Beastie Boys Message Board

Beastie Boys Message Board (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/index.php)
-   Sure Shots (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The Family Album (http://bbs.beastieboys.com/showthread.php?t=153)

RaZoRbLaDe KiSs 10-18-2007 03:32 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorothy Wood (Post 1524188)
because it's stupid to pay that much for a t-shirt, especially a stooges one. and if you don't know why, then you can't be helped.


and it's ragSTOCK, razor. also the Alley and Ragstock are not downtown. they're right down the street from me at this very moment. I'm know I'm kind of being a bitch, but I'm just trying to help you. the Alley is pretty much a joke, everyone here knows that tourists and suburbanites...and I suppose goths and industrial dorks are the only ones who go there. (unless you're looking for halloween stuffs).

you just seem like a creative person and I've seen your different styles over the years and it's really just an obvious progression. I understand you can like those bands and be really into them...but diving so deep so fast into dressing "punk" basically makes you a poser...especially since like a year ago you were totally into ted nugent. I just think you should make your own way instead of buying stupid crap at hot topic.

ahhh, sorry, I'm just really touchy about this subject. punk is fascinating, it really is, when I was a kid in the 80's, my older step-sister was punk, she had pink hair and chucks, yadda yadda. I loved it. but you know, even after all the hot topics were built, it was still kinda fun...but now fucking burberry has studded belts and leather jackets, it's time to stop now.

you should just go ahead and start getting into hardcore. that's what comes next.

"Downtown" to me does not necessarily mean the drive or the magnificent mile - Im talking about the whole Chicago area. I know where both the Alley and ragSTOCK are.(I looked it up online and it said whatever I put down on google maps. I wasnt even sure what the name of the store was and had a hard time finding it because no one remembered where it was but I know it was near the Alley/Wrigleyville.)

I've been to the Alley once and didnt buy anything. They've got too much metal/goth rock shit for my taste but I did see a Run DMC tshirt I wanted there, hence the reason for me wanting to go back.

I have had a really big array of styles over the years, but Im not "jumping" into the sex pistols.. I've been into them for a long time. My cousin got me listening to Punk when I was 11 years old but I started off with Anti-Flag, Misfits, Pennywise, etc, and just got into the sex pistols, ramones, iggy, buzzcocks, etc.. a few years ago. I have Nevermind the Bullocks and God save the queen on CD, and I've had them for years, so I dont see how im "jumping into" them, or the punk scene, since punk is pretty much one of the first types of music I remember listening to besides oldies, and 70's/80's rock.

Dont judge me on my age. Im a stupid kid, but im a lot more educated, especially music wise, then most of the little mouth breeders running around today.

I dont catergorize myself as "punk". I hate people who fucking catergorize. One day I dress in all black, the next day I dress like a prep, and the next day I'll rock a hoodie with a ghetto blaster on it, and a Easy E shirt. I just like a TON of music in general and im not a close minded idiot who limits thier self to being one "style" or "catergory". Catergories are for eleventeen year olds. They've never been my thing.

So are you trying to say that I cant POSSIBLY like Ted Nugent, the Sex Pistols, The Beastie Boys/the trillion other bands I like at the moment - all at the same time??? Right.. like I siad. It doesnt work like that for me. Music is my thing. I like everything. Just because I say "Oh man I really really love this band!" at the moment - doesnt mean I dont like other bands too. Me liking Ted Nugent a year ago has nothing to do with me liking punk. Thats just stupid. Wtf does Nugent have to do with this anyways?

Just because people are like "Oh he sucks" doesnt mean im going to stop liking him, or any other band they say that about for that matter. If you think im that big of an idiot please.. you can get yo big..

I dont shop at Hot Topic. I havent shopped at Hot Topic in years. I got a gift card for that store two Christmas's ago, and I JUST used it now on my Misfits shirt. But I guess I cant like them right now, seeing as how Im obsessed with the sex pistols.. I guess I should turn off Alanis Morisette right now too.

Do you know me at all? I really dont think so. I love how you assume that im just jumping right into this. Like I just thought "hey im gonna like the sex pistols and punk today! yeah!" Not really.. I've been into the scene for a long time. Were you not around when I was posting pictures of myself with purple hair and studs and all that shit?? If anything I've mellowed myself out.

Im not going to start ripping up my clothes and liberty spiking my hair because of sex pistols or the punk scene. I like a couple of bands. Im not a fucking zombie idiot - for the love of christ!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpdrifter (Post 1524227)
Who cares where she wants to shop or how she wants to dress.

I think its great that she's exploring. How's she supposed to know what her style is without trying different things?

When I was her age I didn't have that self-awareness or adventurousness. I just wanted to look like everyone else. Sad but true.

Hallejuler!! <3

Lyman Zerga 10-18-2007 03:40 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RaZoRbLaDe KiSs (Post 1524336)
im not a close minded idiot who limits thier self to being one "style" or "catergory". Catergories are for eleventeen year olds. They've never been my thing.

good

Auton 10-18-2007 03:42 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
,

DandyFop 10-18-2007 03:47 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
this is one gay argument

RaZoRbLaDe KiSs 10-18-2007 03:55 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
sometimes I think this is one gay board!

Dorothy Wood 10-18-2007 05:47 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
alright, well, you've got it all figured out then. I'm just sayin', downtown is a teensy part of chicago, basically what's called the loop and the near surroundings.

http://www.wildonions.org/Neighborhoods.jpg



sorry, I suppose I probably just thought you were too young to be into punk to begin with. and that's not fair. if you like it, you like it. it's not my place to say you can't like all kinds of things. I'm just kind of a jerk. and I'm pissed off that people make fun of my earmuffs.

RaZoRbLaDe KiSs 10-18-2007 08:57 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
I just dont like it when people judge me because of my age. I was raised by a lot of different people and a lot of different cultures/music so I have a good array when it comes to shit I like. And yes, punk has been something I've been into for a very very long time.

You gotta give some of us kids respect. I understand that theres a buncha brainless tards out there these days that say "like zomg! i like, totally love brittney spears and hollister, and like omg do you want some starbucks!? tee hee! soulja boy! yeah!"
but im NOT one of them. Im not THAT young... okay maybe a bit. Im 18! I've been around for a WHILE! lol not to mention I was brought up as a 80's rock kid into 70's punk/disco/easy listening, 60's hippy shit, 50's rat pack... I am diverse. Tis a good way to live.

And I say you rock the shit outta those earmuffs (y)

sercomdj01 10-18-2007 09:05 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorothy Wood (Post 1524188)
because it's stupid to pay that much for a t-shirt, especially a stooges one. and if you don't know why, then you can't be helped.


I like the stooges alot. Infact they're my favourite band. Id seen them live for the second time just 2 weeks before. I had just been payed a hefty sum of money. I got student discount so didn't have to pay full price. I thought "why not"
I spent the same amount on a rolling stones tshirt 5 years ago and it still looks as good now as when i got it. If it lasts its worth the cash. I like clothes. You can spend 30 on a dress and that'll be cheap.

Drederick Tatum 10-18-2007 09:13 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RaZoRbLaDe KiSs (Post 1524336)
Im a stupid kid, but im a lot more educated, especially music wise, then most of the little mouth breeders running around today.

I think it's mouth breather.

Bob 10-18-2007 09:26 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drederick Tatum (Post 1524405)
I think it's mouth breather.

haha

g-mile7 10-18-2007 09:33 PM

Re: pardon the whoring, i just got a shiny new camera
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey (Post 1524027)

he's cute! look at how cute he is! super cute.

that last pic reminds me of a music video.



Thats a nice pic Paulie, very album cover-esque

Knuckles 10-18-2007 09:33 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
I do enjoy a good mouth breeder every once in awhile though.

g-mile7 10-18-2007 09:33 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 1524410)
haha

good god I just NOW got your avatar hahaha

RaZoRbLaDe KiSs 10-18-2007 09:54 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drederick Tatum (Post 1524405)
I think it's mouth breather.

Perhaps. Or Perhaps not. Who knows.

russhie 10-19-2007 12:31 AM

Re: The Family Album
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RaZoRbLaDe KiSs (Post 1524399)
You gotta give some of us kids respect. I understand that theres a buncha brainless tards out there these days that say "like zomg! i like, totally love brittney spears and hollister, and like omg do you want some starbucks!? tee hee! soulja boy! yeah!"
but im NOT one of them. Im not THAT young... okay maybe a bit. Im 18! I've been around for a WHILE! lol not to mention I was brought up as a 80's rock kid into 70's punk/disco/easy listening, 60's hippy shit, 50's rat pack... I am diverse. Tis a good way to live.

And I say you rock the shit outta those earmuffs (y)

Don't you think it's a tiny bit ignorant to label anyone who enjoys Ms Spear's music as a"braindead tard"?

You expouse your love of music at great length, and say you're a tolerant and open minded person, yet believe that people who enjoy aspects of popular culture aren't as worthy as you because you know where Iggy bloody Pop is from?

THIS is why 'kids' don't deserve a higher level of respect. You'll crack the shits when someone barely hints your supposed lack of musical knowledge and defend they way you dress and your musical taste vehmenently - which is all very amusing - but this also shows you up as everything you claim not to be.

Carry on.

russhie 10-19-2007 12:32 AM

Re: The Family Album
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RaZoRbLaDe KiSs (Post 1524421)
Perhaps. Or Perhaps not. Who knows.

Mr Tatum knows.

Auton 10-19-2007 01:15 AM

Re: The Family Album
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by russhie (Post 1524463)
Don't you think it's a tiny bit ignorant to label anyone who enjoys Ms Spear's music as a"braindead tard"?

You expouse your love of music at great length, and say you're a tolerant and open minded person, yet believe that people who enjoy aspects of popular culture aren't as worthy as you because you know where Iggy bloody Pop is from?

THIS is why 'kids' don't deserve a higher level of respect. You'll crack the shits when someone barely hints your supposed lack of musical knowledge and defend they way you dress and your musical taste vehmenently - which is all very amusing - but this also shows you up as everything you claim not to be.

Carry on.

damn. on the money.
again.

Lyman Zerga 10-19-2007 02:25 AM

Re: pardon the whoring, i just got a shiny new camera
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey (Post 1524027)
he's cute! look at how cute he is! super cute.

so youre dating beautimus now?

venusvenus123 10-19-2007 02:14 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
what the hell's going on here?

aanyway...
beth and her haircut are lovely. good to know someone can keep the upper-cutters in business. i make a point of only doing my colour on "half price tuesdays" and what not. i've only just started tipping!

pauli is smouldering.

and oh my goodness, wheez is doing all sorts of bad things to my knicker dept. ...and he's way too young for me.:eek:

goodness gracious me.

Yorkshire~Rose 10-19-2007 02:49 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
I think the last time I posted a pic of myself was ooooh...2005?

So Hi :o


AceFace 10-19-2007 02:56 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
whee! from last night.


hpdrifter 10-19-2007 03:03 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yorkshire~Rose (Post 1524688)
I think the last time I posted a pic of myself was ooooh...2005?

So Hi :o



God you have amazing skin.

milleson 10-19-2007 03:27 PM

Re: The Family Album
 

hpdrifter 10-19-2007 03:30 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
You look stressed.

milleson 10-19-2007 03:31 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
Yes.

TAL 10-19-2007 03:36 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
It's not easy being President.

Lyman Zerga 10-19-2007 04:04 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms Crafty (Post 1524739)
what ever happened to beautimus?

guess he dates pauli now

beastiegirrl101 10-19-2007 04:05 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yorkshire~Rose (Post 1524688)
I think the last time I posted a pic of myself was ooooh...2005?

So Hi :o


crap. You're adorable! Agree with HPD...amazing skin...jealous!

Bob 10-19-2007 05:18 PM

Re: The Family Album
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RaZoRbLaDe KiSs (Post 1524421)
Perhaps. Or Perhaps not. Who knows.

no, it's breather


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2020 Beastie Boys