Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Non-Beastie Boys > General Political Discussion

Old 01-11-2005, 03:54 PM
The Burning Midgets

Default A Challenge To Everyone...

all these posts about trying to prove others wrong. we all are entitled to our own opinions and u must realize and respect that no matter how ridculous it seems to you. why can't we all just get along?

On a traffic light yellow means yield, and green means go. On a banana, it's just the opposite, yellow means go ahead, green means stop, and red means, where'd the fuck you get that banana?
-Mitch Hedberg

Old 01-11-2005, 03:59 PM
Fruit striped gum

Default Re: A Challenge To Everyone...

I agree

http://www.angelfire.com/80s/getalon...haracters.html
Old 01-11-2005, 03:59 PM
you fucking lemmings...

Because our beliefs and there beliefs cannot live side by side, apparently.

they want christianity everywhere.....and unrestrained in any way.

and i say "over my dead agnostic body".....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuzz
...to stretch your capacity for compassion for other people? Then again, I don't think you value that very highly. Not as highly as telling it like it is.
-----
Qdrop HipHop Mix

Old 01-11-2005, 04:01 PM
The Burning Midgets

then maybe qdrop it's better to just ignore them, and stop trying to disprove things. ignoring people is way underrated...

On a traffic light yellow means yield, and green means go. On a banana, it's just the opposite, yellow means go ahead, green means stop, and red means, where'd the fuck you get that banana?
-Mitch Hedberg

Old 01-11-2005, 04:03 PM
you fucking lemmings...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac D
then maybe qdrop it's better to just ignore them, and stop trying to disprove things. ignoring people is way underrated...
wake up, man....PEOPLE LIKE "THEM" JUST WON THE FUCKIN ELECTION!!

THEY HAVE AN AGENDA...AND SOMEONE IN OFFICE WHO BACKS IT!!

IGNORING THAT WON'T MAKE IT GO AWAY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuzz
...to stretch your capacity for compassion for other people? Then again, I don't think you value that very highly. Not as highly as telling it like it is.
-----
Qdrop HipHop Mix

Old 01-11-2005, 04:05 PM
The Burning Midgets

well thats your opinion and good for you. but i also support Bush, not for religous reasons though.

-Mitch Hedberg

Old 01-11-2005, 04:07 PM
Fruit striped gum

* Q-drop gets all worked up. and starts yelling "Jesus is not real God is phony!"*
Old 01-11-2005, 04:08 PM
The Burning Midgets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae
But this is a Beastie Boys message board.

You arent going to change any lives on here honey. Go picket the NRA or something.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!! people can agrue me all they want, but it's not going to change my mind. they can pull up facts (even though a lot of it is propaganda), it's still not going to change my mind!!! I don't go around trying to change people's opinions, it's pointless, especially in here. it's just a waste of time.

-Mitch Hedberg

Old 01-11-2005, 04:10 PM
Fruit striped gum

http://members.aol.com/MrDonnUnits/Propaganda.html
Old 01-11-2005, 04:36 PM

Quote:
all these posts about trying to prove others wrong. we all are entitled to our own opinions and u must realize and respect that no matter how ridculous it seems to you. why can't we all just get along?
That is absolute drivel of the first order. Firstly, you do not "have to respect everyone's opinions." - I certainly do not respect Hitler's opinions on the whole genocide issue, and I certainly do not think anyone should respect them.

Secondly, there is "true and false" - so acting like we can't say "that's bullshit" to someone believing in a lie is not only unproductive, but actively dangerous. Stupidity kills. It is the ignorance of the US citizenry at large which has resulted in hudnreds of thousands of innocent Iraqis being killed.

Thirdly, as Socrates would point out, opinions are not some untouchable enshrinement of imaginative virtue. Opinions are discrete concepts, and as such as subject to criticism of the most intellectual and scientifically rigorous kind. If an opinion is not consistant with Socratic method, if it is not based on objective fact or sound logical reasoning, the opinion is either wrong, or worthless.

There are no two ways about it. No matter how much you'd like to pat people on the back for being able to type out enough words to actually illicit a comprehensible response, it doesn't mean there is any merit in it whatsoever.

As Socrates DID point out, it is the duty of every member of a democratic society to challenge preconceptions with rigorous and clinical scientific thinking to ensure that all the components of a democracy (all members of the society) are working correctly.

A misinformed ignorant voter is like a cancer cell to a democratic nation. Even if they are a benign tumour, they are unwanted and unnecessary. Shielding these people from criticism is NOT helpful to anyone, not even them.

Yours is an argument for stupidity, and I cannot see how you can make a clever argument for stupidity, even if you were both competent enoguh a debater to do so, and had the inclination.
Old 01-11-2005, 05:04 PM
Grand Wizard

You niggers know nothing of respect. The White Knights WILL ride once more!

"Any dictator would admire the uniformity and obedience of the U.S. media." - Noam Chomsky

Old 01-11-2005, 05:08 PM
Waiting to inhale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace42
That is absolute drivel of the first order. Firstly, you do not "have to respect everyone's opinions." - I certainly do not respect Hitler's opinions on the whole genocide issue, and I certainly do not think anyone should respect them.

Secondly, there is "true and false" - so acting like we can't say "that's bullshit" to someone believing in a lie is not only unproductive, but actively dangerous. Stupidity kills. It is the ignorance of the US citizenry at large which has resulted in hudnreds of thousands of innocent Iraqis being killed.

Thirdly, as Socrates would point out, opinions are not some untouchable enshrinement of imaginative virtue. Opinions are discrete concepts, and as such as subject to criticism of the most intellectual and scientifically rigorous kind. If an opinion is not consistant with Socratic method, if it is not based on objective fact or sound logical reasoning, the opinion is either wrong, or worthless.

There are no two ways about it. No matter how much you'd like to pat people on the back for being able to type out enough words to actually illicit a comprehensible response, it doesn't mean there is any merit in it whatsoever.

As Socrates DID point out, it is the duty of every member of a democratic society to challenge preconceptions with rigorous and clinical scientific thinking to ensure that all the components of a democracy (all members of the society) are working correctly.

A misinformed ignorant voter is like a cancer cell to a democratic nation. Even if they are a benign tumour, they are unwanted and unnecessary. Shielding these people from criticism is NOT helpful to anyone, not even them.

Yours is an argument for stupidity, and I cannot see how you can make a clever argument for stupidity, even if you were both competent enoguh a debater to do so, and had the inclination.
Thank you Ace, I was just getting ready to respond to the self-righteous moron but you handled it for me.

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Old 01-11-2005, 05:10 PM
Waiting to inhale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qdrop
Because our beliefs and there beliefs cannot live side by side, apparently.

they want christianity everywhere.....and unrestrained in any way.

and i say "over my dead agnostic body".....
Get off that fence Q!!!!

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Old 01-11-2005, 05:11 PM
Grand Wizard

Seriously.

"Any dictator would admire the uniformity and obedience of the U.S. media." - Noam Chomsky

Old 01-11-2005, 05:13 PM
feeder

Oh crikey, how dull would it in this joint if we all just quietly accepted eachother's opinions?

I really don't come expecting anyone to practice the rules of civilised debate. I mean, it's nice when it happens and some interesting discourse gets rolling, but I really don't expect it. Sometimes it's flat out just more fun sitting here imagining some of you getting all het up over some rubbish.
Old 01-11-2005, 05:18 PM
Grand Wizard

Quote:
I wish we lived in the day where you could challenge a person to a duel.
Wait, wait, wait. In my opinion I shouldn't have to respect anyone elses opinion. So shouldn't you repespect my non-opinion-respecting opinion?

Or is it non-respecting opinion. Hahaha, I'm laughing to hard to care.

Old 01-11-2005, 05:39 PM
Professional Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Raay
Get off that fence Q!!!!

Mark Twain said it best: “America is a nation without a distinct criminal class...with the possible exception of Congress."

Old 01-11-2005, 05:53 PM
Professional Cynic

Just for giggles:

http://exchristian.net

Mark Twain said it best: “America is a nation without a distinct criminal class...with the possible exception of Congress."

Old 01-11-2005, 06:08 PM

Quote:

I accept your challenge Sir!

*hands out pink flowers to everyone*

*looks at watch*

Fuck That!! This is message board for God's sake arguing with people who disagree with you is half the fun. I don't usually do the political forum too much cus I have a low tolerance for dipshits like Ace and Assman but it's still fun. The world would be a dull place if we all just got along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kll
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!! THE INTERNET RUINED HER DAY!!!!

Old 01-11-2005, 06:10 PM
Grand Wizard

Or is that "politics" is out of you limited range. Or maybe it does't have enough of LOL/LMAO/OMG. Inbred.

Old 01-11-2005, 06:31 PM
Often mistaken for NPH

"It starts with the greed, then goes all wrong, that's why we can't all just get along"

Putting Shame in Your Game

It feels good to play a little music, tears running down my face because I love to do it.

Last edited by Running_Beastie : 01-11-2005 at 06:34 PM.
Old 01-11-2005, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loppfessor
cus I have a low tolerance for dipshits like Ace
The only reason you think I am a dipshit is because I totally pulled you on your support of the cold blooded murder of innocent people.

If despising your gross immorality and callous indifference to war crimes make me a "dipshit" then so be it.

Ditto for disregarding the unsubstantiated bullshit you come out with as fact. You are just a pompous little shit who thinks that if he throws enough shit around, some of it will stick.

Everyone except for you is well aware of just what a hypocritical prick you are, so you keep patting yourself on the back, because in the "Loppfessor fan club" you are in a minority of one.

Why not start selling KKK and Swastika bumper-stickers, then you might be able to garner some visible popular support for your unconscienable biggotry.
Old 01-11-2005, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Raay
Thank you Ace, I was just getting ready to respond to the self-righteous moron but you handled it for me.

Ace, I didn't know you had a cheer leader.
Old 01-11-2005, 10:15 PM
Peace & Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer5.0stang
Jesus is my cheerleader, it gets a little embarrassing during sex, with or without a partner.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YXKLqVCz8SA
I'm going dowwwwwn
[/url]

Old 01-11-2005, 10:17 PM
pen15

Conan has those statues on his show!!

Hook

Old 01-11-2005, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahwho
Jesus is my cheerleader, it gets a little embarrassing during sex, with or without a partner.
Exodus 20:4

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above.

That is unbelievable, that the Catholics would endorse and encourage someone to break a commandment.

But hey, the Priests are not hitting on much these days.
Old 01-11-2005, 10:40 PM
Peace & Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_1535
Conan has those statues on his show!!
That guy cracks me up, plus he's "in" with Robert Smigel, who is IMHO the funniest man on earth at this moment. I wish I could find more time to watch Conan.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YXKLqVCz8SA
I'm going dowwwwwn
[/url]

Old 01-12-2005, 02:44 AM
Registered Snoozer

I'm not sure where this idea that everyone's opinion has 100% equal value but in my and certain other people's minds this is a scary development. For example, who would you trust more to fix your car's brakes: a 17 year old who simply read a book on repairing brakes, or the slightly-wrinkled 40 year old mechanic with scars on his hands & a bad back from bending over cars all day long for a couple of decades?

No disrespect to the young guy but REALITY tells me to ask the older man.

And also, telling people not to argue could be construed to be a form of propaganda itself.

BTW (I found these while skipping around the Net; the boldfacing is mine):

Quote:
* Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. -- Proverbs 12:1

* Insight, untested and unsupported, is an insufficient guarantee of truth. -- Bertrand Russell

* Like a house that has vanished, so is wisdom to a fool; and the knowledge of the ignorant is unexamined talk. -- Sirach 21, 18:21 (RSV)

* To know and yet think we do not know is the highest attainment. Not to know and yet think we do is a disease. -- Lao-Tzu
Old 01-12-2005, 05:38 AM

Quote:
What with you saying D_raay is my cheerleader, and Loppfessor saying it is Assman, I am practically ready to turn in my crown as least popular *sensible* poster (that excludes Sisko) on the forum.
Old 01-12-2005, 06:33 AM
Ojo del Tigre

Quote:
Exodus 20:4

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above.

That is unbelievable, that the Catholics would endorse and encourage someone to break a commandment.

you ADDED an 11th commandment Racer ?

pfft, and you said children can understand your vision of religion, well this will confuse their young souls ! they might run off into REAL christianity

oh and btw, what happened to that sisko kid? he's gone ?

I am nothing but a big fat phony