PDA

View Full Version : attn guys who have girlfriends yet continue to fool around/flirt with other girls

Yetra Flam
10-01-2007, 11:48 PM
i know there are some of you out there that are guilty of this. girls too, but at the moment i'm focussing on the guys

seriously why would you do this?
what is your reasoning for it?
and how can you possibly justify this to yourself?

i just recently gave a cussing out to a male who behaved in this very fashion, and those were the kind of questions i asked. but basically yeah, how can someone justify this to themselves, knowingly screwing around behind someone's back?

Drederick Tatum
10-01-2007, 11:55 PM
I personally don't really do any of the things you're referring to, but if I did I'd hardly feel like justifying myself to some angry stranger on the internet.

russhie
10-01-2007, 11:56 PM
Some people are just arseholes, maybe.

Flirting's not that bad. Watching your partner be flirted with and having them come back to you with a bounce in their step is pretty worth it. I'm highly insecure but if a girl is being flirty with my boyfriend, it always makes me smile - everyone wants to know they're attractive. Provided she doesn't take it too far. Der.

Sometimes it's down to personality? I've known guys who are real charmers, can't help but make you laugh, and I don't think it occurs to them that making pretty girls laugh could constitute possible arsehole behaviour.

Yetra Flam
10-01-2007, 11:56 PM
well hey, i'm just wondering whyyyyy that's all. just a tiny insight, that's all.

Yetra Flam
10-01-2007, 11:59 PM
okok in this circumstance, the guy involved has a serious partner, yet he is arranging to meet up and have sex with other girls. (plural, girlS) he has also told other girls that he "loves them." why stay with your girlfriend if you're going to do that? you know what i'm saying here?

russhie
10-02-2007, 12:01 AM
How come she doesn't know?

Yetra Flam
10-02-2007, 12:02 AM
oh she does, she told me. still staying with him for some reason.

Waus
10-02-2007, 12:04 AM
The easy answer is that we just want variety.

I was reading one of Chuck Klosterman's books, I think it was IV, and he was reliving a conversation he had with a friend who was dating an "ideal" girl. The guy said he still didn't think things would work out, and when asked why it's because the thing she didn't have was "the ability to be 9 other women."

The hard answer is that we just aren't willing to put forth the effort it takes to really maintain a relationship that requires responsibility and commitment on our part.

From an article I read by R. Albert Mohler (if you really want to know, IM me).

Going from girl to girl and simply getting gratification is much more attractive since it requires no ongoing effort, no working towards earning love. If we can flirt or fool around with other girls and get that same satisfaction outside our relationship, we do it. It takes real commitment and understanding of what a relationship really means to ignore that urge.

(no one will read something this long and pretentious)

russhie
10-02-2007, 12:05 AM
Sorry, but she's an idiot too.

Why on earth would you let someone do that to you? pssh.

Loppfessor
10-02-2007, 12:06 AM
I still flirt with a lot of other girls....but I don't cheat on my girlfriend. I learned that lesson the hard way. But back in my days when I was still that kinda dude I guess it was an ego thing. Like knowing I could get with these other girls like I was still in demand made me feel good or whatever. The difference between then and now is that I used to actually hook up with them these days I"m just content to know I could if I wanted to.

The biggest difference is respect. When I was younger or just in my past I guess I just didn't respect my partner enough to not cheat on her. I'm not sure exactly why. It wasn't that I didn't love her I guess the respect was just missing. I can't really explain why though.

Yetra Flam
10-02-2007, 12:08 AM
no man, i know what you mean. i can understand that reasoning.
but they have to realise that you CAN'T have everything you want. you can't have the comfort of a relationship, and still have the fun of jumping from bed to bed. you have to make sacrifices and comprimises. you just CAN'T have everything. it's incredibly immature to think that you can.

russhie, i don't know if she's an idiot, a lot of girls feel like they can't do any better, and that they have no right to be so picky. also this guy is a real piece of shit, apparently he's like "no, you're the ONLY one, those others mean nothing." that kind of thing.

Yetra Flam
10-02-2007, 12:11 AM
I still flirt with a lot of other girls....but I don't cheat on my girlfriend. I learned that lesson the hard way. But back in my days when I was still that kinda dude I guess it was an ego thing. Like knowing I could get with these other girls like I was still in demand made me feel good or whatever. The difference between then and now is that I used to actually hook up with them these days I"m just content to know I could if I wanted to.

The biggest difference is respect. When I was younger or just in my past I guess I just didn't respect my partner enough to not cheat on her. I'm not sure exactly why. It wasn't that I didn't love her I guess the respect was just missing. I can't really explain why though.

yeah, i figured it was a kind of ego boosting exercise. at least you grew out of it.

russhie
10-02-2007, 12:12 AM
From an article I read by R. Albert Mohler (if you really want to know, IM me).

Going from girl to girl and simply getting gratification is much more attractive since it requires no ongoing effort, no working towards earning love. If we can flirt or fool around with other girls and get that same satisfaction outside our relationship, we do it. It takes real commitment and understanding of what a relationship really means to ignore that urge.

(no one will read something this long and pretentious)

I think girls already know that, on some level. It's not like it's a completely foreign concept to us, there have been several occasions when I've almost decided to chuck in a serious relationship and fuck around because it's easier.

It seems more like a way of expressing insecurity. Girls can bitch and moan about appearance and weight and receive reassurance from others that they're good looking. Guys don't really have that outlet. It's like maintaining a "serious" relationship while simultaneously banging other girls (or attempting to do so) is more about reassurance - "yeah girls want to fuck me I'm so hot"

Maybe?

Loppfessor
10-02-2007, 12:13 AM
^well yeah that was a lot of it, on top of the whole...not having to commit etc. stuff but I also have to admit that when you're a young guy out in the world it's a lot of fun to have sex with a lot of different girls. You learn a LOT and have a good time while doing it. That's all well and good but you just shouldn't have a steady girlfriend if that's what you're into

Yetra Flam
10-02-2007, 12:13 AM
yeah, but it's such a selfish and hurtful way to go about making yourself feel better. like, you're actually, knowingly hurting someone else - someone you claim to love. why would you have a girlfriend if you wanted to do that? someone to do your laundry?

Waus
10-02-2007, 12:14 AM
you just CAN'T have everything. it's incredibly immature to think that you can.

That's just it though, people don't really think they can - it's just that it requires so much effort to really make an actual relationship work they just take the easier route to gratification. It's not a maturity issue, it's the simple choice of lust over love that applies to any person.

russhie
10-02-2007, 12:16 AM
russhie, i don't know if she's an idiot, a lot of girls feel like they can't do any better, and that they have no right to be so picky. also this guy is a real piece of shit, apparently he's like "no, you're the ONLY one, those others mean nothing." that kind of thing.

Sorry. I just have such little sympathy for girls who hang around and get treated badly. If you're willing to swallow the bullshit he tells you, then you can reasonably expect to be hurt.

Like I said, I'm highly insecure, unattractive & have low self esteem, but I'm the only person that can make me feel that way. No one else has the right to do or say things that will make me believe I can't do better. I guess I just can't understand girls who let people treat them that way.

Loppfessor
10-02-2007, 12:18 AM
yeah, but it's such a selfish and hurtful way to go about making yourself feel better. like, you're actually, knowingly hurting someone else - someone you claim to love. why would you have a girlfriend if you wanted to do that? someone to do your laundry?

Hey man there is no justification I"m just giving you the reasoning behind it based on my own personal experiences. Obviously I never wanted to hurt anyone but we all do dumb shit sometimes and hopefully we're smart enough to learn from it.

Yetra Flam
10-02-2007, 12:20 AM
Sorry. I just have such little sympathy for girls who hang around and get treated badly. If you're willing to swallow the bullshit he tells you, then you're going to get hurt.

Like I said, I'm highly insecure, unattractive and have low self esteem, but I'm the only person that can make me feel that way. No one else has the right to do or say things that will make me believe I can't do better. I guess I just can't understand girls like that.

i know where you're coming from, but i think she really believes that she's the "special one" or the "only one." i think that's what she really wants to believe. and she lives with this guy, and has a kid with him, you know? i think she feels like she doesn't have the right to be picky.

Yetra Flam
10-02-2007, 12:21 AM
Hey man there is no justification I"m just giving you the reasoning behind it based on my own personal experiences. Obviously I never wanted to hurt anyone but we all do dumb shit sometimes and hopefully we're smart enough to learn from it.

yeah man, i know. At least you know and are not like that anymore. That's the important thing.

russhie
10-02-2007, 12:25 AM
i know where you're coming from, but i think she really believes that she's the "special one" or the "only one." i think that's what she really wants to believe. and she lives with this guy, and has a kid with him, you know? i think she feels like she doesn't have the right to be picky.

Yeah, I hear ya. But it's still difficult for me to understand someone who doesn't have that level of respect for themselves, you know?

The "can't do better/have no right to be picky" mentality is rife amongst people I grew up with - I'll never get it.

Loppfessor
10-02-2007, 12:28 AM
Love makes you do some stupid shit.....I cheated on my ex all the time and she kept takin me back. She wasn't stupid or blind but she just loved me that much which makes me so sick now to think I was that much of an asshole. That is what kind of keeps me in check now, the fact that I don't ever want to do that to someone again

russhie
10-02-2007, 12:39 AM
^See, I don't think it's love that makes you do that. I think that there are things people just don't want to admit to themselves. Maybe accepting the fact that you cheated on her and this being the catalyst for breaking up is admitting to herself that she isn't attractive. That you didn't love her back. That she'd failed. I honestly don't think love is that blind, y'know?

Also, it's good you've changed. Knowing that someone has cheated in the past is usually a big black mark, but at least you've learned something. I don't personally know of many guys at the moment who would admit to it being a shitty thing to do.

Yetra Flam
10-02-2007, 12:43 AM
Partly the reason i'm so pissy about this was that i thought that this guy was a somewhat decent person. i feel deceived myself, like that my judgement was poor, and yeah that makes me feel kind of stupid.

Loppfessor
10-02-2007, 12:46 AM
Dude....it's fucking tough being a guy. I dunno what it is about us that makes us want to fuck every woman we come across but it aint easy.

russhie
10-02-2007, 12:47 AM
Don't sweat it. People are constantly changing and shit, you can't help that you only saw one part of him up until now. If we were all openly ourselves 100% of the time we'd probably have no friends.

Yetra Flam
10-02-2007, 12:48 AM
Like I said, I'm highly insecure, unattractive & have low self esteem, but I'm the only person that can make me feel that way. No one else has the right to do or say things that will make me believe I can't do better. I guess I just can't understand girls who let people treat them that way.

also, reading this again has made me think about something. i'm generally the opposite to you in terms of causation of low self esteem. it is usually other people that make me feel bad about myself - stupid comments, assholish actions, etc. in my head, i think, "hey i can't be that bad," but there seems to always be someone to come and shit on that.

g-mile7
10-02-2007, 12:48 AM
Partly the reason i'm so pissy about this was that i thought that this guy was a somewhat decent person. i feel deceived myself, like that my judgement was poor, and yeah that makes me feel kind of stupid.

that makes two of us.

russhie
10-02-2007, 12:51 AM
Dude....it's fucking tough being a guy. I dunno what it is about us that makes us want to fuck every woman we come across but it aint easy.

That made me smile for some reason.

Girls are just naturally sexier, I don't envy guys at all.

Yetra Flam
10-02-2007, 12:53 AM
oh god, i do. i often wish that i was a guy. i would be a lot more chilled out, and wouldn't have this shitty attitude.

Drederick Tatum
10-02-2007, 12:54 AM
actually I still flirt with the ladies, but I see it as humanitarian work.

DandyFop
10-02-2007, 12:54 AM
that makes two of us.
wtf?

Yeah Lopp, why the hell DO guys want to bang every chick? Can't they be happy with their gf vag

russhie
10-02-2007, 12:57 AM
also, reading this again has made me think about something. i'm generally the opposite to you in terms of causation of low self esteem. it is usually other people that make me feel bad about myself - stupid comments, assholish actions, etc. in my head, i think, "hey i can't be that bad," but there seems to always be someone to come and shit on that.

Both are equally frustrating & depressing I'd imagine. It's very easy for me to say, "hey, don't let other people get you down" but I know it's not as simple as tuning out. Personally, I put alot of pressure on myself to behave & look a certain way. It's intense. Alot of it is paying close attention to other people, and what they react to, and just being so self aware of every fucking thing that I sometimes I feel it's all hopeless, that I'll never be the way I want and it goes from there.

I suppose my saving grace is that I have an abnormal amount of pride and self respect, so I won't let people that I care about get away with treating me consistently poorly.

Drederick Tatum
10-02-2007, 12:58 AM
hey you slags are alright by me.

russhie
10-02-2007, 01:00 AM
hey you slags are alright by me.

haha

Slags!

Yetra Flam
10-02-2007, 01:01 AM
hey man, i'll take "slag" over "bulldyke" any ole day.

Loppfessor
10-02-2007, 01:02 AM
wtf?

Yeah Lopp, why the hell DO guys want to bang every chick? Can't they be happy with their gf vag

Oh God if only I knew!....I love my girlfriend to death but I still have to fight the urge to sleep with other women. I think all guys have the desire but only some have the ability......I have spent much time pondering why I can't be completely satisfied with just one woman

russhie
10-02-2007, 01:07 AM
I wonder how satisfied my boyfriend is then. Like, how frequently he fights he urge to sleep with other girls, the kinds of girl he'd sleep with and all that.

Not so I can be all OMG he doesn't love me - just curious to see how he matches up to me when it comes to that.

Yetra Flam
10-02-2007, 01:11 AM
not all guys are like that. i also feel like a lot of them kinda use that as an excuse for their behaviour. ("i'm a guy, i can't help it" kinda thing)
I feel nothing but regret for all the one night stands i've encountered. It's made me feel stupid and used. I didn't find any of it enjoyable. As i result i'm incredibly picky about who i choose to spend my time with. I don't know if that's a good thing, because now i've found myself feeling really alone.

Loppfessor
10-02-2007, 01:22 AM
It doesn't have anything to do with the girlfriend, like she's not pretty, sexy or anything else enough for him....hell I don't know how to explain it.

russhie
10-02-2007, 01:22 AM
You're probably right, but I think there's alot of women who don't admit to wanting to sleep with other men. My boyfriend probably thinks about that shit, talks about it with his mates, whatever. It's not something he'd discuss with me.

I have two very close friends who believe they'll never have one night stands. They think they're a bit filthy, immoral and all that. Me, I can't help but wonder what I'm missing out on. I'd like to be a great fuck for more than one person, I want to have someone brag about me to their mates, y'know? All of us are in proper relationships and I do wonder if I'm going to regret it down the track. But if I had to do it all again I'd never exchange the support/love/etc my boyfriend has given me to go down a different path.

One night stands make different people feel different things is my point. Derr. I should shut up now.

Yetra Flam
10-02-2007, 01:26 AM
You're probably right, but I think there's alot of women who don't admit to wanting to sleep with other men. My boyfriend probably thinks about that shit, talks about it with his mates, whatever. It's not something he'd discuss with me.

I have two very close friends who believe they'll never have one night stands. They think they're a bit filthy, immoral and all that. Me, I can't help but wonder what I'm missing out on. I'd like to be a great fuck for more than one person, I want to have someone brag about me to their mates, y'know? All of us are in proper relationships and I do wonder if I'm going to regret it down the track. But if I had to do it all again I'd never exchange the support/love/etc my boyfriend has given me to go down a different path.

One night stands make different people feel different things is my point. Derr. I should shut up now.

for some people, who have a great deal of confidence, i'm sure one night stands are great. i can't judge other people for doing what they do, it has nothing to do with me.
I feel so much better about myself if i'm in a proper, real relationship with a decent person. No amount of random fucks with random people will ever make me feel good.

Loppfessor
10-02-2007, 01:26 AM
^I don't know your exact situation but I know that everyone has a lot of things to get out of their system before they can "settle down"......that's one huge reason I think my woman and I are doing so well. We're both older have experienced a lot and I know that as far as sexual conquests or experiments go I don't have anything left to "prove" to myself...

Yetra Flam
10-02-2007, 01:28 AM
yeah, you're right. that whole water under the bridge thing.
but the whole experiencing many other women while at the same time attempting to settle down is what causes problems.

Loppfessor
10-02-2007, 01:32 AM
^exactly! My ex was perfect for me but I met her a few years too soon

russhie
10-02-2007, 01:32 AM
Yeah, there's a few things I'd like to get out of my system before I get too old. But again, there's that whole tradeoff thing.

Yetra - yeah, that's what I was getting at. But you know it anyway, and you put it more succinctly than I did. Wheee

Yetra Flam
10-02-2007, 01:34 AM
i still kinda wish i was a guy haha

russhie
10-02-2007, 01:35 AM
I wouldn't be able to handle the whole "having balls" thing. They seem so fragile! And I just don't understand where they go when you sit down and stuff.

DandyFop
10-02-2007, 01:47 AM
russhie who are you? you rule

Loppfessor
10-02-2007, 03:09 AM
russhie who are you? you rule

good call....I like russhie and yetra

Lyman Zerga
10-02-2007, 04:07 AM
wtf?

pussies are always pinker on the other side

tracky
10-02-2007, 04:47 AM
isn't it like free-love in monkey society and the idea is to bang as many other monkeys as possible? Except your mum. It's only denial and repression of our animal nature to monogamise relationships.

TurdBerglar
10-02-2007, 05:54 AM
guys want to fuck pretty things just like how they want to play video games.

it's something enjoyable to do. guys don't always have that emotional connection to sex as girls do and see it more as an activity. guys CAN(not always) fuck with the same mentality as playing halo. im not saying guys are strictly like this. I'm not saying all guys are like this. but a guy can passionately have sex with his gf and be totally emotionally involved and then the next time just bang the hell out of her and push her aside when he's through....and go play video games(fuck other girls).

so sex for guys CAN(not always) just be something to do at times. i doesn't seem to be that way as much for females. that still doesn't give anyone a reason to break their heart though.

Lex Diamonds
10-02-2007, 06:56 AM
I never had meaningful sex (with someone I genuinely care about) until like a year ago... and now I hate meaningless sex. I feel depressed and dirty (not in the good way) afterwards.

jabumbo
10-02-2007, 06:57 AM
so sex for guys CAN(not always) just be something to do at times. i doesn't seem to be that way as much for females. that still doesn't give anyone a reason to break their heart though.

its because girls don't play video games, obviously

Lyman Zerga
10-02-2007, 08:34 AM
This is a damn good thread.(y)

For me, it's not hard to not cheat on my wife. Yes, I find other women attractive as well, but not in my soul, not like her. I usually only flirt, if you can call it that, when I'm here, but taking it farther than a compliment or remark, nope, never. I have had offers, but I have no desire to ruin one of the best things in my life.

you mainly flirt with yourself anyway

Lyman Zerga
10-02-2007, 08:54 AM
I never had meaningful sex (with someone I genuinely care about) until like a year ago... and now I hate meaningless sex. I feel depressed and dirty (not in the good way) afterwards.

must feel great to be all mature and shit!

Lyman Zerga
10-02-2007, 09:05 AM
I do more than that with myself;)

wife cheater :(

Lex Diamonds
10-02-2007, 09:55 AM
must feel great to be all mature and shit!
I'm not mature... although I do have cheddar on my dick LOL!

hpdrifter
10-02-2007, 10:24 AM
I don't think desiring sex with other people is just a guy thing. I love my boyfriend and I will not cheat on him but if I see a hot guy with a great chest and arms I'd think wow, what would it be like...

I think its definitely immaturity that drives people to act on that fantasy.

beastieangel01
10-02-2007, 10:39 AM
things like this make me wonder if monogamy is even really possible. And it is but from what I see around me it's a rare thing.

I personally believe that monogamy isn't natural,
but that it's a choice. A choice you make when you truly respect, care and love someone.

Knuckles
10-02-2007, 10:45 AM
I personally believe that monogamy isn't natural,
but that it's a choice. A choice you make when you truly respect, care and love someone.

bingo.

taquitos
10-02-2007, 11:04 AM
drunk

TurdBerglar
10-02-2007, 11:09 AM
i think i've said this before...

dudes look at random chicks the same way they look at exotic cars. just substitute the desire of driving an exotic(attractive) car with the desire to fuck an attractive(exotic) female.

it's when guys get to know a female is when the female becomes more... human? and not some fuck object.

this is just a generalization. im sure females can be like this as well it's just males seem to be more like that.

if you ever listened to a couple of dudes talking about cars and random chicks the conversations are strikingly similar.

faz
10-02-2007, 11:41 AM
I skimmed this thread so sorry if this has been said but this is a pretty good reason why a guy might do it

oh she does, she told me. still staying with him for some reason.

....because he wont be punished for it?

These situations are strange to me. A situation in which someone sides with the girl when she's the one letting him do it. If he felt he would be dumped for cheating on her then I'm sure he wouldn't do it, but seeing as the girl will keep accepting him, then he's going to keep on doing it.

Also, lets not turn this into a "guys always cheat, girls never cheat" debate.

cosmo105
10-02-2007, 11:52 AM
bingo.

yup

Lyman Zerga
10-03-2007, 05:15 AM
I'm not mature... although I do have cheddar on my dick LOL!

LOL and shit LOL

Lex Diamonds
10-03-2007, 07:25 AM
Eat my balls and shit and shit, and shit.

Loppfessor
10-03-2007, 07:30 AM
LOL and shit LOL

ROTFL!