Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Non-Beastie Boys > Beastie-Free General Discussion

Old 02-23-2006, 10:57 PM
lost her earing

Default has anyone here been abused in there childhood?

im nmot saying like annoying ur siblings and then they hit you i mean real deal. has anyone on here been abuses as a child and what did you do about it?

you sound like friggin' Rocky Balboa

Old 02-23-2006, 11:09 PM
ehsteve!

Default Re: has anyone here been abused in there childhood?

this is a very sensitive subject. people may not want to reply

i drink to drown my sorrows but the sons of bitches have learned to swim

Old 02-23-2006, 11:09 PM
Campus Fuckface

I'm guessing getting spanked as a child doesn't qualify as "abuse" here, does it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
in the hip hop world, we call you a biter, and it's one of the most egregious things a person can do

Old 02-23-2006, 11:14 PM
lost her earing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroppinScience
I'm guessing getting spanked as a child doesn't qualify as "abuse" here, does it?

haha, nope

Old 02-23-2006, 11:17 PM
lost her earing

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorra_chiflada
this is a very sensitive subject. people may not want to reply

it is sensitive and i was only wondering, u dont have to its just that others may have suffered the same treatment and are looking for an outlet to express there concern.

Old 02-24-2006, 12:14 AM
Monkey News

my father use to beat me with the radiator. that's ok though becuase i ran him over with a snow mobile that had steel studded tracks.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:53 AM
souped-up sucka

I had soap put in my mouth a few times for saying 'fucker' and 'shithead' as a toddler. It sucked.

»»» burbboi «««

(_|_)

Old 02-24-2006, 01:07 AM
lost her earing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurdBerglar
my father use to beat me with the radiator. that's ok though becuase i ran him over with a snow mobile that had steel studded tracks.

shit!

i've been beaten so that i get really bad bruises and sometimes cuts, but the a radiator would hurt like hell, not by my parents though, by my maniac sister. you know in the breakfast club when the criminal does the little act of life at his place, that like me except its my sister who hits me, my parents curse at me all the time, but they dont hit, my sister goes psyco on me though....

Old 02-24-2006, 01:15 AM
CANADA'S BIGGEST BBOY FAN

i was once caught making up blood sugar numbers as a kid for my diabetis. and my dad took me in the room, locked the door. belted me for a good long time, i had tons of bruises...thats the worst of it. now i hit them back.

http://mic-to-mic.blogspot.com/

Old 02-24-2006, 01:38 AM
lost her earing

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb
i was once caught making up blood sugar numbers as a kid for my diabetis. and my dad took me in the room, locked the door. belted me for a good long time, i had tons of bruises...thats the worst of it. now i hit them back.

once my sister almost spilt my eyebrow, and shes beaten me so hard that i've literally had bruises on my bruises<--thats happened more than once.

Old 02-24-2006, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickista
once my sister almost spilt my eyebrow, and shes beaten me so hard that i've literally had bruises on my bruises<--thats happened more than once.

your sister? why.

Old 02-24-2006, 01:44 AM
pleased

I've recently decided that the abuse in my childhood home has been the root of my shyness and general fear of life. it's weird, I always kind of just brushed it off...suppose I was in denial. I cope by pretending nothing really happened, but it haunts me almost every day. shit, I shouldn't think about this when I'm stizzed. it's a total bummer dude!

saisinko uunissa paistettu juustoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetary
i just hate rollerblading. it's for lamewads.

and do you like rollerblading?

Old 02-24-2006, 01:48 AM
lost her earing

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb
your sister? why.

i dno she doesnt like me i guess so if shes in a shit mood or if i piss her off she takes all her anger out on me, and shes older and much bigger and muscleier so i cant do too much.

Old 02-24-2006, 02:02 AM
back

This sounds like a fairly serious problem vik. I think you should have a look at sites like this. I understand family can be difficult tho, and even reporting it is a huge step. I wouldn't want to make things worse, but if it really is that bad you should seek help, I think. Before it turns into a really ugly situation that could even potentially see you getting trouble. I can only imagine the resentment you harbour, and that could manifest as something you regret later.
Old 02-24-2006, 02:12 AM
lost her earing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracky
This sounds like a fairly serious problem vik. I think you should have a look at sites like this. I understand family can be difficult tho, and even reporting it is a huge step. I wouldn't want to make things worse, but if it really is that bad you should seek help, I think. Before it turns into a really ugly situation that could even potentially see you getting trouble. I can only imagine the resentment you harbour, and that could manifest as something you regret later.

thnx 4 the site, it is big problem, and i can see it changing me, i used to be a good girl, now i rebel against skool and shit and im turning into the criminal in the breakfast club, its quite scary coz we were watching it at skool and some of the shit he said was exactly how it is at my place... umm but yeah i dont think i can report it, i mean some of my close frends at skool no about it, but that it i dont think it would be a good idea to split my family like that because other then my family all i have is a few close frends.

Old 02-24-2006, 02:20 AM
well weapon

Quote:
thnx 4 the site, it is big problem, and i can see it changing me, i used to be a good girl, now i rebel against skool and shit and im turning into the criminal in the breakfast club, its quite scary coz we were watching it at skool and some of the shit he said was exactly how it is at my place... umm but yeah i dont think i can report it, i mean some of my close frends at skool no about it, but that it i dont think it would be a good idea to split my family like that because other then my family all i have is a few close frends.
If it's as bad as it sounds (and it sounds pretty bad) it'll rip your family apart anyway. If you say something it'll be bad for awhile, but at least there's the chance that it can be fixed. If you allow it to continue you'll just wind up hating your sister (because she hurts you) and your parents (because they aren't stepping in and stopping it). You might even wind up hating some of your friends for not saying anything. As hard as it will be, you really need to get help.
Old 02-24-2006, 02:21 AM

Alright, here goes my shitty life story :

My father is a retired Marine fucking mean prick old bastard that use to beat the shit out of me starting around 6 yrs old with a fucking belt - with my pants down and on the bare ass and legs ! I went through this living hell up to around the age of 13 yrs old and shit got worse when he started punching me with bare fucking fists. Just for stupid shit like "having the tv up too loud !" and for having to go to summer school during the 8th grade only because I was often too sick with the flu and missed too many days from school. He refused to take me to the doctor - because he said "Toughen it out like a man would like I use to have to do as a kid !" The crazy fucking bastard didnt even have a drinking problem to blame his fucking crazyness on - because he was just a mean motherfucker plain and simple. He was and still is the worst man I've went up against nearly every day of my life.Once he went fucking psycho on my black friends being "in his house" and ran after them with a fucking sword into the nearby woods like a madman. I started drinking around 15 yrs old and got strung out on drugs because of all the constant physical and mental abuse and luckily finished school, just barely. He had forced me to talk to a fucking Marine Recruiter once to enlist the same week of my 18th birthday and "Make a man out of myself!" but I absolutely refused and by the age of near 19 - I was the fuck out of "his house" completely. I returned late one night about a year later with the drunken plans to inflict the same pain that he did upon me and honest to God didnt care if I killed him and myself both that night. Luckily for me - both of us were arrested (me after going to the hospital with three broken ribs - then straight to jail for a week) But even though he got his punches in as usual - I got mine in on his face by breaking his fucking nose and slamming my fist into his face so hard that he was dripping with blood from his mouth with some missing teeth and both eyes blackened almost shut. I have been in MANY nasty fights since - but NONE AS BAD ! as the hatred I unleashed on my father that night. I dont expect ANY sympathy responses from this "really personal" post - but I had to respond when I seen the thread automatically, so laugh at me or what ever you guys ! I have to just to KEEP MY SANITY FOR ALL THESE YEARS ! and am lucky not to be a fucking serial killer because of being victimized to all the constant child abuse I had to endure, with not an ounce of counseling since. And I swear to God that when I do have children - NOT to replicate the fucked up shit I went through as a young kid and to love em unconditionally instead of the abuse I faced and be a loving father...always!!!

"You can fall many times in life...
but you're never a failure as long
as you try to get up." Evel Knievel

Old 02-24-2006, 02:24 AM
back

No one's laughing
Old 02-24-2006, 02:26 AM
lost her earing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medellia
If it's as bad as it sounds (and it sounds pretty bad) it'll rip your family apart anyway. If you say something it'll be bad for awhile, but at least there's the chance that it can be fixed. If you allow it to continue you'll just wind up hating your sister (because she hurts you) and your parents (because they aren't stepping in and stopping it). You might even wind up hating some of your friends for not saying anything. As hard as it will be, you really need to get help.

well my parents have tried to stop it, but it always happens when there at work which is between 5am and 8pm every day except sunday wen there at work all arvo. but when they get home they tell her off, but she doesnt exactly listen, i dont hate her for hurting me i hate that it makes me feel like no one in my family thinks im worth anything and that i dont belong(which is what im told almost all the time) my friends care, i no they do, but theres nothing they can do. whenever im walking down the corodore at skool and my sisters there they all gather round me as if to protect me, its really very thoughtful, but they wont tell anyone because i dont want them too, and i dont want anyone because even though they do all kinds of shit to me i love em , and that would tear up my parents and everyone involved more than i care to think about and i cant handle hurting them like that.

Old 02-24-2006, 02:27 AM
well weapon

ONly an asshole would make fun of you for that.

This was directed to CrankItUp, btw.
Old 02-24-2006, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracky
No one's laughing
thanks alot tracky

Old 02-24-2006, 02:33 AM

CrankItUp, that is fuckin balls my man. That shit is depressing, I couldnt imagine what that would be like. But Im sure the old man had it coming, and I wouldnt blame ya for whaling on him either. Props.

Old 02-24-2006, 02:35 AM
well weapon

Quote:
well my parents have tried to stop it, but it always happens when there at work which is between 5am and 8pm every day except sunday wen there at work all arvo. but when they get home they tell her off, but she doesnt exactly listen, i dont hate her for hurting me i hate that it makes me feel like no one in my family thinks im worth anything and that i dont belong(which is what im told almost all the time) my friends care, i no they do, but theres nothing they can do. whenever im walking down the corodore at skool and my sisters there they all gather round me as if to protect me, its really very thoughtful, but they wont tell anyone because i dont want them too, and i dont want anyone because even though they do all kinds of shit to me i love em , and that would tear up my parents and everyone involved more than i care to think about and i cant handle hurting them like that.
Well it's good that you have your friends there to protect you at school at least. You're very lucky for that.

As for tearing up your family, like I said, when you're an adult you will probably be pretty resentful and won't want to be around them. I haven't gone through abuse, but I have family members who have, and as adults they want nothing to do with the people who abused them, and resent the ones who could have stopped it but didn't. It probably will cause some serious damage to your family in the future. Better to get it over with now and work through it. Do you have a teacher you trust? You could talk to them. Just doing that would help alot.
Old 02-24-2006, 02:37 AM

Quote:
ONly an asshole would make fun of you for that.

This was directed to CrankItUp, btw.
Thanks, and after thinking of and venting all this crap to all you guys to read, I'm shutting off and getting some much needed shut eye too..so thank you everybody!

Old 02-24-2006, 02:40 AM
lost her earing

Quote:
Well it's good that you have your friends there to protect you at school at least. You're very lucky for that.

As for tearing up your family, like I said, when you're an adult you will probably be pretty resentful and won't want to be around them. I haven't gone through abuse, but I have family members who have, and as adults they want nothing to do with the people who abused them, and resent the ones who could have stopped it but didn't. It probably will cause some serious damage to your family in the future. Better to get it over with now and work through it. Do you have a teacher you trust? You could talk to them. Just doing that would help alot.

well its too late for that because i already dread coming home, and haging around them. i have a teacher i could tell but i dont want it to make my parents look bad because they've worked really hard to earn enough money to provide us with eduation and everything, and they've been through alot and i mean they've never done anything wrong, but if i tell a teacher and that they might blame my parents, but its not there fault.

Old 02-24-2006, 02:45 AM
well weapon

Quote:
well its too late for that because i already dread coming home, and haging around them. i have a teacher i could tell but i dont want it to make my parents look bad because they've worked really hard to earn enough money to provide us with eduation and everything, and they've been through alot and i mean they've never done anything wrong, but if i tell a teacher and that they might blame my parents, but its not there fault.
You said earlier that your parents have tried to stop her. All you have to do is say that to your teacher. As long as you say what you have on here I don't think it will reflect too badly on them. Besides, it sound like something's going on with her and that she might need help too.
Old 02-24-2006, 02:46 AM
well weapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankItUp!
Thanks, and after thinking of and venting all this crap to all you guys to read, I'm shutting off and getting some much needed shut eye too..so thank you everybody!
Aww, you're welcome. Was nothing.

Sweet dreams.
Old 02-24-2006, 02:53 AM
lost her earing

Quote:
You said earlier that your parents have tried to stop her. All you have to do is say that to your teacher. As long as you say what you have on here I don't think it will reflect too badly on them. Besides, it sound like something's going on with her and that she might need help too.

im being so stupid, my eyes are all watery and shit, its so stupid.
alrite ill talk to the teacher but im still really scared. im being stupid rnt i crying, being scared. its funny to coz i feel able to say it to you freely abut it but im scared to tell a teacher. oh forget it im just being stupid, fuck man i cnt believe im crying over this shit man...

Old 02-24-2006, 02:56 AM
well weapon

Quote:
im being so stupid, my eyes are all watery and shit, its so stupid.
alrite ill talk to the teacher but im still really scared. im being stupid rnt i crying, being scared. its funny to coz i feel able to say it to you freely abut it but im scared to tell a teacher. oh forget it im just being stupid, fuck man i cnt believe im crying over this shit man...
*hugs*
You aren't being stupid. It's very brave of you to talk about it. You shouldn't do it unless you're ready, but I think you are, otherwise you wouldn't have made this thread.
Old 02-24-2006, 02:58 AM
back

Vik, how long has this been going on?