View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 09:54 PM
Klingons don't smirk.

Default Re: The Family Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy Wood View Post
c
a friend of mine is trying to do stand up, she's had mixed feelings about it. once she went to an open mic and everyone was just standing around going over their acts in their minds and/or not paying attention or laughing. at the end of her set she said, "fuck you!" to the audience. ha. which, probably would make you laugh if you knew her and the way she said it...but you don't, so nevermind....
In my experience, that's what open mics are like, for the most part. It's all other comics waiting to get up. If there's a sense of community, or if they like you, they'll pay a little more attention to you. I was really honored the other night when a comic who's been around for a while came up and said he was going to wait to see my set until he left.

Last Sunday I did a set to a mic audience that was like black hole and didn't laugh at one thing I said. Two nights ago I did most of the same jokes and killed. There's so many circumstances, many that you have no control over, that go into it. Bombing is just something everyone has to go through, and you have to chalk it up to experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEIRESS View Post
*summits*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Webb View Post
1. watch as many woody allen movies as possible
2. ???????????
3. profit