PDA

View Full Version : sending text messages to the wrong people

Yetra Flam
10-02-2007, 07:55 PM
I received a message from my ex that started with "baby" and had had ;)s in it and a bunch of kinda lame text message sexual innuendo.
Then i received another one all flummoxed like "PLEASE DISREGARD THAT LAST MESSAGE."
Too late, you little twerp. I'm mostly annoyed because he never spoke to me like that. I don't think he called me babe once, or sent me lame sexual innuendo in a text message.
What a little turd.

mikizee
10-02-2007, 08:11 PM
I find that funny only because I've done the same thing. And boy, was my face red.

Yetra Flam
10-02-2007, 08:13 PM
The title of this thread is deceiving. It should be my ex is a little turd who never treated me right. hahahah

faz
10-02-2007, 08:22 PM
I've done it far to many times. Usually to the same girl. About other girls. Or sometimes about her.

adam_f
10-02-2007, 08:23 PM
I meant to send a text to someone about how I thought my friends boyfriend was cheating on her because he's a douchebag, but instead I sent it to her.

That went over really well.

Yetra Flam
10-02-2007, 08:24 PM
I seriously have never done it. I just don't see how you can really do it, unless you're paying no attention at all. And i wouldn't put anything ostentatious in a text message anyway. i save that for my abusive emails.

Yetra Flam
10-02-2007, 08:34 PM
holy fuck, some other fucking asshole keeps calling my phone saying they're "steve the glass guy" and asking for dom.
what the fuck is going on in my life?

TurdBerglar
10-02-2007, 08:36 PM
it's me

tal gave me your number

Yetra Flam
10-02-2007, 08:37 PM
Oh you're an australian bogan now?

russhie
10-02-2007, 08:43 PM
I've never texted someone I knew, and didn't mean to. How awkward.

When I was 16 I texted a number that was supposed to belong to my boyfriend saying "finished the abbo book, come round I'm topless by the pool ;) back gate is unlocked" and the reply was "address plz!!" from some random number.

Also, on NYD a couple of years back I got a text saying "it's Adam, had fun last night want to go for coffee" and I texted back "wrong number, sorry. happy new year" and I thought that'd be it.
Nooo.
"It's Adam, we met at the Hamstead Hotel"
"Sorry, wrong number, I've never been to a Hamstead Hotel. Bye"
"Are you sure?"
My friends are laughing at this guy's insistence so we text back.
"Yes. Never been. Bye."
Ten minutes later
"Umm...how old are you? Maybe we could hook up?"

I decided to leave it there. The best bit was him attempting to find out if I was legal yet. Desperate, much?

russhie
10-02-2007, 08:46 PM
Also, winky sexual innuendo texts are pretty much reserved for teenagers. I cringe at the thought of the ones I've sent/received. How nice that I can blame it on being young & dumb.

Yetra Flam
10-02-2007, 08:47 PM
yeah seriously, i would have been all wtf if that text was intended for me. i'm annoyed that he's calling another girl babe.

russhie
10-02-2007, 08:54 PM
In my experience those kinds of texts indicate that you're not getting any.

Like when you're younger and texting some dude who you've only ever kissed like once and you're talking shit to him about how awesome he is and how you're gonna do x to him and he's all yeah babe you're awesome too winky-winky *insert sexual innuendo here* and then you see each other and you're all too scared to do the shit you said you would

That's what it reminds me of. Lame attempts at sexiness. You got nothing to worry about. Also, the "plz disregard" message is laughable. Just try and see the comedic value in it.

Yetra Flam
10-02-2007, 08:57 PM
i didnt even have a phone when i was a teenager! i had to have potential suitors call my home phone number and like have my dad answer and have to ask for me and THEN say "hey, come around and we'll screw"

TurdBerglar
10-02-2007, 09:01 PM
classy

Yetra Flam
10-02-2007, 09:02 PM
i take what's given to me, you know?

russhie
10-02-2007, 09:03 PM
I still remember before home phone numbers had that extra 9 added on.

TurdBerglar
10-02-2007, 09:04 PM
extra 9? where the hell are you from?

Yetra Flam
10-02-2007, 09:05 PM
we had the extra 62 added on the front of numbers

TurdBerglar
10-02-2007, 09:06 PM
what the fuck!

russhie
10-02-2007, 09:06 PM
From nowhere near the Hamstead Hotel, that's for sure.

russhie
10-02-2007, 09:07 PM
we had the extra 62 added on the front of numbers

You got two numbers? Hm.

Knuckles
10-02-2007, 09:21 PM
What an idiot.

He should just delete your number from his phone.

Documad
10-02-2007, 09:24 PM
What an idiot.

He should just delete your number from his phone.

Yeah, it's a horrible thing to do to an ex. There's no excuse.

RobMoney$
10-02-2007, 09:30 PM
The random x-rated text message can be pretty awesome.

Knuckles
10-02-2007, 09:32 PM
Yeah, it's a horrible thing to do to an ex. There's no excuse.

salt in the wound (n)

jabumbo
10-02-2007, 09:55 PM
i didnt even have a phone when i was a teenager! i had to have potential suitors call my home phone number and like have my dad answer and have to ask for me and THEN say "hey, come around and we'll screw"

yeah...

i didnt get a phone till i was a senior in college, so i never really had that problem...

sjp
10-02-2007, 10:03 PM
he was prolly drunk and doesn't remember sending it not defending it but hell i think everyone has done it at least once

Loppfessor
10-03-2007, 07:59 AM
I received a message from my ex that started with "baby" and had had ;)s in it and a bunch of kinda lame text message sexual innuendo.
Then i received another one all flummoxed like "PLEASE DISREGARD THAT LAST MESSAGE."
Too late, you little twerp. I'm mostly annoyed because he never spoke to me like that. I don't think he called me babe once, or sent me lame sexual innuendo in a text message.
What a little turd.

If you want I'll text you smilies all the time when I get back to the states....just send the digits babe

Pres Zount
10-03-2007, 08:40 AM
Thanks for not being mature about it. Thanks for announcing it online before voicing it to me, and thanks for leading me to believe we could be friends for the third time, before insulting me. Again. This friends then off again then friends then off again then friends then off again thing is pretty tiring, so this time I'm not lending out the naive "if you ever just want to talk...". If you call me up saying you are sorry again then I'm just going to hang up. You're blocked from any other way of contacting me.

I realise now that it probably IS annoying to you if I talked about another woman, trust me when I say I wont do it again. After six or so months I sort of felt that if we were going to be friends then it might be ok to talk about other people who make us happy. You're not willing to do that simply because it hurts your pride.

Smiley face winks were tongue in cheek, I never called you baby because you said it was stupid, and I never sent you lame innuendo because you (as you have already pointed out) wouldn't laugh at that sort of thing. I've deleted your number so it wont happen again. What am I supposed to do after accidentally sending you that? I knew you wouldn't be overjoyed, but I thought you could at least PRETEND to laugh about it later. It was a mistake that doesn't really warrant you calling me names. I said sorry, don't drag it online so you can parade it in front of people that will see your half of the story and make you feel better. The other night we were talking about guys that make women feel insecure, just so they can make themselves feel better, and how that made you mad - well, you're just putting me down because your pride has been hurt, and you want everyone to post and reinforce what a shitbag I am, and how nice you are. I never treated you right? Bullshit! I really don't deserve to have my name dragged through the mud here, so stop doing it.

Thanks for making me regret coming back to you when you called me up, and thanks for making me feel shit about myself again when I realise that every time you say nasty lies about me I stupidly forgive you, but you wont accept the fact that I have moved on. If moving on is my crime, then I guess it's good that we aren't friends now. Three times lucky, and I don't feel as depressed or upset that you are calling me names. It's just anger this time.

I've only ever wanted you to be happy, but I'm not going to do that at the expense of myself anymore.

I was just going to send an email, but there are people on here whose opinions still matter to me, and it seems to hurt me more when you announce stuff like this to the whole world, knowing that I can still read it. So I hope you wont be so quick to rush online and tell everyone what a loser I am (hey, things like this make me realise I AM a loser, you don't have to tell everyone) for accidentally letting you see something harmless that wasn't meant for you.

I know I can be mean to people sometimes (especially on here!) but I guess the difference between us in that regard is that I'm not mean to the people that care about me.

This should be in a private email, but then again, so should this thread. Hit submit.

abcdefz
10-03-2007, 09:04 AM
My mom's number and my ex-girlfriend's were uncomfortably close to one another.

You want true embarrassment? Try drunk dialing your mom at 2:00 a.m.

Lex Diamonds
10-03-2007, 09:35 AM
Thanks for not being mature about it. Thanks for announcing it online before voicing it to me, and thanks for leading me to believe we could be friends for the third time, before insulting me. Again. This friends then off again then friends then off again then friends then off again thing is pretty tiring, so this time I'm not lending out the naive "if you ever just want to talk...". If you call me up saying you are sorry again then I'm just going to hang up. You're blocked from any other way of contacting me.

I realise now that it probably IS annoying to you if I talked about another woman, trust me when I say I wont do it again. After six or so months I sort of felt that if we were going to be friends then it might be ok to talk about other people who make us happy. You're not willing to do that simply because it hurts your pride.

Smiley face winks were tongue in cheek, I never called you baby because you said it was stupid, and I never sent you lame innuendo because you (as you have already pointed out) wouldn't laugh at that sort of thing. I've deleted your number so it wont happen again. What am I supposed to do after accidentally sending you that? I knew you wouldn't be overjoyed, but I thought you could at least PRETEND to laugh about it later. It was a mistake that doesn't really warrant you calling me names. I said sorry, don't drag it online so you can parade it in front of people that will see your half of the story and make you feel better. The other night we were talking about guys that make women feel insecure, just so they can make themselves feel better, and how that made you mad - well, you're just putting me down because your pride has been hurt, and you want everyone to post and reinforce what a shitbag I am, and how nice you are. I never treated you right? Bullshit! I really don't deserve to have my name dragged through the mud here, so stop doing it.

Thanks for making me regret coming back to you when you called me up, and thanks for making me feel shit about myself again when I realise that every time you say nasty lies about me I stupidly forgive you, but you wont accept the fact that I have moved on. If moving on is my crime, then I guess it's good that we aren't friends now. Three times lucky, and I don't feel as depressed or upset that you are calling me names. It's just anger this time.

I've only ever wanted you to be happy, but I'm not going to do that at the expense of myself anymore.

I was just going to send an email, but there are people on here whose opinions still matter to me, and it seems to hurt me more when you announce stuff like this to the whole world, knowing that I can still read it. So I hope you wont be so quick to rush online and tell everyone what a loser I am (hey, things like this make me realise I AM a loser, you don't have to tell everyone) for accidentally letting you see something harmless that wasn't meant for you.

I know I can be mean to people sometimes (especially on here!) but I guess the difference between us in that regard is that I'm not mean to the people that care about me.

This should be in a private email, but then again, so should this thread. Hit submit.
Shit, man. I must have missed a lot, I had no idea who Yetra Flam was or even that you two weren't together. This is like Neighbours or something.

Um, this is awkward. I'm gonna go...

TurdBerglar
10-03-2007, 10:06 AM
this is going to be interesting

Lyman Zerga
10-03-2007, 01:57 PM
hey zount

jammytastic
10-03-2007, 02:33 PM
JESUS!

im going to get some tea and a sambo and watch how this all unfolds.

badly i hope.

crying with snots and EVERYTHING!

Yetra Flam
10-03-2007, 09:50 PM
i kinda want him to post more now. but he probably won't

TurdBerglar
10-03-2007, 09:51 PM

i was wrong :(

milleson
10-03-2007, 09:51 PM
:(

g-mile7
10-03-2007, 10:02 PM
wow.

Bob
10-03-2007, 10:21 PM
i was wrong :(

kinda seemed like said all he wanted to say, i guess

TurdBerglar
10-03-2007, 10:22 PM
but they both had the oppurtunity to do so much more!

Yetra Flam
10-03-2007, 10:25 PM
well like, all i was doing was sharing a story of something funny/lame that happened to me that i'm sure that everyone else has experienced.
it's not my fault that he had to come and read the boards after 6 months and crack the sads that i don't think he's such a great guy. can you really blame me after what happened?

g-mile7
10-03-2007, 10:26 PM
kinda seemed like said all he wanted to say, i guess

Seems so.

hitmonlee
10-03-2007, 10:34 PM
the other day i was sending a friend a text about drugs while my housemate was talking to me about another friend. a minute later i got a call from said friend saying "uhhh was that for me" and it wasn't, but he could get me what i wanted anyway so that one turned out good.

the ex i still get along with once sent me a "sexy" text that was meant for another girl. i was happy for him, about time he was getting some.

the ex (was bf at the time) i do not like or want to speak to accidentally sent me one that was intended for his ex girlfriend. the contents of it were basically denying that he was seeing me. mmhmm, there was a showdown that night.

(n)

russhie
10-03-2007, 11:53 PM
Internet romance gone bad?

It's always interesting to hear both sides of the story.

Wheee

Yetra Flam
10-03-2007, 11:56 PM
no, real life relationship embarrassingly dragged into the realm of the online world.
I was just venting. Guess i'm not allowed to do that.

DandyFop
10-04-2007, 12:08 AM
Zorra does seem like she'd kinda be a crazy ex

I don't really blame him for saying his side of the story. From what I'm guessing you want to engage in this contact with him because under it all you still miss him, or something along those lines. Yeah I'm saying this from experience.

Yada yada yada, this is a public forum

g-mile7
10-04-2007, 12:15 AM

U bout to get your wish

Yetra Flam
10-04-2007, 12:16 AM
I'm crazy in general, you all know that. And i understand that probably makes it difficult for people to see my point of view.
I just thought it was incredibly disrespectful and way too soon to be flaunting new relationships in front of me, especially regarding the circumstances.
I have never received a sincere apology, and i've actually found myself apologising more for being upset and saying things in anger. I really don't think that's fair. So that's my general feeling about the whole thing. That's what's left me feeling angry and feeling like the only thing i can do is say vengeful things in response to the really cruel actions that i've experienced.
And I am really fucking angry, because i feel like someone is completely shitting all over me and i can't do a thing about it.

g-mile7
10-04-2007, 12:19 AM
I'm getting the feeling theres alot of folks in this just needing some good sex...nevermind lovin', no?

Yetra Flam
10-04-2007, 12:20 AM
No, i just need to punch a wall or something. I'm a fighter, not a lover.

DandyFop
10-04-2007, 12:21 AM
sex does solve everything.

oh wait, no, that's money.

g-mile7
10-04-2007, 12:23 AM
sex does solve everything.

oh wait, no, that's money.

Well theres the whole sex and money angle. Chill.

g-mile7
10-04-2007, 12:30 AM
And we need more female lovers in the world, I mean, when a nigga ready to pop pastries in the oven she gotta be ready to grease that pan, you dig?

haha

cosmo105
10-04-2007, 12:35 AM
a terrible mistake for sure, but an honest one i'm also sure.

Yetra Flam
10-04-2007, 12:38 AM
honestly, if i had received a genuine apology, face to face, this thread wouldn't exist and i wouldn't be so angry and hurt.

Documad
10-04-2007, 12:38 AM
Well, WTF. Did everyone else know who she was? :o

Hi, "Yetra." I'm sorry that you're both going through this.

Yetra Flam
10-04-2007, 12:41 AM
Yeah me too, i wish i was coping better.

ScarySquirrel
10-04-2007, 12:48 AM
One time someone sent me a picture of a penis with some explicit text... I sent them a message back saying that I was a dude and I don't think they meant to send that to me.

Then the dude sent me another picture of a dick (which I'm assuming was his) and said, "fuck you faggot". I laughed about that for a good ten minutes or so. I think some girl probably made up a number at the bar or something.

Loppfessor
10-04-2007, 12:48 AM
Zorra does seem like she'd kinda be a crazy ex

WTF???!!! Wait a minute?? Yetra is Zorra???!!....and Zora was gettin biz-ay with Prez? :eek: Holy shit what else haven't you people told me??....This is better than The Dawon show

cosmo105
10-04-2007, 12:49 AM
honestly, if i had received a genuine apology, face to face, this thread wouldn't exist and i wouldn't be so angry and hurt.

why do you need one face to face? what kind of closure would that bring? it would probably only lead to a fight. just let it go. i know you're hurt and upset, but the mature thing to do would be to let it go and move on with your own life.

g-mile7
10-04-2007, 12:51 AM
One time someone sent me a picture of a penis with some explicit text... I sent them a message back saying that I was a dude and I don't think they meant to send that to me.

Then the dude sent me another picture of a dick (which I'm assuming was his) and said, "fuck you faggot". I laughed about that for a good ten minutes or so. I think some girl probably made up a number at the bar or something.

haha thats sad

And I agree with Cosmo, you'd punch him if you 2 met

Bob
10-04-2007, 07:21 AM

haha...i wonder if that actually ever works

"oh my, a picture of a penis belonging to someone i don't know...i must be intimate with him"

Lyman Zerga
10-04-2007, 04:11 PM
I'm crazy in general, you all know that. And i understand that probably makes it difficult for people to see my point of view.
I just thought it was incredibly disrespectful and way too soon to be flaunting new relationships in front of me, especially regarding the circumstances.
I have never received a sincere apology, and i've actually found myself apologising more for being upset and saying things in anger. I really don't think that's fair. So that's my general feeling about the whole thing. That's what's left me feeling angry and feeling like the only thing i can do is say vengeful things in response to the really cruel actions that i've experienced.
And I am really fucking angry, because i feel like someone is completely shitting all over me and i can't do a thing about it.

i definitely understand your side and i know i couldnt stay that calm

to read what you read would be probably the last thing on earth i ever wanted/ needed to know but i hope he really just accidently sent it

love ya

g-mile7
10-04-2007, 06:34 PM
i definitely understand your side and i know i couldnt stay that calm

to read what you read would be probably the last thing on earth i ever wanted/ needed to know but i hope he really just accidently sent it

love ya

Im sure it was an accident, wouldnt make sense for him to post on here if it wasnt.

Kid Presentable
10-04-2007, 06:49 PM
Completely impractical advice, Zorra, but you really need to work on letting things wash over you. It's not worth getting angry or upset about. A silly (insensitive from your end) mistake, yeah. But life goes on.

:)

Lyman Zerga
10-05-2007, 01:13 PM
Im sure it was an accident, wouldnt make sense for him to post on here if it wasnt.

yeah i dont really think he is that kind of guy who would do such a thing
well i guess everything happens for a reason..even accidents

Loppfessor
10-05-2007, 01:15 PM
yeah i dont really think he is that kind of guy who would do such a thing
well i guess everything happens for a reason..even accidents

That's just something unwed teenage mothers tell their bastard children....

beastiegirrl101
10-05-2007, 02:55 PM
That's just something unwed teenage mothers tell their bastard children....

is that what your mother told you?

The Notorious LOL
10-05-2007, 03:02 PM

hahahaha!

Rock
10-05-2007, 03:15 PM

that is probably the best thing i have read on this board in a loooooong time.