Old 01-12-2005, 04:13 PM
The Burning Midgets

Default Re: A Challenge To Everyone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASsman
Evolution is ridiculous? Or the calling out?
the calling out part of it. listen, i believe in the scientific reasoning, more then the religous reasons. but, i think arguing over it is dumb. it goes nowhere.

On a traffic light yellow means yield, and green means go. On a banana, it's just the opposite, yellow means go ahead, green means stop, and red means, where'd the fuck you get that banana?
-Mitch Hedberg

Old 01-12-2005, 04:14 PM
Waiting to inhale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qdrop
i guess i didn't explain myself well enough.
I DO believe a chronic criminal deserves a chance at rehabilitation- one chance. then you leave this world.

i definately see your point.
however, with the advances in DNA and genetics, and other criminal investigative advancements....those wrongful convictions are decreasing AND being overturned from years ago.
true, there is a room for error.....but any practice is not fool proof.

i soundly disagree. i believe it more progressive to be more hardline on crimimals in general. it would advance society and remove the many cancers plaguing it.

agreed to an extent.
once they have been convicted and sentanced to death....do as much research as you wish, they have given up thier rights as inviduals.
then, upon conclusion of the research....kill em.

obvioulsy few would agree with my approach (few liberals, anway)....but one thing all should agree on: the current criminal legal system does not work.

suggestions?
There you go Q. Common sense once again.. They should develop a common sense party that agrees not be a party.

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Old 01-12-2005, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac D
hey man when i type on non serious things, such as a message board or aim, i don't bother going for the shift key. who cares?
Firstly, it helps to make posts comprehensible. Punctuation and grammer exist for a reason. Secondly, if you are typing correctly, holding down the shift key (use left pinky, it should be able to depress the shift key, whilst leaving your right hand free to access all the left hand side keys, and thumb on the space bar) should be incredibly easy, and not in any way shape or form time consuming. It will also help you punctuate correctly, as several of the punctuation marks are on keys second functions (question mark, colon, brackets, etc etc) and ingrain correct typing form. This should help increase your typomatic rate and accuracy (cutting down on the number of typos) whilst giving your posts more credibility, and making them easier to parse.

It *is* the least you can do.

I'm not demanding 100% spelling accuracy, or you to pour over grammatical handbooks. However correct capitalisation is one of the most remedial requirements for correct presentation, and something that even the most incompetent or lazy of posters should be perfectly capable of.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:22 PM
The Burning Midgets

Sorry, I will treat this message board as if it was school, Mr. Ace! please don't give me a detention for this!

On a traffic light yellow means yield, and green means go. On a banana, it's just the opposite, yellow means go ahead, green means stop, and red means, where'd the fuck you get that banana?
-Mitch Hedberg

Old 01-12-2005, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qdrop
not a problem. i'm in the same boat as you.

well, well.....dare i say i've found another independant centrist on this board? i was gettin lonely....

Independant? Yes. Centrist? No. (so far left you can't see me)

In the same boat? I hope there are sharks around 'cause you're going overboard! Ha ha ?
Old 01-12-2005, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I will treat this message board as if it was school, Mr. Ace! please don't give me a detention for this!
Also, your ironic comedic stylings are not funny. While persistance might make it more endearing, or give you opportunity to refine them, I would suggest you consider something more abstract.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:45 PM
Grand Wizard

Quote:
Isn't exactly "I love Ashlee Simpson: Discussion Group", it's "Political Discussion Group". So we are talking about more serious issues, that is probably why you see much less LOL/TTYL/OMG bullshit here. Oh and we WANT to have intelligent discussions, you sir(child, whatever) are not helping.

"Any dictator would admire the uniformity and obedience of the U.S. media." - Noam Chomsky

Old 01-12-2005, 04:47 PM

I think that is unfair. There is no reason why you can't have insightful political discussion as presented through the medium of a truck-stop toilet wall.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:50 PM
The Burning Midgets

Who said I was trying to be funny there? I'm serious. I guess to get respect in here, you need to take your time on the typing. I'm here to learn, not see people try to diss one another. It's too bad people take a good thing to the extreme.

-Mitch Hedberg

Old 01-12-2005, 04:53 PM
Professional Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahwho
Of course what do we know? We're just a bunch of friggin' loggers out in the woods.
"I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay..."

I was in Texas last weekend for a funeral and one of my wife's cousins asked me if I was a logger.

Mark Twain said it best: “America is a nation without a distinct criminal class...with the possible exception of Congress."

Old 01-12-2005, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Who said I was trying to be funny there? I'm serious.
Quote:
You were seriously worried I would give you a detention? You should be more worried about Corporal Punishment, and is camp friend Major Bumsore.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:58 PM
The Burning Midgets

Well duh, the dentention thing I just threw in there. Anyway, this conversation is probably the dumbest I have ever been in and the fault lies in my hand. So, there Ace, lets look past this thread because it is for sure a lost cause, and concentrate on bigger important things rather than itty bitty stupid things.

-Mitch Hedberg

Old 01-12-2005, 04:59 PM

Quote:
and concentrate on bigger important things rather than itty bitty stupid things.
My penis instead of Bush's intellect?
Old 01-12-2005, 05:01 PM
The Burning Midgets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace42
My penis instead of Bush's intellect?

haha

-Mitch Hedberg

Old 01-12-2005, 05:16 PM
Grand Wizard

Quote:
Anyway, this conversation is probably the dumbest I have ever been in
Don't you go to school...?

"Any dictator would admire the uniformity and obedience of the U.S. media." - Noam Chomsky

Old 01-12-2005, 05:41 PM
you fucking lemmings...

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANKY808
Independant? Yes. Centrist? No. (so far left you can't see me)

In the same boat? I hope there are sharks around 'cause you're going overboard! Ha ha ?

ahh.....

the lone sailor i be, once again....

yaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrr........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuzz
...to stretch your capacity for compassion for other people? Then again, I don't think you value that very highly. Not as highly as telling it like it is.
-----
Qdrop HipHop Mix

Old 01-13-2005, 12:36 PM
The Burning Midgets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASsman
Don't you go to school...?
haha, yea ASsman, you are for sure right. I hate high school. Too many morons.

-Mitch Hedberg