Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Beastie Boys > BeastieBoys.com

Old 06-16-2004, 08:57 AM
Scientist

Default Thanks Moderators / Organizers

Mucho gracia for the MTV NYC contest (and the head's up on the Letterman show), had a blast at both. The two live shows were top notch and I never thought in my wildiest dreams that I would ever see Beastie Boys perform at such a small venue - a real treat to be sure. The mods (and their 'bosses') are really lookin' out for the fans and I do appreciate it a lot (and always will). Beyond understanding the historical importance of MTV [it started the whole video thing on TV - "Friday Night Videos" (USA) and "New Music Magazine" (Canada) were precursors I think] I am not really an MTV fan - but it did not matter when the three played Triple Trouble. Thanx again!

"A lot of record companies look at the numbers and they'll be like, 'Your first record sold 5 million and your second record sold only 800,000. What happened? You guys fell off, I think the band all feels that the record did really well. Most musicians I grew up playing music with would probably shoot me if I ever complained about selling 800,000 records."

Last edited by Michelle*s_Farm : 06-16-2004 at 09:03 AM.
Old 06-16-2004, 09:05 AM

Default Re: Thanks Moderators / Organizers

MF,

I was @ the letterman show also, which old guy/gal were you?
I was the geek who looked like he should be behind the counter at Blockbuster with the bat gadget belt.
Old 06-16-2004, 10:29 AM
Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Cheney
MF,

I was @ the letterman show also, which old guy/gal were you?
I was the geek who looked like he should be behind the counter at Blockbuster with the bat gadget belt.
I was the old guy, who looks like a young guy, with the crazy curly don king hairdo (I do need to get it cut) and a lime green short-sleaved shirt. I was wearing my old shell-toed adidas for the occasion. You know I should have been more friendly and outgoing (perhaps we need "hello may name is" shirt stickers with our handles next time to faciliate some 'ill communication'?).

"A lot of record companies look at the numbers and they'll be like, 'Your first record sold 5 million and your second record sold only 800,000. What happened? You guys fell off, I think the band all feels that the record did really well. Most musicians I grew up playing music with would probably shoot me if I ever complained about selling 800,000 records."

Old 06-16-2004, 11:40 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle*s_Farm
Mucho gracia for the MTV NYC contest (and the head's up on the Letterman show), had a blast at both. The two live shows were top notch and I never thought in my wildiest dreams that I would ever see Beastie Boys perform at such a small venue - a real treat to be sure. The mods (and their 'bosses') are really lookin' out for the fans and I do appreciate it a lot (and always will). Beyond understanding the historical importance of MTV [it started the whole video thing on TV - "Friday Night Videos" (USA) and "New Music Magazine" (Canada) were precursors I think] I am not really an MTV fan - but it did not matter when the three played Triple Trouble. Thanx again!
Hey! Glad you had a good time, and you are most welcome.

BeastieBoys.com