Old 03-24-2020, 09:37 AM
Battletoad

Default Stay Well, Everyone.

Been a long time, but I hope all of you stay well during these difficult times.
Old 03-27-2020, 06:52 PM

Default Re: Stay Well, Everyone.

I second that. Stay safe and healthy everybody. Be excellent to each other.

message board

Old 03-30-2020, 03:10 PM
there it is

so... chloroquine? "whadowegot???" - al pacino in heat

emckannon.wix.com/mc-kannon

Last edited by ericg : 03-30-2020 at 04:39 PM.
Old 04-04-2020, 08:00 AM
rebel in black

I really hope people understand that you need to keep away from other people!
I caught the virus, had ten days really high fever and was in hospital for a week. Now I'm at home on two weeks quarantine. I still have hard to breath, but I'm getting better.

So This Is What I've Got To Say To You All
Be True To Yourself And You Will Never Fall

Old 04-04-2020, 04:54 PM
there it is

so glad your'e getting better..!!!
i just heard.. and i'm still learning.. but with teh antibodies you've built up against the virus you can make it so you can inject it into others which would keep them safe... right??? i'm sure theres a little more to it.. again, i'm learning.

emckannon.wix.com/mc-kannon

Last edited by ericg : 04-04-2020 at 04:57 PM.
Old 04-10-2020, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-grrrlie View Post
I caught the virus, had ten days really high fever and was in hospital for a week. Now I'm at home on two weeks quarantine. I still have hard to breath, but I'm getting better.
Wow, I hope you've come through the worst of it and are on the mend. Where I live, we had a little time to get ready and the local government took it seriously, but when neighbor states don't do the same I hope it still matters.

It's been a big change for me. My work is deemed essential but I can do most of it at home so I do. That means I'm in my house for several days in a row and even when I go to work I only see a few people. My work is busy so days are full. But in my "normal" life, I'm rarely home except to sleep, so I'm feeling pretty trapped--but hanging in there.

I've thought of the BBMB old-time members often in the past month or so. I find that listening to music brings even more solace than usual, and I remember so much that I experienced because someone from here gave me a good tip. I have many thank-yous to give. Best wishes to all. <3
Old 04-10-2020, 02:35 PM
Wicked!

Quote:
I hope you keep feeling better everyday. I’m working on a covid unit now at my hospital. Long road ahead. Be safe, peeps!

"A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle"

Old 04-12-2020, 01:13 PM

Quote:

Glad you are on the upswing of the virus. Scary shit!

I'm immunocompromised. have not left my house in a month. I can't risk coming in contact with anybody who may have it. I almost definitely will not survive, as I have multiple underlining conditions and a severely weakened immune system.

It's such a weird time for us all.

Luckily my wife and both small kids are very healthy. So they go for walks in big open parks and hikes in woods to stay sane. I watch a lot of movies, do a lot of cleaning, and listen to a lot of music.

Hope to see everybody on the other side of this sooner than later. Good luck, stay safe! Stay healthy.

message board

Old 04-12-2020, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicRN77 View Post
I hope you keep feeling better everyday. I’m working on a covid unit now at my hospital. Long road ahead. Be safe, peeps!

I just moved out of Boston about 4 years ago. Lived there for 20 years and worked at the Children's Hospital for the last 12. Being immunocompromised and working at a hospital actually almost killed me, (and I was on;y in the A/V dept.) which is why i left.

Please stay safe!

Too bad I never thought to look on here for fans from Boston.

message board

Old 04-14-2020, 07:46 AM
Wicked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiberish View Post
I just moved out of Boston about 4 years ago. Lived there for 20 years and worked at the Children's Hospital for the last 12. Being immunocompromised and working at a hospital actually almost killed me, (and I was on;y in the A/V dept.) which is why i left.

Please stay safe!

Too bad I never thought to look on here for fans from Boston.

Damn. Too bad! A few of us did meet up in 2007 before the Gala Show at the Opera House.

Old 04-14-2020, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Damn. Too bad! A few of us did meet up in 2007 before the Gala Show at the Opera House.
Oh bummer! You know that summer, I only had enough money for one big show. I chose Kanye... it's one of the worst shows I've ever seen in my life.

message board

Old 04-15-2020, 06:28 AM
Wicked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiberish View Post
Oh bummer! You know that summer, I only had enough money for one big show. I chose Kanye... it's one of the worst shows I've ever seen in my life.
I bet you kick yourself for that! Hope you’re safe and healthy wherever you’re living now!

Old 04-15-2020, 10:56 AM

Quote:
I bet you kick yourself for that! Hope you’re safe and healthy wherever you’re living now!
Indeed I do. Especially since that was basically the last time i could have seen them w/out traveling very far.

Thanks you too!

message board

Old 04-19-2020, 11:23 AM
rebel in black

Thanks everyone for your concern!

I really wish I had lengthened my sick leave as I'm not quite all right yet. The doctor called me last Tuesday and she was a bit worried that I still cough a lot, but didn't suggest lengthening the sick leave (it ended on Sunday). I have started to do some small homework and even worked at my allotment for an hour yesterday and today, but it really hurts my lungs afterwards so I have to rest for two hours...

And I'm supposed to start studying tomorrow! I am quite surprised that it was the unemployment office who suggested it even tho I'm 60! But as the pension age is being brought up every year now so guess I've got to work 10 more years before retiring... And I've so looking forward to that, getting a small house and drink wine in the garden....

Oh yeah, I'm gonna study to become an electrician! They (unemployment office) had a day where women could meet different schools for male orientated jobs and get more balance in the working force. And there's no lack of work there! And I can raise my yearly salary so I can afford to retire!

Old 04-19-2020, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Thanks everyone for your concern!

I really wish I had lengthened my sick leave as I'm not quite all right yet. The doctor called me last Tuesday and she was a bit worried that I still cough a lot, but didn't suggest lengthening the sick leave (it ended on Sunday). I have started to do some small homework and even worked at my allotment for an hour yesterday and today, but it really hurts my lungs afterwards so I have to rest for two hours...

And I'm supposed to start studying tomorrow! I am quite surprised that it was the unemployment office who suggested it even tho I'm 60! But as the pension age is being brought up every year now so guess I've got to work 10 more years before retiring... And I've so looking forward to that, getting a small house and drink wine in the garden....

Oh yeah, I'm gonna study to become an electrician! They (unemployment office) had a day where women could meet different schools for male orientated jobs and get more balance in the working force. And there's no lack of work there! And I can raise my yearly salary so I can afford to retire!
I'm sorry that your retirement feels farther off in the future, but it sounds badass to become an electrician. My house has many electrical issues I'd like to address and I'm scared to mess with anything electrical. I had a partial upgrade when a storm took out the power line that attached to my house and did some damage, but inside I still have ceiling fans that need to go and some overhead lights that don't work.

I suppose there's so much we don't know about the virus yet, and how long it might take to feel like you've recovered somewhat normal breathing?
Old 04-21-2020, 11:11 AM
rebel in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Documad View Post
I'm sorry that your retirement feels farther off in the future, but it sounds badass to become an electrician. My house has many electrical issues I'd like to address and I'm scared to mess with anything electrical. I had a partial upgrade when a storm took out the power line that attached to my house and did some damage, but inside I still have ceiling fans that need to go and some overhead lights that don't work.

I suppose there's so much we don't know about the virus yet, and how long it might take to feel like you've recovered somewhat normal breathing?
It has turned out that there's loads of mathematics in electricity... And I always hated maths! I'm totally useless in it!

Well no one knows how the virus will affect in the future. Some say that the ones who've already had it become immune, but how do we know? That's not certain! If I don't do anything physical I'm quite fine, today only got one serious cough attack. Bought some cough medicine yesterday even tho the doctor said I shouldn't (but that was when I was still in hospital).

Old 05-17-2020, 12:10 PM
Klingons don't smirk.

Hay yall. So sorry to hear about your illness b-grrrlie. That's horrible.

I'm in LA and they've taken it pretty seriously here thankfully. Just kind of at home trying to feel productive in any small way.

Been thinking about the board lately too. Maybe now's the time for a revival!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEIRESS View Post
*summits*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Webb View Post
1. watch as many woody allen movies as possible
2. ???????????
3. profit