hard and Beasties just somehow fell into it naturally. And after LTI they spent a lot of time solidifying themselves as musicians where else everybody else was still trying to ride on the fame they had from before. They didn’t evolve is what I am saying I guess.

I'll never turn back 'cause that's the way I've got to live.....

https://twitter.com/beastieboysnews

Old 04-28-2011, 10:51 AM
crazy sniffable

the coolest shit they ever had was the beat for jump around. but even that was produced by DJ Muggs. one hit wonders for sure.

it's just 2 wheels and me, the wind in eyes...

Old 04-28-2011, 11:25 AM
One Fly Gemini

Their album Same As It Ever Was was produced by DJ Muggs and has some nice tracks on it, a collabo with Diamond D stands out. They bit a line from "Slow Ride" for the chorus of the title track "can't pay attention cause I'm on that dust".

They released Truth Crush From Earth Shall Rise Again in '96 and that's probably their best one IMHO, it has guest appearances from Guru, Sadat X, and brings back The Divine Styler. It was self produced. This around the time that Cypress Hill had beef with them and kicked them out of the Soul Assassin's because they didn't want Muggs producing it. Of course, Lethal sold out and joined Limp Shitkiz, so he lost all cred (if he had any) for that. Then again, NYHC drummer alumni Sammy Siegler played drums on one of the Limp Shitty albums, he gets heckled all the time at the Rival Schools/Gorilla Biscuits show for this.

Everlast and HOP is back with the Soul Assassins now, plus him and Ice T squashed the beef from when he was in Rhyme Syndicate. I love La Coka Nostra though..Ev, Danny Boy, Slaine, and Ill Bill.

Jump Around 2011

"We're the Beastie Boys from New York City, this song is dedicated to Macy" - Adrock introducing "Gratitude" at Virgin Festival.

Last edited by facedownfall : 04-28-2011 at 11:29 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by facedownfall View Post
Haha. Everlast ain't jumpin' around so much any more.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:13 PM
FUCK TRUMP

From what I read back in the day, they asked HOP to leave the tour because of too much party and bullshit from them. HOP had thought they were still in LTI tour mode. They didnt want all night party distractions coming from anyone on the tour and wanted everyone to keep it low-key. From of read on HOP's part, they were pretty pissed since they had a lot of respect for the Boys, and they felt dissed by it.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:46 PM
One Fly Gemini

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith7800 View Post
Haha. Everlast ain't jumpin' around so much any more.
That's because he's the new version of the Heart Attack Man, since he almost died from one in '97.

Old 04-28-2011, 03:20 PM
the illiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder D View Post
From what I read back in the day, they asked HOP to leave the tour because of too much party and bullshit from them. HOP had thought they were still in LTI tour mode. They didnt want all night party distractions coming from anyone on the tour and wanted everyone to keep it low-key. From of read on HOP's part, they were pretty pissed since they had a lot of respect for the Boys, and they felt dissed by it.
thats exactly how it went
Old 04-28-2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by facedownfall View Post
That's because he's the new version of the Heart Attack Man, since he almost died from one in '97.
He should probably change his stage name.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:21 AM
drop the L when I'm skiin

Everlast is cool. Esp, nowdays cuz he's old lol. Aren't we all *sigh*
We all did dumb shit when we we're young. I was a real asshole in my late teens early 20's. How much different were the Beastie Boys in the License to Ill era than HOP with their debut? Not much I'd wager. Besides how 'in fashion' guns became in rap music by then, it was really a different world, commercialized by then. Transforming, like The Boys were. It was a different scene. The Beastie's defined themselves and were the first to be doing it. They planted the seeds and helped the roots grow. By the time HOP dropped Jump Around, hip hop had grown into a different kind of music. And the Beasties were over that crazy shit. Like most of us are now, no time or patience for that BS. Imagine if HOP had been kicked off a coupel years later, they would have had to make an Official Diss Track lol.

in one of the Beasties VHS releases, I think it was 'Skills to Pay the Bills", they show a close up of Ad Rocks guitar as he's playing and it has the House of Pain Fine Malt Lyrics logo sticker on it.

Beasties were timeless, their music classic. Now days 99 percent of music sounds dated. It's forgotten as soon as something shiner comes along.

I like some of everlast new stuff. 'Get By' is cool.. But E looks like Drew Carey http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXLmt6i-hBY

But the Boys are timeless. 100 years from now. Kids, friggin 7 year olds and teensagers hear that shit and go nuts. Gonna let the my kids spend the summer diggin thru my crates of Beastie boys records and let them mess around with the turn tables, blow the dust off, let them play around. The old samplers and shit. Can't wait.

"What is pleasing to the eye. In the delusion of my sight. Is not what I find when I reach into the light. I have lost my mind. I'm walking though time. Deluded as the next guy. Pretending and hoping to find. That distant peace of mind."

Old 06-07-2012, 10:13 AM
Music est. 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLovesMCA View Post
I love this interview. Especially Mike D's part about taking yourself too seriously.

Who wants to be "Dick Clark? Not him"

House of Pain has some good beats, Life Goes On, Shamrocks And Shenanigans (Butch Vig Mix), Put your head out, Guess Who's Back.

Some of they lyrics are corny ("you call me a skin head, I call you pin head") and like someone else already stated they are dated.

I also don't mind some of Everlasts solo stuff. But nothing I would be proud to play in front of friends or at a party.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:29 AM

Everlast just quit the music biz due to his daughter having Cystic Fibrosis.

I've never been the biggest fan, but I respect him leaving the game to deal with his family issues.

From what I hear he's going to dedicate his time with his daughter and getting Cystic Fibrosis awareness.

So... Props.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:47 PM
crazyobessionw/bboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother McDuff View Post
sounds to me like it was Mike D that House of Pain had some trouble getting along with (according to Danny Boy singling out Adrock and MCA as cool guys).
Yeah i was like, whats up with that?
i wonder if Mike actually fought one of the HOP members like someone mentioned...

I Love Adam Yauch.
I truly lost apart of myself.
Rap in peace my beautiful friend.

Old 06-08-2012, 02:47 AM
crazyobessionw/bboys

Now that i no longer like HOP, i dislike Oprah now too...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJAGJ...eature=related

I Love Adam Yauch.
I truly lost apart of myself.
Rap in peace my beautiful friend.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasties#1fan View Post

lol

i just want to say for the record, that i love the werd "teh"

You have the influence to make much-needed changes to improve the lives of these chickens

Old 06-08-2012, 03:15 AM
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasties#1fan View Post
Dude, this was 25 years ago....and Oprah is just doing her chat show host thing. This is pretty much the way any mainstream chat show from BITD would portray the Beasties....not that I'm an Oprah fan though!

Jello got it though

"my name is MCA and I still do what I please"

"For the rest of my lifetimes and even beyond, I vow to do my best to do no harm"

Last edited by sab0tage : 06-08-2012 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Some awesome haircuts in that clip!
Old 06-08-2012, 03:16 AM

*Back in the day

You have the influence to make much-needed changes to improve the lives of these chickens

Old 06-08-2012, 05:31 AM
Funky Boss

I love that Oprah clip. Its a hilarious discussion!

http://www.youtube.com/user/hwgavin