Old 09-23-2004, 11:52 AM
Waiting to inhale

Default British MP furious

A British MP who was held in an ambulance at an Israeli military checkpoint for more than an hour after he suffered a stroke is to ask the Foreign Office to protest at his treatment.

Ian Gibson, the Labour MP for Norwich North, said that soldiers stopped him for about 90 minutes as they demanded he leave the Palestinian Red Crescent ambulance taking him to an Arab-run hospital in East Jerusalem and take an Israeli ambulance.

"I was being quite violently sick at the time. I was pretty ill and I think they knew I was pretty ill. They could see I was vomiting and yet they insisted on this kind of treatment," he said at a Jerusalem hospital yesterday. "We had to keep waiting for a more senior officer to appear and so on. The feeling was that humanitarian care of the patient was way down the list and that they were making a point."

Palestinian ambulances are frequently delayed or turned back at checkpoints. The Palestinian Centre for Human Rights says at least 43 people have died in the past four years because ambulances were stopped or delayed. More than a dozen women have been forced to give birth at checkpoints, resulting in at least five stillbirths.
http://politics.guardian.co.uk/forei...310679,00.html

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Old 09-23-2004, 12:09 PM

Default Re: British MP furious

Muh, Labour MPs... "Woah Johnny, did you back the wrong horse."
Old 09-23-2004, 03:01 PM
Is this fun yet?

Default Re: British MP furious

It was for his own safety while having a stroke though.

Quote:
...is watching the live feed, waiting for the first Chilean miner to reach the surface, wild-eyed and consumed by bloodthirst, as the rescue team unknowingly brings the zombie virus- and it's first 34 carriers- to an unsuspecting world.