PDA

View Full Version : How much is gas your way?

kaiser soze
04-22-2008, 09:06 PM
Looks like regular is up to $3.71 in my area and will jump soon enough

"High gas prices are a sign of a failed presidency." - Dick Cheney, 1998

taquitos
04-22-2008, 09:15 PM

QueenAdrock
04-23-2008, 12:26 AM
It's $1.17 a liter here, which is about $4.42 a gallon. Needless to say, I don't use my car much, except for grocery shopping. And a roadtrip this summer.

Carlos
04-23-2008, 04:16 AM
try £1.10 a litre over here - that's over $2 a litre.. (good job i got rid of my car)

... and who said Iraq had been a complete failure :rolleyes:

abcdefz
04-23-2008, 09:09 AM
$3.88 or so.

Our local newspaper has a contest going on to see who can predict when it'll hit $4 a gallon.

abcdefz
04-23-2008, 09:09 AM
It's $1.17 a liter here, which is about $4.42 a gallon. Needless to say, I don't use my car much, except for grocery shopping. And a roadtrip this summer.

Does your gas include tax that covers insurance?

kaiser soze
04-23-2008, 09:30 AM
The video everyone needs to see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHtR4m9Puc8&feature=related

homeboy is in cahoots with these oil companies....

SugarInTheRaw
04-23-2008, 11:41 AM
The video everyone needs to see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHtR4m9Puc8&feature=related

homeboy is in cahoots with these oil companies....

Come on. America is only sinking a little further into the grave.

abcdefz
04-23-2008, 11:50 AM
That video means shit, except that presidents are out of touch with the common experience for years at a time. When do you suppose was
the last time President Bush pumped his own gas, picked up a loaf of bread on the way home, or even opened his own office door, for
God's sake?

There was a whole bit on The West Wing about how the president and the senior staff had no idea what the price of milk was.

YoungRemy
04-23-2008, 12:00 PM
it's almost $4.00 over Californee Way

kaiser soze
04-23-2008, 11:51 PM
That video means shit, except that presidents are out of touch with the common experience for years at a time. When do you suppose was
the last time President Bush pumped his own gas, picked up a loaf of bread on the way home, or even opened his own office door, for
God's sake?

There was a whole bit on The West Wing about how the president and the senior staff had no idea what the price of milk was.

I am well aware that the king boy has no idea about the price of living nowadays. Just goes to show that people who run this country should be well aware and care.

$3.75 for regular now

Interesting map of gas prices per county...I cannot believe my gas costs more than Denver

http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_gastemperaturemap.aspx

HEIRESS
04-24-2008, 01:02 PM
near montreal its 1.32 or something.

so thats like 5 bucks a gallon. Its even higher in places like newfoundland where its like 1.40 or so a litre.

Im so happy I dont own a car.

Burnout18
04-24-2008, 02:13 PM
"High gas prices are a sign of a failed presidency." - Dick Cheney, 1998

hey do you have a legit link to that, I would like to post it somewhere else

QueenAdrock
04-24-2008, 03:09 PM

so thats like 5 bucks a gallon. Its even higher in places like newfoundland where its like 1.40 or so a litre.

I heard it's supposed to hit $1.80 a liter in BC this summer...around your way, in Kamloops. Not sure if that's true or not.

And A-Z, I have no idea what our gas tax covers. I know that our high alcohol/cigarette prices help pay for health insurance though.

kaiser soze
04-25-2008, 11:54 AM

I'm just over the border from Montreal....college town surrounded by farming separated from the world, thus high prices

my girlfriend and I will be happily riding our bikes now that spring has arrived

abcdefz
04-25-2008, 12:09 PM
And A-Z, I have no idea what our gas tax covers. I know that our high alcohol/cigarette prices help pay for health insurance though.

As it should be.

I voted for a pretty serious additional cigarette tax, even as a smoker. We're a burden, plain and simple. Fair is fair.

Medellia
04-27-2008, 01:52 AM
It's $3.40 here, and Tulsa is one of the ten cheapest cities. Apparently it's gonna reach $4 here. By July. I can't imagine how bad it's gonna be for those of you who aren't lucky enough to live in one of the "cheap" cities.

Obviously, that could turn out to be wrong. But doesn't hurt to give you guys a heads up. (y)

alien autopsy
04-27-2008, 09:14 AM
i remember back around 2000 before shit hit the fan, hearign some analyst say that gas could possibly go to 90$ a barrel in the near future....and the rest of the pundits and monkeys were saying "no way!Impossible!"

just yesterday i heard someone on the radio say oil could be at 200$ a barrel by next year...that almost double the price that we are paying now...last i heard it was 115$ a barrel??

as much of a pain in the ass it is to pay more, and take a hit financially...for me its making me not want to drive anymore. i hope it has that affect on others too. and i hope that out of it we find better ways of creating energy and living our lives.

i also am bothered by the ethanol/food shortage shit that is going down. that has to stop.

Medellia
04-27-2008, 08:38 PM
It was $115 a couple of weeks ago, not sure what it is now. I have a friend who works at an oil company here, so I always find out the price way before everyone else. Not that it really matters, as I don't drive.

funk63
04-27-2008, 10:42 PM
do you think thats air your breathing? (http://youtube.com/watch?v=YxQW9hyuZVE)

funk63
04-27-2008, 10:57 PM
ok, this ones serious. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=DKeUDT-1d7U)

kaiser soze
05-08-2008, 12:48 PM
$3.91 for regular, $4.03 for premium my way

this is a sign of a failing presidency....amongst thousands of other things

SugarInTheRaw
05-08-2008, 02:13 PM
i remember back around 2000 before shit hit the fan, hearign some analyst say that gas could possibly go to 90$ a barrel in the near future....and the rest of the pundits and monkeys were saying "no way!Impossible!"

There is no way there is a big push for a North American Union either. Fox, NBC, ABC, and CNN have all told me that it is impossible.

BangkokB
05-08-2008, 06:43 PM
It would seem almost criminal for you tree hugging hippies to realize that you can get $ on the Brink of the Drink.

Helvete
05-08-2008, 06:49 PM
However bad you think your gas prices are, double it, and welcome to Europe.

QueenAdrock
05-08-2008, 07:05 PM
Europe's pretty bad. America is actually #111 on the list of "most expensive" gas in the world which isn't bad in the grand scheme of things. However, Venezuela is the #1 cheapest, at 14 cents a gallon. Crazy shit.

BangkokB
05-09-2008, 01:22 AM
I know someone that follows this closely that says the big $ players are buying Puts on RB...However, he said that yesterday and spot market has gone up 2 cents since then. This is a great time to invest and reap the whirlwind of these discerning events: Commodities as a whole are going up. I wish there was an option on Rice bc it's as high as a cats back here. The high Gas prices are effecting the costs of foods as well and there is no end in site~ The driving season has just begun so Brace yourselves. Couple that with Hurricane Season knocking on the door: It could certainly be some 70's type of gasline situations all over again. I could Ramble On but trust me on this RB is something that I follow daily. Strange market: Spot went up 2 Cents yesterday as well but the values dropped. Try wrapping your heads around that one: aside from the usual Time Decay, Etc, BlahBlizzahBlah that's said. Time decay happens on Tuesday because the Sheets I read follow American markets so I'm always a day behind though I have Spot to go by.

Talk to Hardnox: He's in the know of reputable traders that will see to it that your trades are placed and you could make $ when/& if it keeps going up

YoungRemy
06-08-2008, 01:15 AM
$4.61 regular, $4.99 premium

http://www.hypermiling.com/

Documad
06-08-2008, 01:17 AM
I decided to quit looking at the pump. I got gas again today and I have no idea what the price was per gallon or how much I put on my credit card. I guess I'm in denial.

P.S. This isn't all about the real price of oil you know. A lot of this increase has to do with our shitty dollar being worth less than it used to be.

YoungRemy
06-08-2008, 01:25 AM
you mass transit commuters and hybrid drivers must be feeling good these days...