Old 09-12-2006, 01:38 PM
same old

Default I'm learning prejudice

I'm becoming prejudiced against a certain ethnic group becuase all my encounters with them have been annoying. It's becoming a learned response that I get annoyed at the sight of their unique style, language, and appearance that makes them stand out in my encounters with everybody else. It's too bad. This is a problem. People come to a country and cultures clash and people get annoyed and it turns into this big division. Cultures don't integrate, people want to maintain their lifestyles the way they've been doing it for years, and when someone does something different it's unsettling to both parties. Does anyone else experience this - this self awareness of becoming prejudiced through frustrating encounters with a group of people you see every day? My encounters are with people who have just come to this country and are persistent and pushy, just because of their situation and my position and it's nobody's fault but it's getting to me and I'm becoming biased towards anyone of this ethnic group.

Last edited by Nuzzolese : 09-12-2006 at 01:40 PM.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:42 PM
The Fuckening

Default Re: I'm learning prejudice

You prolly just in the wrong hood, is all. I'm surrounded by rednecks but not all rednecks are the same. It makes me want to yell out a good old "fucking rednecks!" but I wouldn't want the honest, wholesome rednecks to be offended.

If you're talking about mexicans just go ahead and say it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b i o n i c View Post
sinbad, sine-aid, whatever her name is... put a bag over it and do ya business

Old 09-12-2006, 01:43 PM
WRASSLIN!

you know who i ate? those fucking asian bastards. they loooooove them some costco. and like 18 will come in and use one membership card and ask for 40 different orders of about 30 jumbo-sized pill bottles each, and they make me fit them in bags but we only have meat bags which fit about 3 bottles each, and if i dare mix the orders theyll start screaming their AW NING NAH KUWAH shit at me and i walk away so i dont punch one of them and get in trouble anyway for providing bad member service. fuck them!

cheese is yum personified

Old 09-12-2006, 01:44 PM
The Fuckening

It's all good. We're going to end up nuking them again in a couple of years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b i o n i c View Post
sinbad, sine-aid, whatever her name is... put a bag over it and do ya business

Old 09-12-2006, 01:45 PM
WRASSLIN!

argh, i typed ate and i meant hate. i hate asians. i would probably eat one though. mmm now i want chinese food

cheese is yum personified

Old 09-12-2006, 01:49 PM
Ahead

The Vietnamese folks at the Vietnamese grocery on my block sometimes drive me nuts. NO concept of communal space. they'll walk in and park their cart RIGHT in the way so you can't get past. They'll park their carts anywhere else, too, and if it blocks off an aisle, so be it. They're also big on pushing their cart into the checkout lane, then going off and shopping some more. Often, a child will be in the cart's child seat as a bookmarker of sorts, I guess.

On the plus side, the Vietnamese women running the registers will often just open up a lane and wave me over to ring me up quickly and not make me wait; that part is cool.

Has anyone in this family ever even seen a chicken?

Old 09-12-2006, 01:57 PM
freq out!

Lightbulb Re: I'm learning prejudice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate
you know who i ate? those fucking asian bastards. they loooooove them some costco. and like 18 will come in and use one membership card and ask for 40 different orders of about 30 jumbo-sized pill bottles each, and they make me fit them in bags but we only have meat bags which fit about 3 bottles each, and if i dare mix the orders theyll start screaming their AW NING NAH KUWAH shit at me and i walk away so i dont punch one of them and get in trouble anyway for providing bad member service. fuck them!
orange juice and gasoline should cure what ails ye.

nuzz: i can relate to your situation. every since i arrived in america i feel a whole lot less... [____________] with a particular group of people.

"The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatsoever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible."
-Bertrand Russell

Old 09-12-2006, 02:06 PM
same old

Thanks guys! This is a great support group. You know, when it starts with the legitimately annoying behavior, something that is behaviorally different, then it spreads (the hate I mean) to the trivial things like being annoyed at their clothes and accents and everything else.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:15 PM
Dietrich

Actually I've been feeling the same way....
This certain group of people were illegally hired at places I've worked at before and all they did was sexually harass the women. I'd say about 90% of the people I've met from that group have acted the same way.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:16 PM
BEAZTIE BOYZ #1 FANZ!

Is it the Arabs? It's the Arabs, isn't it?

KILLA

Your mom busted in and said, "What's that noise?"
Aw, mom you're just jealous, it's the Beas-tie-Boys!!!

Old 09-12-2006, 02:20 PM
freq out!

Lightbulb

I'm thinking arabs are EXTRA friendly and polite these days due to the american people thinking they're all jihadists.

not that having good manners is really an american thing.

"The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatsoever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible."
-Bertrand Russell

Old 09-12-2006, 02:22 PM
Dietrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickill
Is it the Arabs? It's the Arabs, isn't it?
Actually no, we don't have many Arabs in my area.......it's the DUTCH!
Old 09-12-2006, 02:26 PM
BEAZTIE BOYZ #1 FANZ!

What's the difference, really? The Dutch wear wooden shoes, Arabs wear Hush Puppies...other than that, they're pretty much all the same to me.

KILLA

Old 09-12-2006, 02:26 PM
freq out!

Lightbulb Re: I'm learning prejudice

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotAndWet
Actually no, we don't have many Arabs in my area.......it's the DUTCH!

hahaah. they tip like shit, right?

my old neighbour was dutch. he told me this gem:

why do dutch people have such long ears and receding hair lines.

oh shit it's a visual kind of joke.

/end post

-Bertrand Russell

Old 09-12-2006, 03:46 PM
good reactions, etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuzzolese
I'm becoming prejudiced against a certain ethnic group becuase all my encounters with them have been annoying. It's becoming a learned response that I get annoyed at the sight of their unique style, language, and appearance that makes them stand out in my encounters with everybody else. It's too bad. This is a problem. People come to a country and cultures clash and people get annoyed and it turns into this big division. Cultures don't integrate, people want to maintain their lifestyles the way they've been doing it for years, and when someone does something different it's unsettling to both parties. Does anyone else experience this - this self awareness of becoming prejudiced through frustrating encounters with a group of people you see every day? My encounters are with people who have just come to this country and are persistent and pushy, just because of their situation and my position and it's nobody's fault but it's getting to me and I'm becoming biased towards anyone of this ethnic group.
i hate when that happens. to be honest it's happened/happening to me too. and i fucking notice it's happening and i go "you racist bastard, i can't believe you just thought that", but i can't help it, it keeps happening. it makes me kinda sick with myself when i do it, but it happens anyway, the same way you described.

it's more of a problem with me finding things annoying than with people doing annoying things, of course, but i am who i am.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:56 PM
same old

Yeah! Except that I don't even feel guilty about it anymore. I just recognize it as a problem and I blame society's ills. I blame anyone else, really.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:59 PM
same old

It's not what color you are, it's how your pants fit and how you conduct yourself at the grocery store.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:12 PM
good reactions, etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuzzolese
Yeah! Except that I don't even feel guilty about it anymore. I just recognize it as a problem and I blame society's ills. I blame anyone else, really.
you racist bastard!

the only redeeming factor i find in myself about the whole thing is that at least i feel bad about thinking racist stuff. and at least i don't go "oh well it's not racist because"

no it's racist, we're all pretty racist i think
Old 09-12-2006, 04:19 PM
BEAZTIE BOYZ #1 FANZ!

I kinda feel a little deep passionate hatred towards a lot of different ethnic groups at times, including my own. For all sorts of different reasons. Not that it justifies being slightly racist, but I don't particularly favor any one group of people, anyhow. And I don't try to convince other people that it's right. But in the end, yes, I get annoyed because such and such group of people do whatever whatever a lot. Sometimes.

KILLA

Old 09-12-2006, 04:20 PM
doubts your commitment

i find myself in the same boat what with the major ethnic group in the city in which i reside. i've had pretty much nothing but negative encounters...see: the night those assholes shouted things at me in my car. i've never been one to stereotype, but lately it's hard not to :\

lonely as a cloud in the golden state
"the longest winter that i ever saw
was the summer that i spent..."

Old 09-12-2006, 04:23 PM
BEAZTIE BOYZ #1 FANZ!

So you just think that all assholes are horrible people now?

KILLA

Old 09-12-2006, 04:24 PM
Monkey News

i've noticed it's not the race it's the class. there's like different types of foreigners that i've encountered. the educated types and the types that lived in a villiage their whole life. i can't stand those villiage assholes. they're pretty much all the same from race to race. very loud, angry, inconsiderate, pushy, ignorant, and funky as hell. the one thing that pisses me off the most is the ability to just be in a way. they just don't seem to understand the concept of being in a rush. or they seem to think public areas are their's and if you don't like it go find your own area. naked children running around in the water play area of the park... fucking morons. get told that their children can't be naked and the pull the prejudice card. PUT SOME FUKING CLOTHES ON YOUR KID.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:25 PM
Broken! and ****** soon!

i hate irish ppl. Well, just the accent, they're impossible to understand
Old 09-12-2006, 04:29 PM
BEAZTIE BOYZ #1 FANZ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icy manipulator
i hate irish ppl. Well, just the accent, they're impossible to understand
Well, that's understandable. We're only meant to tolerate so much.

KILLA

Old 09-12-2006, 04:32 PM
Broken! and ****** soon!

Quote:
Well, that's understandable. We're only meant to tolerate so much.
ppl always find it strange when a guy named Patrick Kieran says he hates irish accents. it's like a toned down version of a black neo nazi
Old 09-12-2006, 04:34 PM
good reactions, etc?

Quote:
So you just think that all assholes are horrible people now?
what the hell, cosmo? i'm half asshole on my mother's side, we're people too
Old 09-12-2006, 04:37 PM
doubts your commitment

look, i'm not saying that ALL assholes are bad people, i'm just saying that i've had negative experiences with the assholes i've encountered, but i'm not going to let that dictate the way i view the entire Asshole race. i feel terrible for what i've said.

lonely as a cloud in the golden state
"the longest winter that i ever saw
was the summer that i spent..."

Old 09-12-2006, 04:45 PM
three steps ahead

while I was working in the armsroom, I've noticed that there was a certain group of people who didn't have thier stuff squared away and I hate myself for noticing it but it's true.

This certain group of people were the ones who had the highest rate of pointing weapons at me when turning them in. One of them still had a round in the chamber when they gave their weapon to my coworker and my coworker slammed the bolt foward and the gun went off and a round went into the ceiling. It's also my coworker's fault for not looking in the chamber to make sure it's clear.

Also, I've noticed that they have the highest rate of not remembering their seriel number of their weapon, which is very important.

There's other ethnic groups that I work with who do the same thing, as a matter of fact, all ethnic groups that I've worked with do the same things but not as often as one in particular.

Why do I have to notice this? It really irratates me because this whole, "back in the hood" attitude will cause serious injury or death at my old job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DipDipDive View Post
You haven't lived until you've been pounded up against a flaming trash can.

Old 09-12-2006, 05:38 PM
Papillon butinant

I dont ressent hatred towards immigrants/ethnic groups . I get annoyed by morons so it could be anybody in any ethnics groups.

The ones kind of MORON that i hated the most , if i have to pick, would be the freaking rednecks; the KKK. Thoses assholes are just pure stupidity and make me vomit.

All i want to say is that I love trees.

Old 09-12-2006, 05:59 PM
☭ ☭ ☭

All the Sudanese refugees in Tasmania are all rich as fuck and they dress gangsta.

Theri jeans are way down their legs, but at least they wont stab you for a ciggarette like the white bogan scum that infest this city.

All our ethnics are pretty normal, we must have the good ones or something.

or perhaps just not large enough numbers so that you start noticing the arseholes by race.

TO MAKE GOLD IN WORLD OF WARCRAFT YOU GOTTA BE THE BEST, MAKING SILVER OR BRONZE IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. DO IT FOR YOUR COUNTRY, AT THE WORLD OF WARCRAFT OLYPMICS.