Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Beastie Boys > Remixes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2004, 07:22 AM
<--The Shnitzel

Default Pass The Mic [Two Face Remix]

Well, I tried this one as a little experiment in actual remixing, not mashing, after my recent Hattori Hanzo mix. I can't say I loved how this turned out, particularly as a sort of got sick and tired of working on this one towards the end, because I was more excited about some new stuff that I'm kicking around. Anyway, I finished it, and I uploaded it on my Soundclick site even though I don't really like it. If anyone wants all the individual loop and bits and such, so they can turn it into something that is a little more entertaining, just PM me.

FYI, it has a D&B flavor for the first half, then piano licks for the second half.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/vl...minchkinov.htm

Samples used:
Drum Loop is from 'Battlestar Scralatchtica' by Incubus
First Bass Lick from 'Arpeggios' off of the Zen Gardens CD (For the record I do not own this CD).
Second Bass Lick off of the ACIDplanet loop library (cuz I was too lazy to cook up another real one.)
First 2 Piano loops from 'Keyboard Sonata in B minor' from the 25 Guitar Favorites CD.
Last piano loop is from 'Bourrée - From Partita For Violin Solo No.1 in B minor, BWV 1002' from The Andres Segovia Collection.

Maybe some of you guys will like it more than I did. Anyway, I'm cooking up some Led Zeppelin/Beasties Mash-Ups (that's right, I'm shamelessly ripping off DJ BCs idea for the Beastles, except with LED Zep. Aren't I clever?) and a live band, or at least live guitar and bass, mix. Think of the Graham Coxom mix of Triple Trouble, and you'll have the idea.