PDA

View Full Version : Wearing the same clothes to work

Echewta
02-19-2010, 02:26 PM
I don't mean having a limited budget and perhaps only able to own a few different shirts and a couple of pairs of pants but there is a guy at work who wears the same black pants, black tshirt, and black shoes everyday. Sometimes when I see him I get my days confussed.

I can't figure out what he's thinking. Does he have a couple of the same shirts, pants and shoes? Maybe he takes a whores bath with lysol.

Adam
02-19-2010, 02:31 PM
I kinda do to. Same black jeans all week really, they don't get dirty.

As for my t-shirt I have one that is plain and everything else has a band or comic book character on it. Rare occasions I where them but yeah, I don't care how smart I am. I sometimes get paranoid that I smell but I think my bad breath covers that (y)

edit: I get away with it because I work at a different office each day.

mickill
02-19-2010, 02:54 PM
My teacher in the seventh grade wore the exact same thing every single day for the whole school year: blue pants, a blue sweater with a white stripe across the front and blue sneakers. Then on the last day of school he was suddenly wearing a white sweater with a blue stripe across the front. That literally blew my mind at the time.

Adam
02-19-2010, 02:57 PM
My teacher in the seventh grade wore the exact same thing every single day for the whole school year: blue pants, a blue sweater with a white stripe across the front and blue sneakers. Then on the last day of school he was suddenly wearing a white sweater with a blue stripe across the front. That literally blew my mind at the time.

I think it was a psychological trick she was trying to play on you kids.

mickill
02-19-2010, 03:12 PM
Well, it was a man, but maybe. Who knows how I would've turned out had he changed his clothes more often during that pivotal stage of my adolescence; how it would have altered my journey.

NicRN77
02-19-2010, 03:15 PM
I wear the same scrubs to work everyday. My work provides us with free scrubs so I take advantage of it.

lolkat
02-19-2010, 03:28 PM
^haha like that tv show, boston legal

rirv
02-19-2010, 04:27 PM
I wear the same suit , but change my shirt and tie everyday. I would prefer to have several suits and switch it up but I do not have the cash.

jabumbo
02-19-2010, 04:41 PM
I wear the same suit , but change my shirt and tie everyday. I would prefer to have several suits and switch it up but I do not have the cash.

used to have a guy who did this at my work. i think it was determined that he had the same rotation every week, therefor he had 5 shirts and 5 ties. it was a pretty junky suit for one, which matched his cheap toupee job.

working outdoors, i usually wear the same jeans and outerwear all week. i basically only change my underwear and socks daily, with the t-shirt getting swapped if its summer heat. but now that i wear about 4 shirts under my jacket, i always wear the same one all week.

Helvete
02-19-2010, 04:54 PM
I wear the same combat pants, jacket and shirt every day. Not like I have a fucking choice...

trailerprincess
02-19-2010, 05:19 PM
There's a lady at my work who wears the same outfit for 5 days on the trot and then changes to another outfit for the following week, just keeps rotating.... I wear the same bottom half each week but mix up the tops - black trousers/black skirt/grey trousers/grey skirt then jeans on a friday. Or just wear suits if I feel like smarting up. Kerazy.

HEIRESS
02-19-2010, 06:36 PM
I wear the same type of clothing/shoes to work that I would to the gym.
It's quite convenient for one such as myself that visits the gym post work quite often (y)

Dorothy Wood
02-19-2010, 11:56 PM
I'll usually wear jeans 3-10 times before washing them. I try not to wear the same thing every day though. I wore the same shirt twice this week...which isn't really normal. It's just so comfortable, I couldn't resist. I wear thin t-shirts or tanks under most tops in the winter, and I change those every day....usually.

I've mentioned this before, but when I was in high school I kept a log of what I wore every day so I wouldn't repeat an outfit twice in a two week span. I'm not sure why. It's not like anybody cared.

Kid Presentable
02-20-2010, 12:11 AM
3 pairs of business trousers (it's business time), about 10 shirts and 15 ties. And any given week, I only wear the one pair of trousers and 3 of the ties. I can't mix it up, it's fucked. I have a pretty sweet suit that I occasionally wear, but only when it suits the audience.

EDIT: I wear a different shirt each of these days, too haha not just a tie around my naked neck and shoulders.

Kid Presentable
02-20-2010, 12:12 AM
I'll usually wear jeans 3-10 times before washing them. I try not to wear the same thing every day though. I wore the same shirt twice this week...which isn't really normal. It's just so comfortable, I couldn't resist. I wear thin t-shirts or tanks under most tops in the winter, and I change those every day....usually.

I've mentioned this before, but when I was in high school I kept a log of what I wore every day so I wouldn't repeat an outfit twice in a two week span. I'm not sure why. It's not like anybody cared.

Dot, you cared. :)