Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   Sure Shots (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The Family Album (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=153)

paul jones 08-30-2010 04:13 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 1741702)
from what i can recall the story went that i was drunk, saw a thing and said "i bet i could put that on my head"

i was right

good work bob(y)

Lex Diamonds 08-31-2010 10:48 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
Notting Hill Carnival = serias ting




Walking past the police, smokin a fat one


Got to have the jerk chicken (with rice an peas, seen)

DipDipDive 09-01-2010 12:02 AM

Re: The Family Album
 
oh hi good to see you i'm in love k bye


Lyman Zerga 09-01-2010 07:11 AM

Re: The Family Album
 
and he got hair this time!

ericlee 09-01-2010 05:40 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Padster (Post 1741827)
Walking past the police, smokin a fat one

British cops are probably the least intimidating looking force in the whole world.

Helvete 09-01-2010 06:28 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
That's a good thing, right? Granted, the fluorescent jackets are pretty faggy, but without them, they look pretty standard.

Lex Diamonds 09-01-2010 06:30 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericlee (Post 1741911)
British cops are probably the least intimidating looking force in the whole world.

You say that like it's a bad thing? Stoopid Yanks.

camo 09-01-2010 06:45 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
Hobby Bobby's

ericlee 09-01-2010 06:50 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Padster (Post 1741919)
You say that like it's a bad thing? Stoopid Yanks.

I didn't say it's a bad thing. I know how they work during riots and that's pretty impressive.

But just regular uniformed officers there look like our crossing guards and mall cops. Tourists and non-locals would come up to them and ask for directions rather than security related issues.

One main key to successful criminal deterrent is officer presence and British cops just don't have it. I'm sure if you're from there, it's a different story.

camo 09-01-2010 06:54 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
It was a carnival. A joyous celebration. There was no need to arrive in full riot gear because our police don't assume everything will end in blood shed and controversy.

Our police tell us the time and assist in everyday matters.

ericlee 09-01-2010 07:22 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by camo (Post 1741927)
It was a carnival. A joyous celebration. There was no need to arrive in full riot gear because our police don't assume everything will end in blood shed and controversy.

Our police tell us the time and assist in everyday matters.

I'm not specifically referring to that event. I'm saying the british police in general. Their uniforms aren't that deterring to anyone not from there. That's all.

Actually it's a good thing during that event. Nobody wants to be out having a good time with cops on the sideline with full riot gear. It's kind of a buzzkill.

Lex Diamonds 09-01-2010 07:30 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
Actually one of the most effective things the police here do is try and make themselves approachable, both in communities and at large events. This means an improved dialogue between the force and the general population and helps to decrease negative feeling towards, and defiance of, the police.

Walking around with stupid mirrored shades and your hand on your gun on the other hand, makes people wanna shoot you.

Helvete 09-01-2010 07:43 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
Well I never, Padster sticking up for the cops! I also hate to say he's right also.

Bob 09-01-2010 07:55 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericlee (Post 1741934)
I'm not specifically referring to that event. I'm saying the british police in general. Their uniforms aren't that deterring to anyone not from there. That's all.

i'm guessing though that british criminals understand that if a cop catches them committing a crime they'll still be dealt with, colorful jacket or no

Lex Diamonds 09-01-2010 08:18 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Helvete (Post 1741937)
Well I never, Padster sticking up for the cops! I also hate to say he's right also.

My hate for American ignorance outweighs my hate for British police. Not by much, but slightly.

Lex Diamonds 09-01-2010 08:19 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 1741943)
i'm guessing though that british criminals understand that if a cop catches them committing a crime they'll still be dealt with, colorful jacket or no

Exactly. The law is the law, if you're going to break it then don't get caught.

It makes no difference whether the person arresting you made the wrestling team back in high school.

Bob 09-01-2010 08:24 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Padster (Post 1741946)
My hate for American ignorance outweighs my hate for British police. Not by much, but slightly.

what about american police?

Echewta 09-01-2010 08:27 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
Can we ship Texas to England for awhile? Maybe a few years? We can keep Scotland in exchange.

Lex Diamonds 09-01-2010 08:27 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 1741953)
what about american police?

Some of the most ignorant motherfuckers out there.

ericlee 09-01-2010 08:33 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Padster (Post 1741949)
Exactly. The law is the law, if you're going to break it then don't get caught.

It makes no difference whether the person arresting you made the wrestling team back in high school.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Padster
Walking past the police, smokin a fat one

So, if a cop decided to stop you for smoking a fat one, would you still be defending them as you are?

Lex Diamonds 09-01-2010 08:35 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
I don't think you understand my point. I don't have a problem with the police because I know they're never gonna catch me, but they keep the idiots off the streets. I've probably broken more laws than I've obeyed but I've done it smart. As long as they're not up in my shit then I'll respect them.

ericlee 09-01-2010 08:45 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Padster (Post 1741963)
I don't think you understand my point. I don't have a problem with the police because I know they're never gonna catch me, but they keep the idiots off the streets. I've probably broken more laws than I've obeyed but I've done it smart. As long as they're not up in my shit then I'll respect them.

Good luck with all of that but still, Brit cops look like Americas crossing guards. It's all I have to say.

ericlee 09-01-2010 08:51 PM

Re: The Family Album
 



Lex Diamonds 09-01-2010 08:58 PM

Re: The Family Album
 



taquitos 09-01-2010 09:19 PM

Re: The Family Album
 

BBboy20 09-01-2010 10:47 PM

Re: The Family Album
 

ericlee 09-01-2010 11:38 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
Hello, jolly good sir, Don't mind me, We're just merely walking past you whilst smoking a fat fuckng joint.

ericlee 09-01-2010 11:40 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
a fat one at that, jolly good champ. As a matter of fact, I don't recall your moms left buttocks being as fat as this joint in which we are going to pass to each other as friends,

ericlee 09-01-2010 11:43 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
but your mom's buttocks are rather scrumptious. Please don't refer me as a non-friend for making this assumption.

Echewta 09-02-2010 02:24 AM

Re: The Family Album
 




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2020 Beastie Boys